Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage Question

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Reesh

Re: Rampage Question

Post#41 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 pm I need more info about how this is happening
I also don't know exactly the reason, but I can confirm it is happening sometimes:
Spoiler:

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#42 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:16 pm

one of the parry reasons might be torque deciding that his beloved BG should need +800% parry buff, because normal +100% grants morales etc were not enough.
So assuming you have normal tank morale like shieldwall giving +100% Block, a Slayer with high Str + +100% strikethrough from Rampage, well hits through. Until they meet a BG with +800% parry buff.
(dont remember exact value, just that when doing getstat on dev server, it was way higher than normal parry/block buffs)

nocturnalguest

Post#43 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Last time i checked shieldwall and oathstone were also +800% for some odd reason.

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:14 pm

I think that if everyone were to be truly honest with one another, we would all agree that a 5-pt, 'low hanging fruit' ability that can completely nullify opponent's parry/block (completely) - and that just so happens to have a very high uptime - is a tiiiny bit overkill.

mubbl

Post#45 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:14 pm I think that if everyone were to be truly honest with one another, we would all agree that a 5-pt, 'low hanging fruit' ability that can completely nullify opponent's parry/block (completely) - and that just so happens to have a very high uptime - is a tiiiny bit overkill.
so it is, would worth 13p spot or 15p with out rage drop, wouldnt change much on builds, would open another tactic slot, shouldnt effect playstyle. Would prevent st builds if placed in skavenslayer, would also fit nature of the skill more in my op, but i dont have salyer 40/40 for porposal....and need something to fill the 5p slot
off topic
Last edited by mubbl on Wed May 22, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#46 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:11 pm

meanwhile choppa get a 5 point PvE ability....just makes rampage all the more ridiculous and unnecessary

adamthelc

Post#47 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:27 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:14 pm I think that if everyone were to be truly honest with one another, we would all agree that a 5-pt, 'low hanging fruit' ability that can completely nullify opponent's parry/block (completely) - and that just so happens to have a very high uptime - is a tiiiny bit overkill.
I bet more people complain about pounce. All that means is what people find to be overpowered has a lot to do with the person and their perspective.

You also cant look at things in a vacuum. If you did core abilities like a tactic that ignores 50% armor and an ability that ignores weaponskill might be considered a bit to strong.

Rampage is without a doubt an AoE damage increase. It's not really a theoretical ST damage increase though, since in theory you could always attack a single person from behind. While in practice it probably will be a single target damage increase against other melee. It is also good for making sure your debuff will land. It also let's squishy Slayers not have to try and flank a front line exposing themselves even more.

I have no problem with Choppas getting a mirror though. Just as soon as they make sure get to da choppa is defendable.

To me though I just dont have a lot of sympathy for people that just spec into high passive avoidance, when compared to an ability that you have actually use well and be thoughtful of.

Then there is the last issue that the more Rampage negatively effects a class, the less damage a slayer will actually do to you. The exception being maybe a witch elf, who could have high parry and low armor.

Jinxypie

Post#48 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:36 pm

Mirroring everything is dull, but roflstomping tank with m2 block popped is just sick. Make it 50% so theres some rng element to it maybe?
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
adamthelc

Post#49 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:36 pm Mirroring everything is dull, but roflstomping tank with m2 block popped is just sick. Make it 50% so theres some rng element to it maybe?
They have already already kind of been mirrored, not here but live. Choppas used to have an armor debuff instead of an incoming heal debuff. Deep wounds was nerfed by giving it a CD and Choppas got the mirror of that. Choppas should get something to replace keep on chopping. Whether that is a rampage mirror or something else is debatable.

I am not going to argue against the 50% thing, that's fine. My argument would be that a slayer can "roflstomp" a s/b tank just because they have rampage, it doesnt do that. Tanks still have a lot of armor which has a big effect on slayer damage. A s/b tank is probably using shield wall as an oh **** button. It just so happens that doesnt work well against a slayer with rampage up. Just like an armor buff wouldnt be that effective against a witch hunter attacking you from behind. The slayer isnt going to do monstrous damage to the tank, but the tank was probably already low and ability that could save them from anything else wont save them from the slayer.

Onemantankwall

Post#50 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 pm

Ramapage is cancer and is on the ever growing list of reasons for tanks to not snb, once raze is removed completely im creating a 2h build myself. They want snb tanks to be pure meatshields with no dmg which is fine i suppose its a role, then you completely take away that role by giving a mdps running rampage cookiecutter the ability to completely ignore everything youre going snb for, whats the point of trying to be a tank anymore outside of HTL spamming in wbs which doesnt require a snb build to do. Pretty soon all tanks will be forced to spec Chinese derp mode.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!