Recent Topics

Ads

[squig] melee spec and tactics?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sonataa

[squig] melee spec and tactics?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:18 pm

is it worth getting the no pets tactics? not sure if losing the git em ability tactic is worth

Ads
Athergic

Re: [squig] melee spec and tactics?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:53 am

I quit playing this game a while ago, but still interested in coming back if certain changes are made, so forgive me if I am mistaken. I loved melee squig herder pre update.

Try slotting the all by my self tactic, I think it is territorial aggression now, and you should be able to use git em anyways. The only downside to this is, that you won't have the opportunity to strike twice with git em, because it requires the pet to be close to you. It will however gain 25% bonus damage, so it will hit pretty similar to the defense buff ability.
You should be able to use the git em tactic anyways, which increases it's damage, but with out the pet your still missing out.

If both attacks crit, I could do 2400 damage on a squishy target, but with out the pet you might crit for only 1400-1600 with the territorial aggression.

You can also use don't hit me in squig armor which is a melee interrupt
Feel free to PM if you have any questions, I played a lot of melee squig herder for years.
Try it out on some mobs in IC and let me know :)
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

spiritbull

Post#3 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:42 am

Territorial agression gives you +25% damage, x2 armor and reduces squig leap CD to 0. This is the best utility per slot from all of your tactics.

From my perspective, the only scenario when you may want to use pet is solo play:
WB play: the pet melts is a couple of second im meele range.
Small Scale play: the pet is bugged and stupid. I'd rather be able to switch between targets whenever I want (with squig leap) than have pet bugged somewhere in behind and producing no value.

Git Em! - requires pet and doesn't produce any damage close to the numbers above
Don't hit me - cannot be used in squig armor (until ninja changed a few days ago)

Athergic

Post#4 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 am

In my experience, which is vast and great, I know I could reach those numbers, I'm talking about with a pet, 2 separate critical attacks, including the damage from the pets git em reaching a total of 2400 damage, on a squishy target.

And although the ability don't hit me was greyed out in squig armor, I was using don't hit me in squig armor for years, and even though git em was greyed out when I didn't have a pet, I still used it for years.
Doom Diver front man

spiritbull

Post#5 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 am

Yep, my bad(
Just tested: Don't hit me! grayed out, shows message "not usable in squig armor", but actually works.
Git em! works as well, though without pet it produces less damage than Don't hit me! or Ard Noggin, so no point to use it without pet.

Also, smth new: All by meself seems stackable with Territorial agression tactic, so even less point to use pet in small scale\wb

xarax

Post#6 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 pm

i tested both in gunbad.
Without Pet and both dmg tactics. AE is fine but single target is bad.
With Pet i found that AE is ok und single target way better.

Next time i try TA only.

Something like "Cut ya" would be nice in Squig Armor to get some more skills to use especially when not using a pet. Then you would have at least 1 dot.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Athergic

Post#7 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:26 pm

xarax wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 pm i tested both in gunbad.
Without Pet and both dmg tactics. AE is fine but single target is bad.
With Pet i found that AE is ok und single target way better.

Next time i try TA only.

Something like "Cut ya" would be nice in Squig Armor to get some more skills to use especially when not using a pet. Then you would have at least 1 dot.
Big claw, is a slow with a 9 second dot on a 5 second cool down.
Doom Diver front man

Athergic

Post#8 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:35 pm

spiritbull wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 am Yep, my bad(
Just tested: Don't hit me! grayed out, shows message "not usable in squig armor", but actually works.
Git em! works as well, though without pet it produces less damage than Don't hit me! or Ard Noggin, so no point to use it without pet.

Also, smth new: All by meself seems stackable with Territorial agression tactic, so even less point to use pet in small scale\wb
It's all good, I see a lot of misinformation on the melee squig, because not a lot of people have experience playing it. I appreciate you testing it though, now with all the new changes I don't know what is what hehe. I'm pretty sure, all by myself isn't intended to stack with TA. A good amount of squig herder bugs have been fixed, just from mentioning them on the forums, not actual bug reports.

For instance the duration of the pet disarm buff that was on the pet, used to be 20 seconds, until I brought it up. As well as the all by myself tactic, granting you 0 cd pounce even if you had a pet out, which wasn't intentional, hence territorial aggression implementation.
Doom Diver front man

Ads
xarax

Post#9 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 pm

Athergic wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:26 pm Big claw, is a slow with a 9 second dot on a 5 second cool down.
But the dot isn’t ticking on immune targets like bosses as far as I remember
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Brutinho

Post#10 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:25 pm

xarax wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 pm
Athergic wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:26 pm Big claw, is a slow with a 9 second dot on a 5 second cool down.
But the dot isn’t ticking on immune targets like bosses as far as I remember
Correct, it does the first tick then if turns off damage
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X