Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wonshot

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#41 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:55 pm

"- 3 dragons are now flying up on Cinderfall sky. It’s time to get your fancy cloak"

Are those cloaks sort of a rare drop? killed 5 dragons and saw no cloaks.
Also couldnt pick up the BS quests at entrance, but might have been because we were just in a 2man group exploring.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Grobbok

Post#42 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 pm

Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm Question: will there be any future incentives for scenario play? With a) no unified currency, b) PvE taking over SC with the offsets, c) forts/invader/city sieges for RvR (not to mention easy Subjugator that trumps SC equivalents/easy gold bags in general), d) further PvE instances no doubt being worked on (or soon), i can't help but feel that scenarios will lag behind considerably in terms of character progression.

I find myself logging on and seeing very little reason to do what I actually like ie scenarios, and so, I end up either doing stuff I don't really want to/don't like (which can be okay - provided it isn't what I'm doing all the time), or just logging off. Scenario weapons aren't bad, but really aren't necessary when there are other alternatives that you can get outside of SC; on the other hand, one can't acquire Invader-tier for SL/Choppa outside of Forts, or an epic PvE jewel with 4% crit outside of PvE, etc.

Truth be told? Future looks pretty grim for SC (especially when Bloodlord is now offering weapons like these and this), unless there's something on the back burner that we aren't aware of.

Take this as whine or whatever you want: I'm happy to try out Bastion Stair, agree with a lot of the changes you've made to Gunbad, but don't want to see SC end up utterly irrelevant (which it genuinely feels like they are going to end up as).

i feel exactly the same.

I don't understand why people get forced to do pve when they want a certain piece of equip or play their toon in a certain way. I would understand it if you get in pve equip that makes you really good for pve but when it starts to make you good in pvp or give you gear you need to play for example your wp or dok as meele heal i dont understand it.

Yes on live it was the same but at live they needed to sell abos.

And it is not like that it wouldnt be possible to make all gear avaible over the way you want to play pve rvr sc. You could even do it like that it takes just much more time to get for example rvr or pve gear over sc, pve or sc gear over rvr or sc and rvr gear over pve.
So it is clearly a design decision...

as peter wrote the future looks pretty grim for sc at the moment.
I have a solution, make one money -> war crest, no matter what you playing you can get everything you need, and all ppl will be happy
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#43 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:12 pm

wonshot wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:55 pm "- 3 dragons are now flying up on Cinderfall sky. It’s time to get your fancy cloak"

Are those cloaks sort of a rare drop? killed 5 dragons and saw no cloaks.
Also couldnt pick up the BS quests at entrance, but might have been because we were just in a 2man group exploring.
It’s a tok unlock , you need to kill 1000 dragons
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Hargrim
Developer

Post#44 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Neil wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:38 pm I‘ve done all the PvE content on life but nothing in RoR. Is there any guide what is needed to enter BS and wear the gear? Or just full gunbad gear?

You can enter Bastion Stair at any time and get gear from it, however to equip this gear you need first to complete full Redeye set from Gunbad and then full Sentinel set from City Dungeons (without the accessory you obtain from Influence Track).

You can run all the dungeons at the same time, but wards required to equip gear are provided by completing and equipping full previous set.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#45 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 pm I don't understand why people get forced to do pve when they want a certain piece of equip or play their toon in a certain way. I would understand it if you get in pve equip that makes you really good for pve but when it starts to make you good in pvp or give you gear you need to play for example your wp or dok as meele heal i dont understand it.
You are not forced to do anything.

peterthepan3

Post#46 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 pm
Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 pm I don't understand why people get forced to do pve when they want a certain piece of equip or play their toon in a certain way. I would understand it if you get in pve equip that makes you really good for pve but when it starts to make you good in pvp or give you gear you need to play for example your wp or dok as meele heal i dont understand it.
+5% damage weapons really suggest otherwise: while previous weapons/sets didn't necessarily force you, these weapons are just OTT compared to everything else; it's not even a case of min-maxing because they're simply too good not to have.

Doesn't really make a lot of sense, particularly when one considers that SC/Sent weapons were only added like 2/3 weeks ago.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#47 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:35 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm
+5% damage weapons really suggest otherwise: while previous weapons/sets didn't necessarily force you, these weapons are just OTT compared to everything else; it's not even a case of min-maxing because they're simply too good not to have.

Doesn't really make a lot of sense, particularly when one considers that SC/Sent weapons were only added like 2/3 weeks ago.
You also lose all proc , and you got +5% damage but it also debuff some other stats
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Hargrim
Developer

Post#48 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm +5% damage weapons really suggest otherwise: while previous weapons/sets didn't necessarily force you, these weapons are just OTT compared to everything else; it's not even a case of min-maxing because they're simply too good not to have.

You are not forced to anything, but let me know as soon as possible if your premade die from a group of players equipped with OP PvE gear you do not have.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#49 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm +5% damage weapons really suggest otherwise: while previous weapons/sets didn't necessarily force you, these weapons are just OTT compared to everything else; it's not even a case of min-maxing because they're simply too good not to have.

You are not forced to anything, but let me know as soon as possible if your premade die from a group of players equipped with OP PvE gear you do not have.

If you want to compete, you will 100% have to get these 5% damage weapons (I mean, you do realise how potent a +5% damage buff is, right?). +5% damage just curb stomps the competition entirely when it also comes with the same stats/higher Xpower: why would one bother with a 3000 emblem grind that requires RR61 when I can simply do PvE for a +5% damage variant of the same thing - all the while getting boxes of liniments, Redeye & Sentinel, Sentinel accessory, Bloodlord gear & various other goodies in the process?

Keep downplaying and dismissing genuine concerns and brushing them under the rug.

Tellark

Post#50 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:35 pm

I am talking about gameplay design here and in the current system i am forced to do pve if i want to play my class in a certain style or want to have strong equip.

Not sure what are you talking about?