Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tarantoga

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#411 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:08 pm

well.... the only question should be: who benefits from the guard changes?

imo no one. good premades will continue to farm bad and/or unorganised players and tanks with snb will still be the only viable option for rvr.

some guys who constantly think the chars they play are to weak in comparison to others (some snb ib as example) should not be the reason of "balance" adjustments like that.

Ads
mubbl

Post#412 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm

little question, why do you have to change guard, if snb tanks got constantly nerfed espacilly in in offense? couldnt you jsut revert/change some of that instead of basicly making bg the 2019 sh? or are their changes in the pipe for that class? it is already suffering so much from meta in rvr, constantly get nerfed on the tanky side AND suffers/suffered in gear to choose (1 set with parry with t4+).

CountTalabecland

Post#413 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Yali’s comparison of 2h tanks to dps healers is off for a couple of reasons.
1: Going 2h already gimped a tank’s mechanic by removing block chance for more dps.
2: DPS healers can switch back and forth quickly between dmg and healing by stat conversions or changing gear, and it doesn’t lock any of their core abilities to do so. Tanks already get locked out of some core abilities by going 2h. DPS healers can still be part of a valid 6 man. I know its early in testing but the DPS gained from going 2h just isn’t equivalent to the drop in guard value as others have stated.
3:One takes a dps healer knowing that they are still flexible. Tanks however, need to respec rr to get enough block chance to be able to take guard dmg. Which pretty much means you are stuck that way till you can find a trainer whereas healers just need to convert their stats or gear, it is just not an equivalent comparison because block needs to specifically specced for to be good.

In sum, one of these things is not like the other.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Kurama

Post#414 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:06 pm

SnB is boring? I have tons of fun playing a front line snb tank during guild events, as much fun as when i play 2h tank on 6 man premade.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#415 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm

So let me get this right, 2h tanks want all the benefits of S&B with the guard, which means, your are spending your rr points in to other things, as you dont need block, you do way more damage then S&B tanks, with almost as much survivability.

I feel that 2h tanks should not be able to guard, in fact you should only be able to guard someone if you are using a shield, It was like that on live for some time.

And before anyone asks, i am a high rr BG

This was not a nerf to any tanks, this was about bring baalnce, Knights and Chosens are very powerful as 2h's as are some of the other 2h tank builds. Most 2h tanks i see never guard anyone any way.

Tarantoga

Post#416 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 pm

@devs

pls check the questions you asked in the survey i received soem mins ago.... the second last question was very missleading

Luth

Post#417 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Tarantoga

Post#418 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:38 pm

maybe not the best way to get a reasonable answer but thx for this....

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#419 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:43 pm

bulgy70 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm So let me get this right, 2h tanks want all the benefits of S&B with the guard, which means, your are spending your rr points in to other things, as you dont need block, you do way more damage then S&B tanks, with almost as much survivability.

I feel that 2h tanks should not be able to guard, in fact you should only be able to guard someone if you are using a shield, It was like that on live for some time.

This was not a nerf to any tanks, this was about bring baalnce, Knights and Chosens are very powerful as 2h's as are some of the other 2h tank builds. Most 2h tanks i see never guard anyone any way.
You lose out on Hold the Line, which is mandatory in RvR large-scale encounters.
You lose out on block, so you are nowhere near as good at absorbing damage intended for your guarded target.

The fact that you go onto say '2h tanks dont guard anyone anyway' shows that your experience of said spec probably stems from unorganised environments, i.e. the least impacted given that people prefer to be suicidal solo rambos, instead of helping their team.

Also: being a high RR of a class doesn't really mean much when you don't partake in the environment that 2hs are seemingly abundant in.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mubbl

Post#420 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 pm

Spoiler:
bulgy70 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm So let me get this right, 2h tanks want all the benefits of S&B with the guard, which means, your are spending your rr points in to other things, as you dont need block, you do way more damage then S&B tanks, with almost as much survivability.

block>>>>>>>parry
also htl gives you just 45%dogde disrupt(tooltip)
who can minmax better, could have points left? mostlikley the snb tank (=
Last edited by mubbl on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.