Recent Topics

Ads

Removal from SC due to ignoring/late reaction on Dev’s instruction.

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lefze
Suspended

Re: Removal from SC due to ignoring/late reaction on Dev’s instruction.

Post#11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:12 pm changing topic name like this is lame
Especially since the actual video of the stream shows him complying right away. I suspect the punishment was handed purely on basis of what he said.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Devs removing people from SC for spawning camping?

Post#12 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Another round of drama?

I was there. It was addressed. No further action was taken aside from being pulled out of the scen prematurely, and that wasn't something I particularly agreed with.

The not-so-subtle intricacies of the situation and ICONIC as a group or I suppose Belladonna as a player, is they can certainly be abrasive and border on breaking our rule #1 (if not outright doing it regularly). They also play the disingenuous pearl clutching card when someone gives them pushback, like in this situation. I don't think anyone here would really contest that they have a particular public image, whether it's the trashtalk on the forums on on their twitch that definitely draws some of the bias in this situation.

Basically, if you're a well known asshole, life isn't necessarily going to be easy for you. If a staff member is tired of your **** and gives you the business, I'll lift it, but that doesn't mean you didn't deserve it. It just means they didn't follow the guidelines my GM's have.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

uanaka

Re: Devs removing people from SC for spawning camping?

Post#13 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 pm Another round of drama?

I was there. It was addressed. No further action was taken aside from being pulled out of the scen prematurely, and that wasn't something I particularly agreed with.

The not-so-subtle intricacies of the situation and ICONIC as a group or I suppose Belladonna as a player, is they can certainly be abrasive and border on breaking our rule #1 (if not outright doing it regularly). They also play the disingenuous pearl clutching card when someone gives them pushback, like in this situation. I don't think anyone here would really contest that they have a particular public image, whether it's the trashtalk on the forums on on their twitch that definitely draws some of the bias in this situation.

Basically, if you're a well known asshole, life isn't necessarily going to be easy for you. If a staff member is tired of your **** and gives you the business, I'll lift it, but that doesn't mean you didn't deserve it. It just means they didn't follow the guidelines my GM's have.
I think it would be one thing if they were only pulled out of the scenario prematurely, but what about the extra 30 minutes of quitter debuff they were given afterwards?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm

I am not particularly concerned with a 30 minute quitter debuff. If we're only interested in continuing to stir this pot, the conversation can be locked down much tighter. Not interested in hosting yet another round of drama over people that probably at some point deserved it.

Let it go ~~

aa91837

Post#15 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Can I call gms now if I'm getting spawncamped in non-pug SC? :roll:
Nobody on the broken noob class

altharion1
Banned

Post#16 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm

If you dont enjoy the SC, you are free to leave - thus the option is already there to end the SC early.

There are hundreds of SCs like this every day, why choose this one to break all previous precedent? Maybe you should tell the weaker players to leave the SC, so a stronger group can join to compete in the SC, instead of punishing the better group?

He complied with the request, yet was still removed.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm

aa91837 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm Can I call gms now if I'm getting spawncamped in non-pug SC? :roll:
No. That's the opposite of what I said.

Although if you make a name for yourself as an asshole, I'll have far less concern for your wellbeing.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:33 pm

altharion1 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm If you dont enjoy the SC, you are free to leave - thus the option is already there to end the SC early.

There are hundreds of SCs like this every day, why choose this one to break all previous precedent? Maybe you should tell the weaker players to leave the SC, so a stronger group can join to compete in the SC, instead of punishing the better group?

He complied with the request, yet was still removed.
If you think you aren't going to receive warnings on this thread for continuing to stir ****, you're wrong.

This situation was immediately addressed when it happened. I stated our position in the thread already. Have some chill.

Ads
rmpl

Post#19 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:34 pm

edit:
I had received a warning for this post for "stirring ****".
Last edited by rmpl on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#20 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:49 pm

I will be more than happy to use this thread as bait for anyone else who wants to stir up drama over a relatively minor issue that was handled immediately.