Recent Topics

Ads

[Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

After feedback has reached it's viable limit, it will retire here to keep the main section clean and tidy.
kweedko

Re: [Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

Post#21 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:21 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:58 pm Ritual of Innervation was grossly overperforming in destro melee trains (as it was activating a chance to regain AP on every autoattack plus ability). Mirroring it was the correct approach. If you have AP issues as a dps zealot, we can find ways to address those in other ways. For the time being, double AP pot should be the way to go.
Why not mirrored the zealot variant to RP, to hear them cry how bad it is.

Oh wait cause order have no wb viable melee classes excep tanks :twisted:, and tanks already have no problem with AP managment, via AURAS for all party members and healers pumping AP to everybody. :lol:

Totaly worthles nerf. Instead of giving order melee trains a chance, lets nerf destro melee which already drowning in AP even without zealot in group. 8-)

Ads
ToXoS

Post#22 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm

A great initiative and a step to the right direction.

Foomy44

Post#23 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Thanks a ton for this. Very helpful and informative and will hopefully cut down a lot of the useless "y u nerf me" replies these patch notes always generate.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Mausini

Post#24 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13 pm
Mausini wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:06 pm Sure. In the time i have leveled that up I could also farm the gold somehow...
Intent or not intent, this is a quiet obvious byproduct of your changes. I may also note that prices for Talis are going to skyrocket in the next days because all WL will need some Talis again.

Responsibility does not end at the code.

From a customer perspective that changes are quiet a mess. Not because you need to adopt your play style but because of the time invested to put everything in place again, equip wise. Right now I am not sure if this time is worth it because there are going to be, again, changes and then I might need to rearrange Talis and stuff again and again and again. (For the 4. or 5. time)
I am ok with that if there is some character/gear progression, thats part of the game.
But simply whipping all the afford away that I put into my character (RR61) and then suggesting me to spec Apo/Cult for something that is completely out of my control does make me somehow angry.

But there are good news, the RoR team can fix that issue rather easy. Show some respect to the WL of the RoR community.
Well, my suggestion wasn't meant as a slight. It's simply the easiest path to take if you want to make some extra gold. I totally get why you're angry; it's certainly a viable emotion to feel after your class has been messed with -- I know I would feel that way (but I'm a garbage WL, ask my guildies). We're going to do our best to make it better. That's, I think, the best I can give you at this stage.
I am going to say that crystal clear now, sorry if I am going to insult someone.

RoR staff members could give themselves stuff for free until a few days ago to gain advantage over the normal community members but I at the same time need to invest that little leisure time I have to deal with the mess. So after everything that happened, thats your PR approach?

I know, its for free and I am very grateful but as a matter of fact, it is not completely free. I am investing my time, the most important currency of them all. As long as I get a good return on investment everything is more then fine.

My question is:
Whats your opinion. Did I get a good return on investment with that last WL changes?

Andr0s

Post#25 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:35 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:52 pm
No, the goal isn't to remove Loner as a viable way to play; we just don't want it being the only way to play.
Thank you for clarifying.

Gangan

Post#26 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Gret way to approach the all-weekly confusion about patch notes 👍😁
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Acidic

Post#27 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Nice to see a “thinking behind changes” thread.
Have to agree with the BO/SM anti cc skill was at the level of must have and no timing required.

Zaxxond

Post#28 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Spoiler:
dansari wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:46 pm
Zaxxond wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm When are the BW buffs coming?
:D nothing planned at the moment bud.
BW's who run AOE in warbands need more Buffs. They don't do enough AoE damage fast enough. Maybe add a 120 wounds AoE debuff to flame breath or annilate and increase base armor by 3k.
Going to start moderating posts that derail from OP/don't offer anything pertinent to what is being discussed. - ptp3

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:41 pm

wonshot wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm Cool glad to hear that, I hope this is trend we will see you work for all classes? It does seem a little odd how you for example make this change to revert the Warband viable WL spec and say it will be reworked for a furture functioning spec for largescale, and in the same patch buffs engineer singletarget when the class is hardly used in a largescale setting (see my concirn above about the overall direction is too focused in one area of play)
That change was done so as to facilitate to the Rifleman playing within a group setting. Other changes will be done revolving around the Engineer within a WB setting. We want to cover both avenues, i.e. ensure class can perform in both environments. I don't see the issue with this approach.

Overperforming in what sence exactly, did everyone spec into it because it was too much value(or simply new and exciting) From my gameplay experience with these immunities it actually required coordination and communication, plus a sence of forseeing a battle. I completly disagree with the arguement of these immunities could help you setup a moraldump, because of two reasons: a) Moral drains being a thing, and all semi organized warbands are running drains so morals are hardly going off before a fight is actually won. b) the CC immunties are blown on first impact of engagement, because if you get punted away, knocked down or snared you are simply on the backfoot so there is no safety to hold on to these immunity cooldowns and wait for a M2 razebomb.
When used in conjunction with Whispering Winds, you could maintain 40% uptime on this ability. It was the group consensus that this is far too much for one ability, it promoted laziness and sloppy movement, it negated classes like Rift Magus/Magnet Engineer who are usually reliant on getting off their CC to initiate a fight. I believe people spec'd for it because they realised how good it was: CC immunity for 40%+ uptime was far too good not to have.

oaliaen

Post#30 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Any plans for Choppa ? you know we need some love.