Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#461 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:20 pm

Nidwin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:13 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:32 pm I don't understand the point you're trying to make, that 2 x 2h SMs can guard eachother and kill unorganised players?
Clearly,
I'm done here.

EP -> jobe done
Nerf Magus more :lol:
So your point was that 2 crossguarding 2h tanks can run amok against unorganised opposition, who haven't the foggiest idea of how to assist one another or deal with said crossguarding 2h tanks (despite such counters existing/damage being negligible with detaunt).

Gotcha.

Ads
Tobias26

Post#462 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:29 pm

Nekkma wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:13 pm
Telen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:14 pm One of the better changes on ror is 2h being able to avoid guard damage. There always needed to be some drawback over snb. So what do ppl prefer? Lower guard or can’t risk guard.
The perceived problem seems to me to be the damage 2h tanks can put out. If this is indeed deemed as a problem then I would rather prefer to adjust the damage output as the 2handed tank should first and foremost be a tank. In such a process one needs to address utility as well since some classes clearly have less of it.

Personally, I think this mainly is an order pug scenario problem as the destro paintrain consisting of BOs and BGs is difficult to deal with if you lack healers and/or tanks. However, the game should not be balanced around that.
The main problem is that the 2h tank does small damage. Nerf series lead to the uselessness of this specialization. Developers need to either do a 2h tank "pure dps" or "pure tank", and not something the average: survival rate is much lower than the tanks, the damage is much lower than dps classes, with a complete lack of mobility. It can be usefull in pug scenes, but completely useless with organized group/wb. Since the SnB tank is already able to be "pure tank", I think the 2h tank should be processed into "pure dps" with its own characteristics: high survival (the higher - then lower your damage as any dps class) and reduced mobility. From such a tank is easy to escape, but if he managed to pull you into close combat - your chances are dramatically reduced. When you meet with heavily armored enemy with a huge sword/axe in his hands - you should not ignore him or you will die. I think it should be that way. Sooner or later to this concept come in all MMO, and I think, RoR - not an exception.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Neil

Post#463 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm

- Revert Guard Change
- Change Focused Offense to 30% more damage but unable to guard

So 2h tanks can still go defensive or come closer to a DD with FO
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Tobias26

Post#464 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Neil wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm - Revert Guard Change

Such proposals (I think they are reasonable and adequate) sound not the first year, only the developers never listen to them.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

anarchypark

Post#465 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 pm

wow you guys still talking?
less talk, more play! go test.

it seems 2handers gave up already, a lot of SnB tanks roaming.

guardees die off faster.
guard dmg is much less. predicted.
but can't reduce survival stats as tank.
dilemma.

still on the process though.
may invest more in offensive stats or change to full utility build.

about the survey...
50% guard tactic seems solution but i can't choose which to drop.
rather burn it than others take it :D

give us more time to test.
haven't tested in PvE.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

oaliaen

Post#466 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:14 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 pm wow you guys still talking?

guardees die off faster.
dilemma.

about the survey...

haven't tested in PvE.
You talk like Mordin Solus. =D

OldSparky

Post#467 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:17 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:14 pm

guardees die off faster.
dilemma.

about the survey...

haven't tested in PvE.
You talk like Mordin Solus. =D
Except Mordin Solus made sense...

Tobias26

Post#468 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:24 pm

guardees die off faster.
dilemma.

about the survey...

haven't tested in PvE.
2h with nerfed guards would be option if he will be deal adequate damage. Now the developers have left us no choice - you can only play effectively in SnB. I don't want and will not play in SnB anywhere except my guild wb and I see no reason to go to the game and test something. I'm not going to play SnB and guard useless "dpsers" in pug scenes that even don't do half of what they're supposed to do. But with 2h i cant do nice damage and healers in pug scenes can ignore me, because i play with 2h and I'm "useless for the group".
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
Drysill

Post#469 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:56 pm
Drysill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 pm Firstly, I play all types DPS, Healer and Tank.
Secondly, what happen to 1st deal? It backfired on you so now you ask for something else???
Thirdly, exactly what you say.. Double the toughness, double the resistance (keep other’s influence out) but NOT half the strength, NOT half the crit%...

You want Double the defenses and Equal the offenses… let me think about it…………NO

All I say is there is a need to be a real tradeoff between offence and defense, to be fair for all.. the more you get in one, the more you lose in the other… simple.
You offer to take away from tanks, offering nothing in return. I'm just trying to explain that tanks mostly are unfairly nerfed classes, and with recent changes to the protection of the 6 trees of the skills become useless. Before there was at least some sort of compromise (which I have always disagreed and thought that was not enough) - 2h tanks have low or extremely low dps, low mobility and lack of many things inherent in the dps classes, but instead having the guard and opportunities to reduce damage from the enemies (what I consider to be insufficient compensation for the low dps and lack of so many needed for the melee class of things). Now in addition 2h tanks cant guard. In the end, 2h tank still cant do damage, cant guard and in fact has become useless to the group. 2x tanks needs up, but they was nerfed even more without some reason.
You need to forget the previous state and start thinking about balance. 2h tanks had the advantage for too long already. Its time to be balanced.

You think you have low dps, but you make a big mistake. Compared to whom.. other dps classes? Then yes. Compared to S&B tanks however, your dps is quite high and you need to lose something for compensation.

Its like dps AM is asking for the same dps of a BW and keep the healing of a healer AM.. It just cant happen…Forget it

Neil wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm - Revert Guard Change

Just another one that use 2h on a tank just for utility…

TenTonHammer

Post#470 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm

Drysill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm Compared to S&B tanks however, your dps is quite high and you need to lose something for compensation.

Block, Hold the line, Shield based abilites like Ya missed me or tactics like mixed defenses and destined for victory..... :roll: