Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK]something useful to spec second tree

For proposals that have been rejected.
xarax

[DoK]something useful to spec second tree

Post#1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:49 am

As Heal DoK you can spec full Path of Dark Rites and have points over.
You just put points into Torture and Sacrifice to enhance covernant damage. But there is nothing in, that supports a backline healer.

Heal WPs for example could spec into Grace to get Wounds Buff.

Gift of Khaine is barely used by any spec. Maybe using this to give a Heal a way to skill into a second tree.
Wound buffs would be fine, but even any other buff/debuff/stagger is fine.
(it might not fit into the tactic skill tactic points in most trees but could be a starting point for discussion)
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [DoK]something useful to spec second tree

Post#2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 am

Not really following the structure, nor are you giving a clear & concise solution to (what you perceive to be) the problem. While DOK lack the wounds buff that Grace has, you can still offspec into Sacrifice to pick up DE if you want to help somewhat with assist from afar (it won't hit as hard as a DPS DOK variant, but its assist nonetheless), and as you already mentioned, you still have Torture for the Covenant utility.

I don't really see an issue with not having a great amount of choice for offspeccing (i.e. putting the rest of your points) when the other trees perform different roles (heal v melee dps vs melee heal). Torture and Sacrifice not having anything to 'support a backline healer' is entirely fine: that is what Dark Rites abilities/tactics are for.

Note: I am not disagreeing that Grace wounds buff does somewhat facilitate to a backline healer, but this does not mandate such an approach to the DOK when the DOK has access to more offensive utility. Also, if it is deemed an issue, i.e that WP has access to Wounds buff in all specs - and it may very well be - then this should be tackled as a separate issue instead of simply mirroring it over (I, for one, am not a big fan of Wrath Priests having access to the wounds buff).