Recent Topics

Ads

SW needs help

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Allistarj

SW needs help

Post#1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Okay.. my first ever thread.

I'v played my SW untill level 36 got full annihilator and around 18 % ranged crit 648 WS 950 BS. and 34 sc wep
but when i roam around i feel my dmg is so low compared to most other classes? i mean a WE will kill me within 2 secs.....is it only me? will be getting full conq and Beast set + sub wep make my dmg much better?
i just dont see that comming,... i keep hitting like a wet nodle..Marauder, choppa, Which elf (if the catch me) will most likely kill me within seconds.. and i dont have enugh global cooldowns to kill most classes (IMO) ? what am i doing wrong? please help out a fustrated player. or should i simply get used to be sucky?

Thank you in advance

Ads
Acidic

Re: SW needs help

Post#2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Don’t think it’s the class.
Guess you are soloing and basing your damage expectations on we killing you.
Suggest go in a group and if u want to solo maybe Look at your build

Mystry
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:12 pm

You're level 36. Once you get past level 32, you turn into a pincushion that tickles people with feathers. It's a thing with bolster.

Your best bet is to power through it, get to 40 and 40+ RR, then deck out in actual rank 40 gear.

daniilpb

Post#4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Things will be better later. Just get yourgear and rrs.
What about other classes — SW is a kinda support dps currently: at least range builds. It’s not an assassin or main damage dealer, so, yeah you will be kind of food for classes that specialize on killing stuff. But you can quite effectively help assassins of your side with killing other “weakling” enemy classes.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

oaliaen

Post#5 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:00 pm

dont expect to kill a 40rr++ in your lvl.

Allistarj

Post#6 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:08 pm

all very nice and possitive feed back. i appriciate it. though normally i can kite rr 40 + ppl do their death. but the point being that it takes a while. and a regular dps class would do it aloooot faster

lefze
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:23 pm

SW ranged damage is kinda in a horrible spot atm. I think it's safe to say it's the single weakest rdps actually. The only thing it's got going is that spammable healdebuff and support tactics, but even with them they are a dps loss for parties.

So basically all you can do is keep the healdebuff up and whatever pressure you can manage while the rest of the party does the heavy lifting.
Rip Phalanx

ToXoS

Post#8 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm

lefze wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:23 pm SW ranged damage is kinda in a horrible spot atm. I think it's safe to say it's the single weakest rdps actually. The only thing it's got going is that spammable healdebuff and support tactics, but even with them they are a dps loss for parties.

So basically all you can do is keep the healdebuff up and whatever pressure you can manage while the rest of the party does the heavy lifting.
I would say SH is the weakest rdps in game actually, even if SW is not far behind. But SH melee tree is over the top, so going melee is a more than viable option.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:01 pm

ToXoS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm
lefze wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:23 pm SW ranged damage is kinda in a horrible spot atm. I think it's safe to say it's the single weakest rdps actually. The only thing it's got going is that spammable healdebuff and support tactics, but even with them they are a dps loss for parties.

I would say SH is the weakest rdps in game actually, even if SW is not far behind. But SH melee tree is over the top, so going melee is a more than viable option.
SH far outshines SW because of finisher burst, far better sustained deeps, much better mobility/selfpeel and recently gained another advantage as Rapid Fire was stance locked to Scout purely based on thematic concerns.

Melee specs are another matter, and depending on how you look at it, I'd say the SH is underperforming in this department. Mind you, I'm talking smallscale here obviously, and making the assumption that numbers, gear, levels and skill is at an equal level.

And the fact is that in situations like these, for example 6v6, ranged SH is viable, ranged SW is not, melee SW is viable, melee SH is arguably okay at best. When moving to warband play, I would say both are in a pretty dark place when it comes to ranged specs, SW melee spec is simply horrible for any kind oRvR really, SH melee can work, but it's just an annoyance at best, and brings little to no damage.
Rip Phalanx

poffo

Post#10 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Stop talking about SH. SW needs help and i would prefer if it be now. Scout line should be top single target dps together with BW...theres no such thing as a support dps in a mmo, its bullshit...what we need is a GM or 3 to play and fall in love with SW or nothing gonna happen, atleast that what it seems to be going on.

I really like the play style of the scout line and its easy fixed. Fx. put Eagle eye on a 1 sec shot and keep the tac. so it becomes a shot depending on global only and bump up the dps 50 %. Rapid fire make it able to be a moving shot and bump the dps 100 %,Acid shot 150 % more armor debuff and a toughness debuff. Flamearrow dps bump 250 %. Fell the weak 3 sec CD and + 25 %
+ snare 75 %
Same with rest of the shots

It shouldent be so hard when everyone can see it needs a bump no fancy stuff just a dps buff and the fluff i wrote. A soft target should die fast just as fast as we die as soon as a melee gets in range.

Last but very very imp.whirling pin skill: make it 10 feet aoe but make it a root and the knock back needs to be atleast double range and or put a run spd on for 3 sec. 100 % spd.

This will be a good start.