Recent Topics

Ads

Need advice on Skirm/Scout SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Need advice on Skirm/Scout SW

Post#1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Hello. I just came back to the game after 15 months and noticed a bazillion changes to pretty much all classes. While some are more intuitive than others, i am having trouble finding out an optimal ranged spec for the SW.

Heal debuff is obvious; so is Powerful Draw. But having the ranged KD at 13 points limits the number of specs i can choose from... I still grabbed it last night and, at rr 50, ended up with this spec:

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3951,3989

Any help with a better spec (not melee), rotation, etc. would be appreciated cause last night i felt like a heal-debuff, ranged-KD bot for our WL. Which is fine btw (i had a blast playing this class). Just wanna know if i can improve my damage.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Need advice on Skirm/Scout SW

Post#2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:40 pm

If no melee is allowed theres pretty much nothing you could change. You are locked in your choices due to the unnecessary change to eye shot.

Penril

Post#3 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:49 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:40 pm If no melee is allowed theres pretty much nothing you could change. You are locked in your choices due to the unnecessary change to eye shot.
Assuming i don't grab Eye Shot (i know, i know... let's pretend they removed it from the game ok?) what spec would you run then?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:52 pm

Id actually have to login my sw now to give you an answer ^^

Darks63

Post#5 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 pm

You could always drop ES in order to have points go up scout to get FtW.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Penril

Post#6 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Darks63 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 pm You could always drop ES in order to have points go up scout to get FtW.
Well yeah that was basically my question: what if i don't grab ES?

FtW sounds good in theory but i assume it is only good when target is at 30% health, right? I think i'd rather have a faster Eagle Eye and Glass Arrow, so basically something like this.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 89,3971&t=

What would you guys consider to be the better spec (assuming no ES)?

adamthelc

Post#7 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:51 am

I dont play SW so take this for what it's worth, which is not much.

I dont know how much value you are getting out of festering arrow. I might just grab barrage instead or just put a point in one of the trees. I dont really know how much it hits for without the bypass tactic, but it seems out of place. Could be way off.

Darks63

Post#8 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:23 am

Penril wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:14 pm
Darks63 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 pm You could always drop ES in order to have points go up scout to get FtW.
Well yeah that was basically my question: what if i don't grab ES?

FtW sounds good in theory but i assume it is only good when target is at 30% health, right? I think i'd rather have a faster Eagle Eye and Glass Arrow, so basically something like this.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 89,3971&t=

What would you guys consider to be the better spec (assuming no ES)?
Sadly w/o FtW you have no reliable finisher. FS with its positional requirement isnt reliable.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 am

The dirty think here is that you cannot get both FtW + Eye Shot without sacrificing all other mandatory skills/tactics (No Quarter/Enchanted Arrows/Powerful Draw, Shadow Sting/Festering Arrow) that make you scout and/or skirmish build viable.

Right now it's either scout without rkd or skirmish without FtW. But skirmish mobility weight heavily in the balance, rendering scout builds almost useless in most of situations (at best a sitting duck with average ST burst, at worst a useless marksman over 72ft range).

Best (?) scout/skirmish build you can get may be around this, by dropping Eye Shot :
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3961,3973

And you still have to choose between better mobility (No Quarter) or better ST damage on festering (Enchanted Arrows), basically moving all your eggs on same basket (dodged FA = you're screwed, so you have to first debuff target with a DoT).

If you still miss Eye Shot, you'll have to drop FtW, and possibly No Quarter, to make more a Skirm/Scout build, but you're more a mass debuffer (Split arrows + Pierce defenses, better to use Beastlord or Conqueror proc to mass debuff Initiative with split arrows/lileath), and slight finisher (glass arrow+Flanking shot), but you almost never use Festering (same damage as Flanking Shot wich is instacast) since you dont got masteries to buff it in this build (currently the one I'm using) :
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3961,3985