Recent Topics

Ads

WL - maybe I am doing something wrong

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lesnoj

WL - maybe I am doing something wrong

Post#1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:54 am

Hi guys I just want to ask if you have the same problem as I do with WL gameplay and dmg amount.
This issue is week or two old but I tried to figure it out by myself before writing it here but I had no luck.
Here is my problem: After few patches and changes to WL, I just can kill a single solo destro class. I have tried to solo with Mara lvl40 rr34,Dok lvl30 dont know rr. Tried even low level tanks like BO or Chosen. Even SH when they are in a squig I have no chances, my crits are about 250-350 dmg and normal dmg is 120-200dmg. I can’t send my build because Career builder is not up to date. But I run mostly in axman build. My dmg is so low and I die so fast that I practically cant solo medium armor classes. So what is the best skill rotation what I should use to have better luck in solo pvp ?

Ads
facundo7777

Re: WL - maybe I am doing something wrong

Post#2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:25 am

there is no good solo build atm for wl.
U can go high axeman/crit build and if u are guarded etc it works pretty good but still slayer or wh is better choice and U have no surv.
Second build is kind of hybrid (offense and defense) in woodsman but in this spec dmg is pretty low and surv is medium so the result is rly bad.
We have to wait for next changes or reroll.

Lesnoj

Post#3 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:56 am

Thaks m8 I thought so, because I am playing WL from the start of original live server and this character is very close to me, but when I tried it now I was suprised and sad how bad I am or how bad I am with WL. I hope this will change and I can play this char again. For now I might go back to my WH or ENG :(

Wiede

Post#4 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 am

You're just describing how armor works.

You should get someone debuffing armor for you or debuffing it by yourself (Hunter). Stacking WS can help too but its not very efficient without riposte build imho. Also Axe positional attack...

Mara has 50% armor ignore.
WH/WE have 100% positional armor ignore.

Welcome to the world of any other physical mdps (and rdps but they have their range to switch to light armor targets more easily). Problem is the ridiculous armor stacking efficiency so that each and everyone is stacking it like crazy, but i'm sure devs know about that since forever.

Also small tip: dont you ever hit that big squig... it can stack more armor than tanks afaik. Also they can top that with extra 25% from racial detaunt and on top of that some 15% of hardy concessions... For a real tank-troll-SH your 120ish dmg numbers are pretty big. My Squig-Tank in green gear runs with 110% physical damage reduction + 25% detaunt + 10% damage reduce... I'm mitigating nearly 90-95% most of the time except for WH. But boy that BWs hurt...

Best solution: let that tanky targets be burned by your bws and target the more squishy enemies. Allthough with armor stacking everywhere its quite hard to find some.

Lesnoj

Post#5 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:32 am

With WL big axe, it should split armor like butter :) but I know its only cosmetic
Thank you all.

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#6 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:55 am

Last changes to WL has created a strange mutated variant of failed species. Personally I'd wait for next iteration of the changes before trying to play the current variant again.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Faef

Post#7 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:15 pm

I played alot with my wl over the weekend and some pointers I found:

1. woodsman aoe is just garbage at the moment, even with the spirit damage tactic, majority of hits were 200-400, with the very occassional 6-800 (the crits), probably on lower chars. This was pug wb warfare so possibly better resistance debuffing could improve it, but its very easy to encounter destro pug wb with high resistances. I think WL should have the ability to debuff spirit reist in some forms, maybe an aoe effect/switch of force opportunity. AP was an issue with slashing blade, unless the ap reducing tactic was also slotted.

2. More solo speced, you can still get decent survivability and damage, but there is a lot to manage now. As only rr50 I could reach 1080ish str, 25% crit, 750 wounds with decent armour. This through armour set combos, primal fury, str pot or full grown plus as high crit as you can get from rr (rest in might), talis a mix of str and wounds, jewellery str/wound items and some genesis.

I would start in axeman, use primal fury whilst picking target, switch to hunters craft (let stance cd drop a bit), pounce (intense focus whilst in the), FO, switch to axeman, sundering chop, coordinated strike (if pet out) then cull the weak and further sundering chop if necessary.

I would hit 800-1k for sundering chop, 1k - 1.3k for cull, 1.2-1.8 total from cs (if with pet and decent crit). So openers I could do pretty well, with a lot of damage in a short timestamp, would get decent kill numbers with that. However, after an opening fight, I wouldnt do so good, I tended to duck out and in a lot more now, think that would improve with more time to learn the play style.

What I would say though is, I can put out similiar numbers (over slightly longer timestamp) with my WH, with a lot lower skill requirement. Managing the pet as well, proved pretty tough, you just cant leave them on aggro and need to constantly tell it to attack (even with addons, that havent worked in over a year, they used to, loyal pet im thinking here). Stance dancing on a burst class, not sure that really works (at least with a 5 sec cd on stances). Without the pet theres a ton of abilities you cant use, mainly cc, which means your damage bonuses are mostly countered by detaunt. Pet needs a speed boost to, its suvivability seemed fine, but even with speed trainign it was shockingly slow, ended up having to burn charge each time to make it viable.

In terms of setup, I dont use nb and would imagine it would make the above a lot easier, but I do use cast sequencer, allows you to stack abilities but no conditions. I have two skill bars, #1 with just four buttons (this switched with stance, #4 is either hunter/axemen switch depending on current stance). For the second skill bar I have 8 buttons, all with abilities that are available globally.

The skill bar definitely needed raising, at the moment its lacking a bit of internal synergy, you have to front load a lot, that could work if some of the abilities werent tied to ICD. Needs work but steps in the right direction.
Last edited by Faef on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lefze
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm

OldPlayer wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:55 am Last changes to WL has created a strange mutated variant of failed species. Personally I'd wait for next iteration of the changes before trying to play the current variant again.
It's actually worked out just fine, and is still a highly competitive class.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Lesnoj

Post#9 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:45 pm

lefze wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm
OldPlayer wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:55 am Last changes to WL has created a strange mutated variant of failed species. Personally I'd wait for next iteration of the changes before trying to play the current variant again.
Works just fine when you are playing destro, because now WL is a free running renown with a big cat. :)

lefze
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Lesnoj wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:45 pm
lefze wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm
Works just fine when you are playing destro, because now WL is a free running renown with a big cat. :)
Who is forcing you to run with a cat though? And also you are wrong. Takes time to learn changes on a scale like this, you will catch up to the big boys that already mastered it soon enough. I hope, anyways, for your own sake.
Rip Phalanx