Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
marisco

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#51 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:38 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:55 pm why would one bother with a 3000 emblem grind that requires RR61 when I can simply do PvE for a +5% damage variant of the same thing - all the while getting boxes of liniments, Redeye & Sentinel, Sentinel accessory, Bloodlord gear & various other goodies in the process?
If you can "SIMPLY" do PvE to get the gear, than do it yourself too. It's not rocket science. People have worked to get gear, what's the big deal?

From what I've seen the complaints sound like "i don't want to do PVE for gear, so no one should too". It's kinda ridiculous.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#52 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm

marisco wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:38 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:55 pm why would one bother with a 3000 emblem grind that requires RR61 when I can simply do PvE for a +5% damage variant of the same thing - all the while getting boxes of liniments, Redeye & Sentinel, Sentinel accessory, Bloodlord gear & various other goodies in the process?
If you can "SIMPLY" do PvE to get the gear, than do it yourself too. It's not rocket science. People have worked to get gear, what's the big deal?

From what I've seen the complaints sound like "i don't want to do PVE for gear, so no one should too". It's kinda ridiculous.
<-- has full Sentinel on BG and DOK, and intends to run Bastion Stair (because I have no other choice if I want to do things other than farm trashgeared lowbies), but nice strawman attempt regardless.

Point is that there shouldn't be one-all, end-all part of the game that is encouraged, often at the expense of others; it's a pretty **** simple concept to grasp.

Ototo

Post#53 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm

<-- has full Sentinel on BG and DOK, and intends to run Bastion Stair (because I have no other choice if I want to do things other than farm trashgeared lowbies), but nice strawman attempt regardless.

Point is that there shouldn't be one-all, end-all part of the game that is encouraged, often at the expense of others; it's a pretty **** simple concept to grasp.
Wait for Sovereign and stop whining? I don't know, like a choice....
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#54 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:46 pm

It amazes me that you can't grasp what I'm trying to point out, but then again, you do have a tendency to post unsubstantiated hurr on the regular. HF

Tellark

Post#55 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm

tbh nobody wrote that people who like to do pve shouldnt do it.

It is more about that people who dont like to do pve sc or rvr should have another option to get the gear they want without doing stuff in their free time they dont want to do. But you are forced to do it if you want to play on a certain level.

Ototo

Post#56 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:47 pm

It amazes me that you can't grasp what I'm trying to point out, but then again, you do have a tendency to post unsubstantiated hurr on the regular. HF
Accusing others of using logical fallacies and using yourself an Ad Hominem? Someone is salty out there....

And to let the PG knows what is "unsubtantial", here's the post that pissed him off:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32007&p=361848#p361848
Spoiler:

Ototo

Post#57 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm

Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm

tbh nobody wrote that people who like to do pve shouldnt do it.

It is more about that people who dont like to do pve sc or rvr should have another option to get the gear they want without doing stuff in their free time they dont want to do. But you are forced to do it if you want to play on a certain level.
If you want to play in that certain level, you have the time.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#58 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 pm
Accusing others of using logical fallacies and using yourself an Ad Hominem? Someone is salty out there....

And to let the PG knows what is "unsubtantial", here's the post that pissed him off:
I mean, you do post unsubstantiated stuff: you had no evidence in the thread you linked whatsoever, didn't tell us whether or not it was pug sc or normal sc, the list goes on...

Ads
Ototo

Post#59 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:05 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 pm

I mean, you do post unsubstantiated stuff: you had no evidence in the thread you linked whatsoever, didn't tell us whether or not it was pug sc or normal sc, the list goes on...
It's called name-shaming, it's against the rules, and yeah, I don't do it publicly. I have been taking screenshots all day though. And btw, to post soooo "unsubstantiated stuff", seems that I hitted the spot. Twice.

Back on topic and hoping that I don't have to return to this topic to answer more accusations from you, I do really like the new non-restricted system, and so far have helped me do 2 dungeons cause I want to, instead of grind Gumbad cause I have no other choice, so happy pony here =)
Spoiler:

marisco

Post#60 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm Point is that there shouldn't be one-all, end-all part of the game that is encouraged, often at the expense of others; it's a pretty **** simple concept to grasp.
Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm It is more about that people who dont like to do pve sc or rvr should have another option to get the gear they want without doing stuff in their free time they dont want to do. But you are forced to do it if you want to play on a certain level.

Well, it has been like this for a while, hasn't it? You are forced to do RVR for Tank/Healer gear even if you don't want to. Or scenarios for offspec. It's not like you could get ANY set for ANY spec via ANY means before the PVE content.