Recent Topics

Ads

Very Frustrated

Let's talk about... everything else
narvi

Re: Very Frustrated

Post#21 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:47 am

Foofighter wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 am people need to have a actual idea of what game they are playing before randomly commenting on mechanics and balancing
They do.

I started playing pug wbs, 6man and solo roam(in addition to guildwb) the past month and have come to share their concerns. They do know the state of the game accurately. Cool if you haven't experienced their problems but it doesn't mean they are made up.

If you won't contribute at least don't piss on their plight, they are only trying to make the game more enjoyable.

Ads
Foofighter

Post#22 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:54 pm

narvi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:47 am
Foofighter wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 am people need to have a actual idea of what game they are playing before randomly commenting on mechanics and balancing
They do.

I started playing pug wbs, 6man and solo roam(in addition to guildwb) the past month and have come to share their concerns. They do know the state of the game accurately. Cool if you haven't experienced their problems but it doesn't mean they are made up.

If you won't contribute at least don't piss on their plight, they are only trying to make the game more enjoyable.
im sorry if it sounded so crass, but i only meant if you are gona contribute to the conversation much has been said and now most decent and reasonable post have been made the rest is either repeats or a simple statement that certain mechanics dont work which isnt adding to a possible solution, that's kinds what i meant by what i said.

in addition im not acting like its made up im pointing to the fact that literally every aspect of the game is a problem to someone, if the devs "had" to listen to our input they would never get any work done, i trust them to have their own priority list that's aided, this being a key word, by player input and thats it, not dictated, and no matter how many comments saying " oh no everyone will stop playing" i have taken so many brakes from war i cant even count them and i always comeback because i like war and the devs do a good job of keeping that going even if people in the forums always act like doomsayers. but truthfully no disrespect meant just stating my opinion which you are more then free to not give a **** about.

mikke

Post#23 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:12 pm

Just started new toon. T1 rvr is all about staying at BOs. Ppl does not do anything, just flies from one zone to another. Killing is pointless w\o having AAO.

Sulorie

Post#24 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 pm

mikke wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:12 pm Just started new toon. T1 rvr is all about staying at BOs. Ppl does not do anything, just fly from one zone to another. Killing is pointless w\o having AAO.
Have chars on both sides and you can always play the realm with aao. If enough people would do this, then there wouldn't be aao and all get rewards for kills.
Dying is no option.

mikke

Post#25 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 pm
mikke wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:12 pm Just started new toon. T1 rvr is all about staying at BOs. Ppl does not do anything, just fly from one zone to another. Killing is pointless w\o having AAO.
Have chars on both sides and you can always play the realm with aao. If enough people would do this, then there wouldn't be aao and all get rewards for kills.
Or having char in another game...

Nefarian78

Post#26 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:25 am

WAR RvR has always been critically flawed. Zerging and population inbalance have always been a problem with this game and there's no way around it. It can be limited, but never solved

In addition of having only 2 factions (By far the worst game design decision for a RvR/PvP focused game) the maps aren't suited for this kind of gameplay at all.
The zones are too small, there's only 1 spawn point, there are not enough objectives and not enough distance between them, only way to take a keep is through brute force (aka superior numbers), warcamps are too close to the fighting and you can instantly get back to fight and there's many more problems than what i've listed here.

The only way to limit the issue is to forcefully split the population between multiple t4 zones and SCs. Even then, this isn't fixing the problem, it's just another bandaid that many won't like. Just like the AAO malus.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Elendal

Post#27 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:30 am

It does seem like the majority of the population wants the AAO nerf to be removed. So why don't we get rid of it?

footpatrol2

Post#28 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:31 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:25 am The only way to limit the issue is to forcefully split the population between multiple t4 zones and SCs.
I think if mythic were able to finish their game they would have done this. Along with each racial pairing getting their cities and blah blah.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#29 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:53 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:25 am
Spoiler:
WAR RvR has always been critically flawed. Zerging and population inbalance have always been a problem with this game and there's no way around it. It can be limited, but never solved

In addition of having only 2 factions (By far the worst game design decision for a RvR/PvP focused game) the maps aren't suited for this kind of gameplay at all.
The zones are too small, there's only 1 spawn point, there are not enough objectives and not enough distance between them, only way to take a keep is through brute force (aka superior numbers), warcamps are too close to the fighting and you can instantly get back to fight and there's many more problems than what i've listed here.

The only way to limit the issue is to forcefully split the population between multiple t4 zones and SCs. Even then, this isn't fixing the problem, it's just another bandaid that many won't like. Just like the AAO malus.

3 realms...
isn't it same as zerging opponent,
avoiding fight ally,
less opportunity for small scale?

I remember all the dramas from daoc.

2 or 3, it's just different type of game.
each have their own pros and cons.

though i'm not against undead realm,
it won't solve population problem.
more like creating permanent underdog realm.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tesq

Post#30 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:46 am

I think i have repeated this several time and this is the only approach which didn't get tried out an would eventually spread the zerg inside a single zone but still no chance has been given to see something reaolved.

"Syncro lock out timer " on all flag (it's diff from live)

-ppl will spread equaly all over the map
-difference in number in bigger pop are fewer when there are more spread fight all over map, instead 1wb vs 2 wb you have 1 party vs 2 on each flag and you can ignore 1 flag to make the fight more even on 3/4 flags...
-no more 1 blob holding 3 flags ....as underdog side can just syncro snap all flags togheter when timer for lock out is at 1 min make impossible avoid the split for the zerg side....
-this also create micro troops management across the whole zone which make import small roaming party and gank party as they prevent reinforce /aid to pass trought/move around

It would be a system which do not cut out anyone, yet not hard to implement it just need 1 change...and yet ......