Recent Topics

Ads

SH Question

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Manatikik

Re: SH Question

Post#11 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Brutinho wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:26 pm
Manatikik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:14 pm
Swiftly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:44 pm Thanks for the reply's. After reading a bit more. (Probably should have done that before posting! My apologies) I can see that it is probably not going to work for what I actually want to do in the game.

To bad the SH doesn't have just a bit more dps or burst potential to make it a dps class rather than a buffer.

I know that SW is not really its mirror but from my reading SW seems to have some burst both in Ranged and Melee...
SW and SH ranged burst are just about the same at this point. Main difference is SH has better kiting tools and SW brings better utility. In melee SW brings a little better damage and SH a little better utility.
That part is debatable

mSH has KD, Disarm, Increase CD debuff
mSW has KD, Disarm, Interrupt, chance to be crit increase debuff, initiative debuff and you are able to use your heal debuff

Wait ... what?
Melee SH can be viable in WB for its utility that’s more what I’m talking about than a 1v1 or 6 man. And again you’re misrepresenting everything a ASW can do if they had unlimited mastery points and tactic slots.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Brutinho

Post#12 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Manatikik wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:38 pm
Manatikik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:14 pm SW and SH ranged burst are just about the same at this point. Main difference is SH has better kiting tools and SW brings better utility. In melee SW brings a little better damage and SH a little better utility.
That part is debatable

mSW has KD, Disarm, Interrupt, chance to be crit increase debuff, initiative debuff and you are able to use your heal debuff

Wait ... what?
Melee SH can be viable in WB for its utility that’s more what I’m talking about than a 1v1 or 6 man. And again you’re misrepresenting everything a ASW can do if they had unlimited mastery points and tactic slots.
I agree that SH have a spot in WB, but i wouldn't bring more than 1 tough. It's AOE damage doesn't compare to a Choppa or Mara.

I don't think I am misrepresenting ASW. You can get all those things on a rr50 and using 3 tactics.

Unless I am really missing something here, this (partial) build covers everything I mentioned https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3982,3948 and you still have an extra tactic a few mastery points to spare
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Manatikik

Post#13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Brutinho wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:52 pm
Manatikik wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:38 pm

That part is debatable

Wait ... what?
I agree that SH have a spot in WB, but i wouldn't bring more than 1 tough. It's AOE damage doesn't compare to a Choppa or Mara.

I don't think I am misrepresenting ASW. You can get all those things on a rr50 and using 3 tactics.

Unless I am really missing something here, this (partial) build covers everything I mentioned https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3982,3948 and you still have an extra tactic a few mastery points to spare
Yea one in a WB, but you don’t really want to bring more than one non-bomb spec dps to a WB anyways. They really need to make the DoT and Interrupt available in Squig Armor, there is really no reason for any melee skills to not be available to your melee mode imo.

ASW requires RR 70 to really work effectively, if you wanna discuss it more I’d be happy to in a SW post or PM’s but I think I’ve derailed the thread about SH to SW enough. Sorry bout that!
<Montague><Capulet>

Boomstick0

Post#14 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 pm

I played a SH a bit back on retail, it was always fun but never anything that special. I did better on earlier tiers because I had a higher chance of facing noobs.

Fey

Post#15 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:12 am

I think melee skills should be usable in SA as well. I want to kill someone with cut ya. It'd be like getting a kill with a battlebrew backpack or incendiary potion. God that skill is hopeless unless something changed.

Don't Hit Me, on the other hand is really good, and would be a great utility tool to have in SA. Otherwise it's just suicidal.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

BeautfulToad

Post#16 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:54 am

If you get a well balanced front line, you can clock up kills in scenarios with some Big Shootin' abilities (although heal debuff is important). I see your kill count being more important for a SH, and not total damage. If the destruction frontline is holding, ranged SH can get silly amounts of kills in both rvr and scenarios, that's probably true of most ranged though.

chazwozza

Post#17 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:09 am

Chops area better than a SH made me lol