Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman Hybrid

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BeautfulToad

Shaman Hybrid

Post#1 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:57 am

Someone posted up a thread complaining about AMs. 

What is the rationale behind allowing AMs viable DPS/Heal builds?

I actually find Shammies make very good DPS sometimes, often topping charts in damage. But I have only seen AMs do well in both damage AND healing.

What do shammies get that AMs dont to compensate? Is a healing/DPS hybrid shammie just not viable despite shammie mechanics pushing you toward it?

Ads
deCMR

Re: Shaman Hybrid

Post#2 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:35 pm

AMs beeing better at a hybrid build might mostly come from their dots beeing stronger. That way they can heal while their dots keep ticking.

Hybrid builds in general arent that strong tho, ist usualy better to spec into doing one good and not both mediocre. Also the class mechanic seams kinda weak to me

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 pm

I thought AM could switch his WP for INT and vice versa and shammie cant.

The class mechanic is strong on paper. Is it not 50% increase in damage after you cast 3 healing spells and 50% increase in heals after damage spells? Coupled with crits its like 100%+ on crit.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 pm I thought AM could switch his WP for INT and vice versa and shammie cant.

The class mechanic is strong on paper. Is it not 50% increase in damage after you cast 3 healing spells and 50% increase in heals after damage spells? Coupled with crits its like 100%+ on crit.
Stop trolling, when you are looking for help.
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#5 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm Stop trolling, when you are looking for help.
My apologies Sulorie. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I shall not troll especially when you are helping so constructively. I shall earn your respect. Mark my words.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:34 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:29 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm Stop trolling, when you are looking for help.
I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I shall not troll especially when you are helping so constructively. I shall earn your respect.
No.
Yes.
No chance.

When you see AM healing more, than they spent a lot time using aoe heals and therefore losing damage. This usually happens, when your team is short on heals and those AM selflessly try to heal their groupmates.

Both classes have similar healing output in dps spec.
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:34 pm
I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I shall not troll especially when you are helping so constructively. I shall earn your respect.
No.
Yes.
No chance.

When you see AM healing more, than they spent a lot time using aoe heals and therefore losing damage. This usually happens, when your team is short on heals and those AM selflessly try to heal their groupmates.

Hm, I think I understand it better than your ability to detect irony or sarcasm.

The class mechanic is basically entirely ignored by AM and Shaman healer and dps which are largely the same. The high damage/high heal AMs I see are actually just dps spamming group heal.

The hybrid AM does exist, through using dot attacks and presumably uses the mechanic, but is less common?

Jabba

Post#8 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm

The Hybrid healer doesn't really exist though since life taps were nerfed.

The dps healers you see doing a bit more healing are either those that spend more time throwing out hots here and there/group heals every now and then ( and as smorg said, losing damage) or people who actually change their defensive targets so that whatever lifetap healing they get isn't wasted on an already full health target (without losing damage).

For either of these to get noticeable numbers you're reliant on having actual healers in your team anyway as no healing a 'dps healer' can do will ever keep up a target that is even remotely focused.

TLDR: there is no viable hybrid healing/damage spec, you either lose damage to add a rather pathetic amount of healing, or you're a dps that adds a bit of healing on the side.
Last edited by Jabba on Wed May 22, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#9 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:46 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:34 pm

No.
Yes.
No chance.

Hm, I think I understand it better than your ability to detect irony or sarcasm.

The class mechanic is basically entirely ignored by AM and Shaman healer and dps which are largely the same. The high damage/high heal AMs I see are actually just dps spamming group heal.

The hybrid AM does exist, through using dot attacks and presumably uses the mechanic, but is less common?
I really haven't played much shaman on this server but i did play shaman on live so unsure if the class mechanic has changed here but from looking at the career builder i don't think much has changed in the way of the mechanic goes.

Most shamans or am's would not be depending on the class mechanic and just use it to help off set what they lack depending on the role they are filling. If you are filling the role of the healer in a group you are not wasting AP just to get a 5 stack to make a heal instant cast or more effective. You can however if you have spare AP and time throw out a bleed fer me with a 5 stack from healing your group members to help out with healing.

Or on the flip side if you are dpsing you use the mechanic to save your butt to pop off some instant healing for yourself. You can also pre prep your first dps skill by getting a 5 stack before engagement of the enemy.

If you are hybrid you might get a little more mileage out of the class mechanic but that might require high RR to get the stats you need to pull off both roles semi effectively. I could be wrong cause i haven't checked out the shaman sets though.
Trismack

Tesq

Post#10 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:43 pm

The meccanic worked till hasn't been overnerfed when casting lifetap, a reduction in contribution was needed but as always it has gone from 1 extreme point into another one (2k st lifetap into 500).... well at least there is still ap reduction..