Recent Topics

Ads

Fix The Order Zerg

Let's talk about... everything else
Valarion

Re: Fix The Order Zerg

Post#61 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 pm

sjemen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:47 pm I guess the AAO is ok if you actually have friends/guildies to do 6 man groups and actually benefit from it by ganking zerg straglers. Imagine being underleveled and outnumbered in every zone. How are you supposed to get anything from AAO if you actually can't kill anything and you just get steamrolled by 3 WBs for an hour or two. And then you get a measly 7k XP some poor RR and a special loot bag on top when the zone locks while order gets nice RR from the lord/cap and a free loot bag.

You absolutely need to join an organized wb or small group or you are going to hate this game.

Particularly, join the leaders who run them consistently and do very well even when facing greater numbers (like PnP, Ocaru and a few others). You can also take a break and move to dungeons, scs and T1 too.

Allie wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:00 am Why dont they lock your account for 12-24hrs to Order or Des you decide at login what side you want & thats you for 12=24hrs to stop rampant X realming?

Note to our overlords: Do not lock out accounts, unless you permit a move to the side outnumbered. I actually jump to the underdogs to heal them for the extra freenown. That and I like hardmode.
Last edited by Valarion on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Sulorie

Post#62 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Diggot wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:42 pm Someone said yesterday when we were talking about how to obtain Conqueror-set that
when the set was initially released and destro zerged order to get their full Conq-sets,
the developers took away the conq-sets gained through zerging order ...

I don't know how much truth there is to that.. but i guess if they removed the conq-gear
from destro for zerging... time to punish order for zerging destro for an entire week.

That is.. if the Conqueror thing is true.
Both sides have the same chance to get gear in rvr, no matter who zergs, so what is your argument here?
Dying is no option.

Diggot
Suspended

Post#63 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm Both sides have the same chance to get gear in rvr, no matter who zergs, so what is your argument here?
The hundreds of thousands of renown that order farmed during the 2x week by literally taking every keep
and locking every zone multiple times . During this entire week there very very few successfull destro locks.

Everytime destro would attack a keep, we'd have 200ish people and order around 150, then suddenly
the ram would bug, destro's pop dropped to 130 and suddenly order is 200+ ... repeat.

Maybe you are not aware of how fast you can rankup to 40/40+ and gear up full Conq with
a 2x week and a constantly rolling zerg ?.
Every day i logged in and checked the map, it was always the same.. 2/3 pairings locked by order.
That is alot of renown and XP... and gear-upgrades.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#64 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Diggot wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:00 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm Both sides have the same chance to get gear in rvr, no matter who zergs, so what is your argument here?
The hundreds of thousands of renown that order farmed during the 2x week by literally taking every keep
and locking every zone multiple times . During this entire week there very very few successfull destro locks.

Everytime destro would attack a keep, we'd have 200ish people and order around 150, then suddenly
the ram would bug, destro's pop dropped to 130 and suddenly order is 200+ ... repeat.

Maybe you are not aware of how fast you can rankup to 40/40+ and gear up full Conq with
Every day i logged in and checked the map, it was always the same.. 2/3 pairings locked by order.
Order had the same ram bug. And you get more rewards by defending against zerg with AAO.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Nekkma

Post#65 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Nishka wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:10 pm And you get more rewards by defending against zerg with AAO.
This is true for a minority of players. The avarage player probably gets more renown by zerging around than fighting with AAO.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Dammy095

Post#66 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 pm

lord alone gives you 20k without any effort

Nishka
Suspended

Post#67 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Nekkma wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:28 pm
Nishka wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:10 pm And you get more rewards by defending against zerg with AAO.
This is true for a minority of players. The avarage player probably gets more renown by zerging around than fighting with AAO.
You don't need to be in a premade to farm zergs attacking the keep. And if you lose, you still get a renown tick. And a bag, with higher roll because of being outnumbered.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Stortz

Post#68 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:34 pm

did you play on live OP?
because what happens here is an exact replica of what happened on live, there are cycles of superiority in numbers.
Back in the day, on Iron Rock 2009-2010, destro would get steam rolled all the time in ORVR, until forts were removed, then somehow, population flipped, destro started pushing Altdorf almost daily. order had to get a big guild from another server to transfer ( neighborhood watch if I recall correctly) in order to gain some footing back. Took a couple of weeks for things to flip again, this time with Order pushing IC daily, putting us to 1 star constantly.

My point is:
the zerg will change sides eventually. It always does.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Diggot wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:00 pm

It doesn't matter who locks the zone, you always have a chance to win a bag. The outnumbered side has it even easier, because they have no malus on bag rolls.
The much bigger side (100+ aao) gets no rewards for killing you, only reward ticks at BO/keep take.
The zerging side gets about 20 rp per kill, because too many players attack too few targets.

Ofc you have to be active to earn more than the bigger side. Sitting on a flag as underdog isn't rewarding you very well.
When you are bad at the game or just want to get the most with the least effort, the bigger side is best for you. You will still get less in comparison to active and experienced players on the underpopulated side.
Dying is no option.

CountTalabecland

Post#70 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Dying doesn't add to your contribution and the outnumbered sides does a lot of dying. Simply playing the winning side is a lot easier and less frustrating than trying to make an efficient small group, which also takes a lot of time and still gets speed bumped by the blob when they get caught. My point is that playing the winning side and getting a crappy roll in the 30-45 minutes it takes to PvDoor a zone is still the "easier" way to play than taking 30 min in forming a 6 man with comms and 2:2:2 to go hunt down stragglers for a couple of kills per hour. Path of least resistance and all that.

People do what feels good and is enjoyable, and zerg surfing is apparently more enjoyable, hence why no one seems all too bothered about playing the numerically superior side. Only way to stop the zerg is to make the experience of being massively outnumbered not feel like complete crap and an a** kicking for most ppl who do not want to 6 man aao gank. No idea how that could be done so things are probably fine the way they are and just accept the population of a 2 realm game won't always be 50/50.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.