Recent Topics

Ads

[RECRUITMENT] 3D Artists / Modders / Graphists

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fenris78

Re: [RECRUITMENT] 3D Artists / Modders / Graphists

Post#11 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 am

A big visual improvement would be the use of normal mapping on textures, but I doubt the engine is able to use the tech...

If by any chance I'm wrong, it may be feasible to contribute myself by adding some nice volumes to existing textures. ;)

My abilities to create new assets are very limited (as my spare time), but upping the details on some existing textures with photoshop or 3D Coat is not out of my reach, just let me know the process.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#12 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 am

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 am A big visual improvement would be the use of normal mapping on textures, but I doubt the engine is able to use the tech...

If by any chance I'm wrong, it may be feasible to contribute myself by adding some nice volumes to existing textures. ;)

My abilities to create new assets are very limited (as my spare time), but upping the details on some existing textures with photoshop or 3D Coat is not out of my reach, just let me know the process.
AAAAhhhh!!! you have no idea! i'm waiting for this holy moment !!! Cause the day it will happen, this game will go visually to the next level.

And as far i know, and experienced months ago, water use normal map.... so....engine understand normal map.... so.... :p *look coders*

Martaspahn

Post#13 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Collateral wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:18 am Compensation? This is a free private server made by people in their free time. I doubt there will be any compensation. And iirc you can extract models with machinima studio.
By compensation, I don't necessarily mean cash.
First borns, virgin blood, that sort of thing works too, jk. I appreciate the fact that this is a free server and am grateful for those that keep it up and running and I would be more than happy to help out.
That said, depending on what needs to be built, assets can be very time intensive. This can be a grindy game at times, compensation can also cosmetics, mounts etc. which would save creators time, and time is a precious thing.

It would be nice to have a wish list the devs would like to see, if it's just reskins, that's easy or even kitbashing existing models. But completely new ones would be a bit trickier. Do we know if we have the capability to either reuse animations for new models or implement completely new models and animations? If so, skys kinda the limit.

Fenris78

Post#14 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 am

I'm testing some file viewing with Machinima studio, and got strange things, like half of the textures available (only terrain, scenery and weapons, no base skins or cloths/armor at all)...

I may need a serious tool and tutorial to begin my tests on assets improvement, at least being able to properly extract one complete model (with UVs and textures) to work with.

Feel free to PM me with useful infos ;)

Martaspahn

Post#15 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:23 am

Been trying to get Machinima working. I can get the .myps to load, but no previews and it just throws up errors when i try to export. Any suggestions?

Fenris78

Post#16 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Didnt test export for now (trying to get my hands on both geometry AND matching textures), but I had to install the SlimDX runtime Net20 (june 2010) to get Machinima launch correctly.
(https://storage.googleapis.com/google-c ... 02010).msi)

Other than partial acces/viewing of game assets, no problems for now

szejoza

Post#17 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:56 pm

I described some basics about machinima here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29025&p=331013

but tbh it's not the best software out there, a lot of assets are missing, be it textures, models, it's probably caused by something with reading .myp files but few years back I got much better results using ninja ripper and one more software which name I forgot

So, a lot of this stuff can be extracted, and I guess devs have even better access to such stuff than some free software from interwebz can offer
Spoiler:

Collateral

Post#18 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Extracted some stuff with machinima and did some very basic blender work on this helm. It can be done, but the problem of course are textures. I am no moddeler and I have no idea really how any of that works. There is a lot of old concept art, like stuff from Ted Beargon which I used for the helm. Simple stuff like greenskin assets can basically be a rework of exsisting stuff, which doesn't take a whole lot of work I imagine. But some other things are obviously more complicated and nubs like me can't really do it :P
Spoiler:

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#19 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Collateral wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:50 pm Extracted some stuff with machinima and did some very basic blender work on this helm. It can be done, but the problem of course are textures. I am no moddeler and I have no idea really how any of that works. There is a lot of old concept art, like stuff from Ted Beargon which I used for the helm. Simple stuff like greenskin assets can basically be a rework of exsisting stuff, which doesn't take a whole lot of work I imagine. But some other things are obviously more complicated and nubs like me can't really do it :P
Spoiler:
So. Using this trick to extract body parts is doable ( ninjaripper, machinima...) but all these tricks don't extract "original" file. They interpolate and convert (kinda). And when this done, the question is : How do we convert it to client convenient file format? :p. According atm, we are unable to, this make this process useless :(.

I wish it would be so easy ! :p

szejoza

Post#20 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 pm

You had guy that did that already, Paura was the name
Spoiler: