Ads

[MathHammer] Minmaxing tool

Let's talk about... everything else
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Re: [MathHammer] Veszal's minmaxing tool

Post#11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm

V.1.5 Update
Vanquisher and Opressor set of BG and DoK updated in accordance with Patch 12/01/2019 (If I messed something up - feel free to PM me or say here what should be fixed).

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#12 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 am

V.1.6 Update
Added "Summary" at top so you are able to see amount of talis and special talis (right now only Sentinel considered as such) - at first wanted to make it so you are able to chose talis for each piece if there is slot in it, but it looks like overkill which will make tables less representive and more of a mess. Will probably add something like "set all talis to X value of Y stat".
Added sets for WP and IB, as they are DoK/BG mirrors, and those sets are already input.
Work in progress - adding LVL and RR requirements for each piece so in Summary information on recquired values for chosen pieces can be presented.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#13 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 am

V.1.6.1 Update
Added two more rows in each table so you may choose amount of talismans of respective stat and their value (If you see error triangle in top right corner of cell after picking chosen amount - ignore it, it apears because of limits set in place to prevent user from choosing more talismans than are available, while keeping it to drop down list).

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#14 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 pm

V.1.6.2 Update
Added Sorc sets
Added WE sets
Added BW sets
Added WH sets
Added summary function to list LVL/RR required for picked items.
Still need some info that is listed in OP.

Fenris78

Post#15 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Thanks for the tool, I'm going to use it soon...

I just got a problem when I want to download and use the file with OpenOffice (either .xls or .ods) ; formulaes are somewhat not converted when it comes to display textual content, like all written set bonuses (it display error 504 or #N/D).
It's not the first time I saw that problem (already with another spreadsheet I tried to import from Google Docs), and I cannot find a way to properly convert it.

Sure I can still copy directly into another GoogleDoc tab, but it's more convenient for me to work with offline content... Do you know a way to avoid these issues (aside from using MS Excel) ?

EDIT : I just added values for most of SW armor sets (the ones missing are mostly PvE ones since I dont own them). You can see stats here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Feel free to copy/paste them to update your tool, those stats will be handy for SH class as well (since most bonuses are the same).
Completed stats are light green on the first column, missing ones for SW are left in white.

In the future, you may need to add Weapons as well, and a way to count total % bonuses (chances to parry etc.), and Tactics/potion effects.
Is suggest to add 2 lines at the bottom, with manual input, one line for tactics stat modifiers, another for potions/another buffs.
Renown Modifiers will be very useful as well (likely less impacting for main stats).

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#16 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm Thanks for the tool, I'm going to use it soon...

I just got a problem when I want to download and use the file with OpenOffice (either .xls or .ods) ; formulaes are somewhat not converted when it comes to display textual content, like all written set bonuses (it display error 504 or #N/D).
It's not the first time I saw that problem (already with another spreadsheet I tried to import from Google Docs), and I cannot find a way to properly convert it.

Sure I can still copy directly into another GoogleDoc tab, but it's more convenient for me to work with offline content... Do you know a way to avoid these issues (aside from using MS Excel) ?

For MS thats would have probably been due to INDEX formulas using massives, which are not copypastable. You need to fix each one manualy by reposting it in same cell and pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER after.
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 6b061328bd
I think you only have to do that only in "Setbonus ref table" 1 and 2 on Formula sheet.
If done correctly you will see brackets "{" and "}" on sides of formula.

Can't say much about open office, there is a chance that functionality like that and etc is cut there as it is free software, try this solution though.

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm EDIT : I just added values for most of SW armor sets (the ones missing are mostly PvE ones since I dont own them). You can see stats here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Feel free to copy/paste them to update your tool, those stats will be handy for SH class as well (since most bonuses are the same).
Completed stats are light green on the first column, missing ones for SW are left in white.

There is player input form in OP, also your sheet is not open, have requested access. If they are not in requested format - it will be faster to make input by myself than convert one in other and check conversion mistakes though. Thank you anyway.

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm In the future, you may need to add Weapons as well, and a way to count total % bonuses (chances to parry etc.), and Tactics/potion effects.
Is suggest to add 2 lines at the bottom, with manual input, one line for tactics stat modifiers, another for potions/another buffs.
Renown Modifiers will be very useful as well (likely less impacting for main stats).

Was thinking about it, but thats one of the lowest priorities I have. Weapons are pretty straightforward in terms of BiS/not BiS. Only possibility that weapons will be added - if I will go for full character calculator, but for comparing purposes, as said, not high priority. In pots/tactics/auras/buffs and other additions I dont see much usability at all, other than making table with regard to user input huge. You will be able to see summary of them, yes, but it is just static numbers not related to equipment, you can add add 660 armor and 80 of your main stat to both but it won't affect comparison in any way.

Fenris78

Post#17 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Thanks for your feedback !

I found how to share the copy I made of your tool, you may be able to read and comment the sheet (for example to let me know what you update from).
I made all input data in Google Doc, and checked most of it to ensure it worked.

Let me know if this link is working for you now :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I found PvE sets gears in the complete list posted by Wargrimnir some time ago :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =280086737, hopefully PvE sets will be up to date (like RedEye).
Let me know if you are working on specific classes, right now I'll probably input data for Slayer Gear (wich will be useful for Choppa/Mara as well I presume).

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#18 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:03 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:38 pm I found PvE sets gears in the complete list posted by Wargrimnir some time ago :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =280086737, hopefully PvE sets will be up to date (like RedEye).
Let me know if you are working on specific classes, right now I'll probably input data for Slayer Gear (wich will be useful for Choppa/Mara as well I presume).
List is out of date and no updated sheet exists right now, all sets past Ruin were hit by rework during release of Opressor/Vanquisher/Sentinel if I recall correctly.
I will contact you in PM for some data extract details.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#19 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:03 pm
Fenris78 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:38 pm I found PvE sets gears in the complete list posted by Wargrimnir some time ago :
List is out of date and no updated sheet exists right now, all sets past Ruin were hit by rework during release of Opressor/Vanquisher/Sentinel if I recall correctly.
I will contact you in PM for some data extract details.
So what about Player Input Data? I asked for a permission to add SW values and still no access
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#20 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 pm you can help yourself by filling Data (Player Input) and Bonuses (Player Input) sheets of document Player Input Data with sets of your particular class. I will check these weekly (or around so) and will be updating tool itself.
Daniel this link should work with no permission. Tool itself will be updated by me alone to minimize risks of people changing already existant data.
If it doesn't, I will make changes to access settings.