Ads

Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Post#141 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:17 pm

BadDogEDN wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:03 pm
Alcan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:49 pm Any remember the guard change? omg the lvl 40 rage
Yeah and people complained sooo much about that but yet here we are people being mad about "AFKers" they should be happy to get their free kills. They really need to roll back this change like they did with the guard nerf, i'd rather have afkers to kill than let 2h tanks play with us lol.
Difference is that the 2h guard change was completely unwarranted, and founded upon false premises i.e that 2h tanks are overperforming, that SNB is underperforming and has no role (both of which are completely wrong), while no longer facilitating to zombie AFKing (not to say that everyone was doing this) is a positive change.

PS. Lest I be misinterpreted, I hope BOs maintain an integral part in the lakes.

Ads
foghladha

Post#142 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Not a fan of the BO tick change. The person who goes out of their way to hold the BO for their faction now gets no reward while all the fighting happens outside the BO. If you're going to do this please make the BO's lock for 5-minutes again upon capture. That way 1 guy doesn't have to stay behind and miss out on all the action without reward.
Foghladha
Founder & Activities Director
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community
Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter

shaggyboomboom

Post#143 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Bring back the old BO lock system and the old resource mechanic. It added a lock of dynamic movement to the rvr and also 6 mans could contribute a lot more to the campaign.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#144 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Gomdor wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 am No firewyrm??????????????
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Soon :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Vaul

Post#145 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:44 am

Erm..

Did contribution rewards (xp/rr/medals/cowpie) getting mailed if you have to log off and miss a zone lock get removed? if so, was that intentional??
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

anarchypark

Post#146 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 am

Vaul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:44 am Erm..

Did contribution rewards (xp/rr/medals/cowpie) getting mailed if you have to log off and miss a zone lock get removed? if so, was that intentional??

It's still there. probably server crash had reset zone and contribution.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Fienchen

Post#147 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:09 am

Spoiler:
This is a free to play game, and when i play it .. i want to be able to decide for myself how to play it.
But you make a dictatorship out of it. You defs want to force me to run around with pug WB to get renow and xp ..
You give a **** on it .. as I just want to play..but I just have no desire or time to zerge with 24 dudes, destros at here warcamp. you want to force me to do it.
Welcome to the dictatorship of warhammer. wtf. Who cares about a few afk boys who hold the **** flag to rank up the keep, when all dudes zerg for here renow?
Btw..most afk boys get insta farmed by destro..so whats the hack?
You do not know it yourself ... but the main thing is you can dictate how I / we have to play., feels great?..but you are not.

rename the game..in ... Age of Dictatorship!
Thanks 4 killing my playfun..
Not the best place for victimhood and “but muh feelings...”.
No one forces you to play this game. You are not just F2P player but also an Alpha tester. If you feel to be under dictatorship, you are free to quit.

iKorv1n

Post#148 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:29 am

Knowing that I get nothing out of T1 and am unlikely to find a role at all in T4 with my mostly low level characters has made my decision to not log on at all for me. I've only been checking the forums to see if there's been any changes or other people disproportionately mad about it. I'd never seen AFKers like there were in the video that was linked earlier, but I've seen plenty of T1 zone locks go to crap because despite population being balanced, more players than we had to take the last flag were interested in idling at a safe place for that trickle of XP when they probably should've been at least trying to learn how to play their damn class. Those were losing battles anyway, though. Nothing would have saved it, but there was a point to trying to hold on for just a little bit longer.

Now it feels like the only rewards we get are when we outnumber the enemy and try to farm at a warcamp. This doesn't really feel strategic at all. There's no point in holding the caps other than to get a meager payout after sitting around just praying that just enough dopes on the other side bumble into the lake to put up a fight. That is presuming you don't draw the short straw and have to be the one to, gasp, AFK on the flag so everyone else can go try to farm renown spawn camping or ganking.

I spent plenty of time sitting around flags during dead hours of the day. I was not AFK. I was pretty actively keeping a lookout. I wasn't pushing the couple of ne'er-do-wells that didn't give up hope back into their warcamp, I was holding points and keeping the premade of 4 twinked out, nearly immortal AMs from roaming and ganking people for stupid, easy kills and not really playing to keep the objectives.

The best thing I've heard others say is that why punish everyone for something that doesn't really hurt anyone.

Ads
Groomahr

Post#149 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:36 am

I have seen ppl posting wall of texts about the BO related change, which I admittedly did not care to read.
I do have one simple question though:
Since AFK flagged ppl got no xp/renown/inf from BO ticks before the patch, what is the intention behind this change exactly?
"No one gets to choose their doom, only how they face it!"

Groomz - Slayer || Hopebringer - WP || Brightblade - SM || Burniece - BW || Zaklith - RP || Kwyll - Chosen

BadDogEDN

Post#150 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:16 pm

So I played last night, had a small group, capping bo's and defending. We kept going back and fourth between two bos since it would get capped wile we were gone. Finally meet up with the dude wile he was capping the bo, and got 2 renown, awesome change to bos... so instead of getting at least 20, we got 2 for actually defending a bo nice.
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig