Recent Topics

Ads

[shaman]tactics and renown?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gloryhammer

[shaman]tactics and renown?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm

which ones should i choose for healing shaman?

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Re: [shaman]tactics and renown?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:12 pm

I generally go ESM and Restro Burst for ap then Run Away and Whazzat Behind You?! for kiting or Aint Done Yet and Scrub ya Gud for spammy healing, based on situation. Have different tactic sets to swap to is useful. Dodge/Disrupt Heal Crit. You might wanna go Dat Makes Me Dizzy if no one else has it instead of ADY.

Miszczu5647

Post#3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:39 pm

gloryhammer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm which ones should i choose for healing shaman?
Always Extra Special Mashroom.

Rest depending on situation and composition:
Ain't Done Yet - you have long time cast so this can be live saver;
Green'Cleanin - extra hot and you depned on hot's;
Restorative Burst - great one but you can drop it if chosen and zelote in party;
RUN AWAY - if you play in kitting group;
Whatz Behind You - superior for RUN AWAY if you play high toughness build (above 600 with DSU buff);
Scrub Ya Gud - if no healing DoK in party;

On PvE:
Subtely - helps a lot to manage your aggro on bosses;
Discipline - more heal output;
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

gloryhammer

Post#4 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 pm

ty guys! what talismans should i aim? armor?

Miszczu5647

Post#5 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:08 pm

gloryhammer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 pm ty guys! what talismans should i aim? armor?
Armor+wounds or Toughness+wounds.

Experiment until you will find spot comfortable for you (balance between surrvavibility and healing output).
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:19 am

Miszczu5647 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:39 pm Always Extra Special Mashroom.

Rest depending on situation and composition:
Ain't Done Yet - you have long time cast so this can be live saver;
Green'Cleanin - extra hot and you depned on hot's;
Restorative Burst - great one but you can drop it if chosen and zelote in party;
RUN AWAY - if you play in kitting group;
Whatz Behind You - superior for RUN AWAY if you play high toughness build (above 600 with DSU buff);
Scrub Ya Gud - if no healing DoK in party;

Questions:
-Scrub Ya Gud+Green'Cleanin => Works together?? i mean, if get a group cleanse with Scrub Ya Gud all the grp members will get a hot for the Green'Cleanin tactic??
-Extra Special Mushroom => all the heals can crit?? even ticks from hots?? even the hots from Green'Cleanin?? all the heal habilities??
-Pass it On => all the heal habilities can trigger this tactic?? each tick from hots?? or only the direct heals?? it could be worth for WB/AOE healing??

Morale:
-Breath of Mork => looks a nice AOE heal for keep defense/attack or situations were allies are packed...worth?? this AOE heal could trigger the tactic Pass it On??

Thanks in advance.

Collateral

Post#7 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:48 am

As far as I remember green cleanin and syg don't work as aoe hot. But I'm not 100% sure. All hots can crit. Pass it on is a waste of a tactic. If you want aoe heals for wb, you're better of with fury of da green. Also, focused mind is far superior than breath of mork, so don't even bother with that m2. BoM doesn't trigger pass it on, since the tactic works only on abilities from the tree, like it says (that's what I would assume at least, didn't bother checking it).

casmCharlie

Post#8 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Nope, SYG and green cleaning don't synergize. It's a shame, but probably wouldn't be worth half your tactic slots even if they did.

My two cents:
Roam/sc:
Discipline, ESM, SYG, auto-detaunt or run away

6v6/defensive:
Ain't done yet, discipline, run away, auto-detaunt

ESM is not necessarily a must slot, discipline nets a bigger increase in healing (tested) and ESM only makes sense over discipline if you're also slotting resto burst, which imo you should be trying not to do.

Renown:
Prioritize FS over DD - between auto-detaunt and/or run away, ranged is not nearly as big a concern as a melee train is. In the same vein, I recommend armour talis.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:14 pm

casmCharlie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm ESM is not necessarily a must slot, discipline nets a bigger increase in healing (tested)
Over a set period of time, 160 willpower (equals about 9-10% more healing) heals for slightly more total heal value than 10% additional healcrit.
What you miss is, similar to bursting someone down, which needs either a lot attacks in short time and/or many crits, you need multiple heal crits in a row to counter this burst with healing.
In this case you want to crit heal as often as possible in a row, because you are not going to save a target with the wisdom of "I will heal more on average".
Adding heal crit raises your chance for multiple chain crits by a lot. E.g. the chance for 2 crits in a row is twice as high, based on 20->30% heal crit.
Dying is no option.

casmCharlie

Post#10 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:14 pm
casmCharlie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 pm ESM is not necessarily a must slot, discipline nets a bigger increase in healing (tested)
Over a set period of time, 160 willpower (equals about 9-10% more healing) heals for slightly more total heal value than 10% additional healcrit.
What you miss is, similar to bursting someone down, which needs either a lot attacks in short time and/or many crits, you need multiple heal crits in a row to counter this burst with healing.
In this case you want to crit heal as often as possible in a row, because you are not going to save a target with the wisdom of "I will heal more on average".
Adding heal crit raises your chance for multiple chain crits by a lot. E.g. the chance for 2 crits in a row is twice as high, based on 20->30% heal crit.
In my testing, discipline yielded only about a 6, 6.5% increase in healing. If it was 9 or 10% then I don't think there'd even be a discussion to be had vis-a-vis it vs. ESM, which gets you 5%. While I take your point about the need to burst heal in order to save people, I would counter that the need to 'save' people is less likely to even occur if all your heals up to that point have been better on average. Small enough differences that I think it comes down to personal preference more than anything else. Certainly I don't advocate for ignoring heal crit entirely...

Also, let's not forgot the base 10% chance to critically heal built into all the classes. Back of the napkin math here, but in your 20% example you're going to have a 9% chance of critting twice in a row. In your 30% example, it's a 16% of critting twice in a row. That's not double and I'm not really sure worth counting on.