The removal of Cleansing Wind

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: The removal of Cleansing Wind

Post#61 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:12 am

The argument that it's a group game should be made in the correct way. There is no problem with balancing solo play as long as it doesnt negatively impact group play. Group play should always have priority.

Having said that CW doesnt even seem like an attempt to balance solo play. It just seems like an I win button in a 1v1 vs a dot class. Unless you also want there to be an ability that reduces 100% of direct damage for 5-10 seconds or something. Which could never happen because of how it would effect group play.

Ads
Kragg

Post#62 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:04 am

Nekkma wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm And how about glasscannon rdps that want to solo and not be killed during kd from stealth by we/wh? Lets add a "stealth see through" ability for renown points for these poor classes...
Or the rifleman class having only physical damage on snipe and gunblast. I am in favour of corpereal damage ;) :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Sulorie

Post#63 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 am

Add a buff to change damage type, when you are at it. :^)
Dying is no option.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#64 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:57 pm

bctakhy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am
drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:32 pm I do not understand, the fascination, with staying alive after making a kill as a stealth class. If you are solo, you know you will die. Why gimp your damage output?
Also on my WH, and I assume WE, there is the rank 1 morale that heals you for 900. Add to that a double heal pot, and you are healing for more than two ten second dots.

U dont undertand cos WH have BAL that will kill any1 that manage to kill u after live the KD + parry or disrupt time... but WE dont have stuff like that, or the 900 moral heal WH also have.

U also dont have probelms trying kill a sorc cos they dont have a core self cleanse every 10 sec to clear u BAL or 1 sec cast fireballs undefetable. But not all play on the easymode realm, soo some ppl miss the toys to counter some of the enemie presents...
BAL is for the noob WH's. (just kidding folks, relax)
Honestly though, about half the WH's I have played with, and me as well, use Exit Wounds. Yes, it is not as high damage as BAL, but EW is better imnsho.

Again, CW is overrated, and not needed in a group. For those like me that prefer solo play, dying is what we do. Get used it. BUT ... there are ways to mitigate that last killer dot.
1- triple pot
2- Use armor pots and strength pots or melee/range damage pots and liniments to quicken your killing time.
3- USE APPROPRIATE MORALES!!! My God, I can not stress this enough. If you have a cleansing or health morale at level 1 or 2 slot it. If you ONLY have damage morales or like the WE a 900 damage dot morale, USE THAT! Just learn to use morale please!!!
4- Get used to dying

FUN ... Don't let them get you down. Same people think I am the worst WH. Whatever. Enjoy your game, learn from your mistakes, and keep on keeping on!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

WExWH

Post#65 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:36 pm

drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:57 pm like the WE a 900 damage dot morale, USE THAT! Just learn to use morale please!!!
pretty sure WE don't have a dot moral or you talk about a m4 ?

adamthelc

Post#66 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:04 pm

WExWH wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:36 pm
drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:57 pm like the WE a 900 damage dot morale, USE THAT! Just learn to use morale please!!!
Could be talking about the channel, I think it hits more than 3 times though.

WExWH

Post#67 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 pm

adamthelc wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:04 pm
WExWH wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:36 pm
Could be talking about the channel, I think it hits more than 3 times though.
this is even worse, the moral hit 300 4 times for a total of 1200 damage when the other did 1200 instantly, not to mention of the channel break if you or your target move :lol:

Sulorie

Post#68 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Are there really WE/WH who use something different than parry/dodge M1?
Dying is no option.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#69 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:24 pm Are there really WE/WH who use something different than parry/dodge M1?
Break out of the cookie cutter my friend. Both classes are a lot more fun when you break out. BE FREE my little birdies!!! FLY BE FEREE!!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Sulorie

Post#70 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:04 am

drmordread wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:59 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:24 pm Are there really WE/WH who use something different than parry/dodge M1?
Break out of the cookie cutter my friend. Both classes are a lot more fun when you break out. BE FREE my little birdies!!! FLY BE FEREE!!!!!
Ok.
Dying is no option.