Recent Topics

Ads

Enemy - Clickcasting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Daernas

Enemy - Clickcasting

Post#1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:51 am

Hello everyone!

Yersterday evening I was messing around with Enemy, trying to set up clickcasting just right. If I use my left mouse button to click cast my heals, it works fine (this works for every modifier button alt-shift-ctrl, so I practically have 3 possible binds). However, if I try to bind my spells to the right or middle mouse buttons, it won't work at all. Reloading UI or re-installing Enemy won't solve the problem.

I tried to search on the forums but i found little to no information, so I am posting here: is this a known issue? is there any workaround i can use to fix it?

Thanks!

Ads
Ayurox

Re: Enemy - Clickcasting

Post#2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:58 am

try to see if you can bind those desired key bindings to something else ingame, if they are not recognised I have my doubts that you can bind them then.

goodluck

Daernas

Post#3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks for the answer. Going quickly through keybinding options in the game, i found no way to bind left or middle mouse as I will. Here's my thought, though.

Look at this image:
https://imgur.com/a/67OiC

As you can see from the image above, I can practically select only those buttons that are from my mouse (it's called clickcasting, after all), so I believe those buttons can be effectively used, or could be effectively used back in the retail days. I was looking for a way to make them work here.

Let me know what you guys think.

Ravengaard

Post#4 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:30 am

I have the same issue, left works but not middle or right.

SmirkyGloater

Post#5 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Same issue

R3xz

Post#6 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm

Bump! I've had someone mentioning this in ingame chat and went and tested it out for myself. Click casting isn't working for right mouse or middle mouse button. Does anyone have a potential solution? I looked into the code myself a bit but didn't notice anything off, but someone who is more experienced might! Cheers

hellgoon

Post#7 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Same for me, i can find no info on this problem apart from this thread, Thought i was missing something. would love a fix.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:37 pm

R3xz wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm Bump! I've had someone mentioning this in ingame chat and went and tested it out for myself. Click casting isn't working for right mouse or middle mouse button. Does anyone have a potential solution? I looked into the code myself a bit but didn't notice anything off, but someone who is more experienced might! Cheers
An idea => usually by default at normal UI settings (keyboard/mouse buttons) right click is used as an "attack button". Check de default UI and remove any action linked to that mouse button, maybe if 2 different actions are linked to same button make dont work properly...

Ads
R3xz

Post#9 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:03 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:37 pm
R3xz wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm Bump! I've had someone mentioning this in ingame chat and went and tested it out for myself. Click casting isn't working for right mouse or middle mouse button. Does anyone have a potential solution? I looked into the code myself a bit but didn't notice anything off, but someone who is more experienced might! Cheers
An idea => usually by default at normal UI settings (keyboard/mouse buttons) right click is used as an "attack button". Check de default UI and remove any action linked to that mouse button, maybe if 2 different actions are linked to same button make dont work properly...
Thx for the idea, but someone has mentioned disabling all other addons and even clearing all their middle and right mouse click and that still doesn't work. It must be within the mod itself, at least that's what I think after messing with it for awhile.

Dhubhghall

Post#10 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm

any1 closer to the solution? would love it fixed, too.
thx in advance