Recent Topics

Ads

AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Post#101 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Aerogath wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 pm
lefze wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 pm
Aerogath wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 pm So when will the Dps Archmage finally get a long needed nerf?
Or is it meant to be "balanced" if you specc a Healer on Dps kill enemies with 3 dots while hotting yourelf, shielding and dispelling ?
Edit: and done come me with "mimimi Healdebuff on them makes them balanced ...." would be true if they wouldn`t still heal themself up again.
The answer to this is to get a healer yourself. Then you won't die from 3 dots.
Or better idea, nerf the Heals and defensive skills of Dps am's hard so that HEALER HUNTER can finally kill healer.
Don't play solo, when you need a hand to survive.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Valarion

Post#102 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 am
Spoiler:
Telperien wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:10 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Any healing AM, who knows to spec goes both Isha and Vaul. Similar for heal shaman.

When saying lifetap, then BE or EoV is meant, while you have to decide whether FE in Isha 13 or EoV Vaul 13.
What ever you do as healing AM, you use BE, which is in Vaul too.
Others added their numbers, which match my own, so please go and get your numbers first before arguing about healing values and viability of certain trees.

Posting specs is difficult, because the builders are out of date. :)
When you detaunt and then use dots, detaunt is broken. When you apply dots first, then detaunt results in 50% dot damage reduction.
Afaik the skill contribution is based on the main attribute of the selected tree, e.g. willpower for isha or intel for vaul, or 70% of all stat points added together, what ever is higher. This helps to use intel based skills in heal spec. Armor talis don't count.
I would mix armor with wounds (and some initiative as shaman, because order debuffs).
Lately only playing destro. :P
Critted yesterday with I'll Take That for 2,8k heal, but this was with some heal buffs. Lifetap heals are very viable, albeit the heal value depends on the target and changes a lot. To get the best results the healer has to pick good targets, which makes it challenging and rewarding.
On shaman I use hots, grp heal and lifetap on the move. Rarely use the big single heal in pvp.

Stick with your zealot until at least 40. Of all of the healers, the zealot is by far my favorite for small groups and Ive leveled them all. Shaman is fun solo for simply staying alive.

That being said, dps AMs are very underwhelming in competitive play. Im going to refrain from using the word terrible, but I will say "one of the easiest dps classes to counter by experienced groups". They may be fine for solo or against pugs, but in competitive 6-man fights a balanced group simply shuts them down.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

live4treasure

Post#103 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:12 am

My understanding is that the complaint is less about DPS AM and more about the fact that healer AMs can deal a little damage and so can retain their full healing potential and widdle down their target bit by bit in 1v1. Because 3 dots + selfheal is not a dps spec you're describing, that's a healer AM.

Yes, they are pretty strong in 1v1, but if you have a good solo spec that has sustain, self-heals and decent defense, you shouldn't ever die to a pure healer AM trying to kill you solo. That said, you're probably not going to kill one, but that's true for any healer vs a lone dps simply because detaunt and gg.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Telen
Suspended

Post#104 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:48 am

A lifetap class is going to slap around anyone solo in any mmo. They are damaging you and healing themselves so obviously.

ToXoS

Post#105 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am

I rolled an AM yesterday, and because I love classes with actually good DoTs, I plan to play it DPS oriented.
I didn't play for a while, and I saw some changes in AM trees.
How is scorching touch? It seems nice on the paper, but I would prefer the opinion of a player that actually tested it.

Edit: also, does the 0.7 from all stats counting as intelligence still a thing?

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#106 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:48 pm
Aerogath wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 pm
lefze wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 pm

The answer to this is to get a healer yourself. Then you won't die from 3 dots.
Or better idea, nerf the Heals and defensive skills of Dps am's hard so that HEALER HUNTER can finally kill healer.
Don't play solo, when you need a hand to survive.
Whan an aboluste stupid statement....

Telen
Suspended

Post#107 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Aerogath wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am Whan an aboluste stupid statement....
War is one of the most group dependant mmos. You should need more than 1 dps to take down a healed target otherwise rvr wouldnt work.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#108 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm

y if he is skilled on heal and not on dps and even if he is skilled on heal are healer meant wo be supporter that are totally victims without help.
That a Dps specced AM deals with 3 instant dots much more dmg as an Change Magus with Deamon stacks and all his dots is a pure joke when i can Heal so strong at the same time while specced on DPS, THAT and only THAT is the reason why Archmages are totally overpowered on ROR, especially because its a range and deals much more dmg as an WP that is a Melee, that the Dots have a range that makes me thinking they have no maximum is a pure joke. And a healer was never meant to be to strong to get killed from a Mara, WE or Squiq. I could sometimes cry when i`m seeing when 8 Player are debuffing, hitting, stunning an AM that can`t die because there is another Am behind him while the`re dealing a ton a dmg at the same time ...

Ads
Telperien

Post#109 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Aerogath wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am Whan an aboluste stupid statement....
War is one of the most group dependant mmos. You should need more than 1 dps to take down a healed target otherwise rvr wouldnt work.
Did anyone ever do the math for DPS Vs healer encounter? Let's forget player skills, just gear and char skills.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Telen
Suspended

Post#110 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Aerogath wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm y if he is skilled on heal and not on dps and even if he is skilled on heal are healer meant wo be supporter that are totally victims without help.
That a Dps specced AM deals with 3 instant dots much more dmg as an Change Magus with Deamon stacks and all his dots is a pure joke when i can Heal so strong at the same time while specced on DPS, THAT and only THAT is the reason why Archmages are totally overpowered on ROR, especially because its a range and deals much more dmg as an WP that is a Melee, that the Dots have a range that makes me thinking they have no maximum is a pure joke. And a healer was never meant to be to strong to get killed from a Mara, WE or Squiq. I could sometimes cry when i`m seeing when 8 Player are debuffing, hitting, stunning an AM that can`t die because there is another Am behind him while the`re dealing a ton a dmg at the same time ...
If a AM is putting out anywhere near the dps of a magus he is heavily dps specced. Also change magus is an aoe dps spec and will put out more aoe dot pressure but less st than an am that is mainly st. Theres no way he has the heals to survive burst without external healing. Yes he may withstand the burst for a short period but thats down to absorb and heal pots and is the same for all classes.