Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Darks63

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#141 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am

Toldavf wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 am What in the hell did i miss?
In short alot.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#142 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am

Darks63 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am
In short alot.
Any chance i could get some non biased specifics? I would be grateful.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

hulkhug

Post#143 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 am

Toldavf wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am
In short alot.
Torque's dirty laundry got aired during todays/yesterdays (depending on timezone) Q/A. A lot of questions are floating in the air atm. Best thing would be to listen to the audio recording someone posted in this topic.
Characters: Gladius (RP), Naulin (AM), Beardicus (WP), Hive (BG)
Guild: The Unlikely Plan / TUP

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/phyrexianhulk

Toldavf

Post#144 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:44 am

hulkhug wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 am
In short alot.
Torque's dirty laundry got aired during todays/yesterdays (depending on timezone) Q/A. A lot of questions are floating in the air atm. Best thing would be to listen to the audio recording someone posted in this topic.
Doing that now. ty
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Darks63

Post#145 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:47 am

In short alot.
Basically The Q&A started with alot of torq related questions. Aza then went on a hour long talk/rant about all the bad things that have been done by torque to players and former staff. There was a strong implication that he(Aza) wanted at the very least to see torqs GM powers removed. This blindsided the other staff causing them to accuse him of making a power play by trying to get torq removed.

After hour ended Aza dropped out of the Q&A and was shortly after removed from the team. The Q&A limped on for another 30 min or so but you could tell that people were pretty shocked by what happened and the departure of Aza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STsMEHsU0PQ&t=5364s
Last edited by Darks63 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

TenTonHammer

Post#146 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:47 am

In short alot.
From what i understand the team was asked a question about torques behavior, az took the question, said he didnt want to be interrupted and then went on a long speech call out torque on his behavior including linked evidence about multiple instances where he abused his authority

Now Az has been removed as dev and after all the dirty laundery has been aired many in the community are angry at what they see as the devs protecting torque and want his head

Vl4ddy

Post#147 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:52 am

In short alot.
Long story short, a few questions were about balance issues, and most were about Torque and the problems he causes, and the current population state of the game.

Azrael used the Q&A To go on a rant about Torque, providing information of how badly he has treated players, (PMing when he got killed by them, harassing players, and baiting them into a ban.) Finally it was revealed, Torq was making patches in the background to a class he played, (Take a guess) while nerfing other classes. And if he still lost, he would Harass you using GM powers, and then ban you.

Some people were peeved that Azrael used the Q&A for this, but he stated he has tried other methods with the team and nothing worked. He talked about Torq being a good friend of his at one point when Azrael was going through depression, but Torq apparently threatened other GMs as he did players. When players had proof of Torq's actions he would simply reply "Go ahead and send it to Wargrimnir, Good luck." Obviously nothing was done.

Azrael was shortly removed of Dev status after the Q&A. Also it has been mentioned that he was holding files hostage or something, not really sure on the exact details.
Also Torq's GM powers and Forum powers were removed when Azrael came back.

The common response is burn Torq at the stake. Well, so far the only one removed has been Az.
It should be mentioned that the Q&A was suppose to have a different direction as was discussed with the team, and was sort of Sabotaged by Azrael, who seemed to have no other options left.

Read the thread and get your feel for what people have to say.

I'm not going to polish this post because, honestly I couldn't give a rats ass anymore..
I quit playing for a while, as did others that I knew because of how Torq treated them. I have been frustrated with Wargrimnir by his responses. Send us suggestions, but the answer is no and **** you.

FIne, I get Wargrimnir's attitude. He is stuck between Torq and the toxic community. I get there are bad apples in the community, but how about bad apples in your team? And are you really so far up your own ass that you don't realize the damage that has been done?
I also noticed you guys removed the server status and population numbers. Enjoy the dead server. Your misplaced loyalty, lack of character and grit. I came back when Azrael came back, and the teams bad decisions will now force the rest of the people who came back and those that were loyal, to leave.
Sloppynachos, Ronnieraygun, Ronnyraygun, Phungi.

dur3al

Post#148 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:56 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 am
dur3al wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:22 am
I see that you want people to focus on the good and all Yaliskah, I don't envy your position and I believe that you want just everyone to enjoy the game and have fun. But as I mentioned way earlier in Aza's come-back thread in my very first post.. some lines were crossed. In my view, the less damaging way is to take action when present with this blatant amount of evidence - punishments must be given and put in a system where this don't repeat itself by someone else. This way people understand that there is accountability for their actions, both staff and players - and establish that there is respect in both lanes of the road.

Also, without this - how can you justify new and cool things in the game for the community to keep us enjoying the game, when the very same enjoyment is being taken away over the (confirmed) notion that we're constantly living in fear of being persecuted by the staff unjustly, if we get onto their bad side for some reason or another?

What Aza said comes as no surprise to any of us who suffered, in some way or another, abuse from the staff. But now its been plainly shown to everybody who still thought this was just cry from the "butt-hurtted people".
Brief review of your several warnings and eventual ban seem legit to me. Well, except the last part, where Penril banned you. He didn't have any notes. I'm guess that's why it was overturned.

However, the previous warnings were from both Nath and Torque. Nath for continuing to piss in balance thread, Torque for accusing staff of being inept at balance due to their lack of experience with classes, which is pretty disrespectful considering we've all been playing this game for a very long time.

There are some other interactions I had with the staff, remember this topic?
Also when I was accused of "peddling nothing but hyperbole and false information" by Torque when I pointed out a major flaw in the WP/DoK changes Aza had overlooked, its all in that thread, and that was in 2016. You can see from the screenshot how some players are treated and from there you can understand when I say about the general feel of living constantly in fear of being persecuted by a staff member. I've had another example too, that I can't find the screen atm, of being PM'd after I killed a certain staff member in the lakes and got something back along the lines of "enjoy this while it lasts" or some other crap like this.
As I made it clear back then - it was pointless to bring this forth to the staff since it was known nothing would be done about it, and it probably would be span back towards you as disrespect or something. Which was also the reason I stopped posting in the forums altogether. I also pointed this out to Aza back when he asked if people were stopping to give feedback over fears of being reprimanded.
Last edited by dur3al on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Ads
mursaat1337

Post#149 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:04 am

so is torque's powers are still gone? call that a success if aza sacrificed himself to do so. RIP.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#150 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:05 am

mursaat1337 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:04 am so is torque's powers are still gone? call that a success if aza sacrificed himself to do so. RIP.
That's really not how it works, no. That just burns a lot of people that trusted Aza to be a part of the team.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog