Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Fallenkezef

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#101 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 am

liamcherrington wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:37 am Even though I believe whatwas said was correct and justified Id like to say that a public Q&Athat all your players can see is not the correct place to say those things anout a developer.

I hope that next time the Q&A will be only a Q&A for everyone sake.

That said id like to say thank you to the developers that answered questions about the game and to say keep up the good work we appreciate you all.
There will never be another QnA. If anything I think the regime will become more closed to comment and communication over this. Azaraels removal was fast and brutal.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Jedii

Post#102 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 am

I love ROR and wish to keep playing for many years to come :x :cry: :shock:

Azalya

Post#103 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 pm Would love to have it resolved peacefully, but the whole premise of the Q&A was lied about to the leadership, and they essentially setup an uninterrupted list of crimes then demanded Torque be removed.

I'm not sure what's peaceful about that. Really sad.
I was a moderator in that Q and A. Every single question in the text channel for Staff and Communications was about Torq. If we had asked each one of them, Aza would have still gave his speech, just broken up into separate answers. A lot of ppl had Torq related issues. Just saying.

As far as the Q and A goes, it was completed. It didn't stop after Aza left.
Azalya-Klementyne-Ophelia-Clover

Mystry
Suspended

Post#104 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Heladin wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:18 am <if you find this offensive and want to ban me can i get at least a warning so i can wave off my friends?>
The fact that you are even worried about this is indicative of the lack of trust and fear in the devs that many players seem to have.

Eathisword

Post#105 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:47 am

Darosh wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:14 am
So, you are fine with your name being directly assciated with harassment, the cover ups of said harassment, blatant powerplays and, now, what in essence is the abuse of an individual that suffers from mental health issues?

On the latter:
Why in god's name would you let Aza run into this? You dealt with him before, it doesn't take a **** degree in psychology to unterstand that this **** would backfire and that it has the potential to cause actual harm.

Are you serious?
Yeah... I won'T get involved in what's to come or what will be said about what happened. But this is important.

What we witnessed today and how it is being handled doesn't seem super healthy for a guy that suffered from depression not long ago... I hope those who have access will reach out to Aza.

No matter the consequences for this project, it is not worth letting a dude put his psychological well being on the line for it.

Doesn't take a freaking psychology degree indeed.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

covenn

Post#106 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am
Heladin wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:18 am <if you find this offensive and want to ban me can i get at least a warning so i can wave off my friends?>
The fact that you are even worried about this is indicative of the lack of trust and fear in the devs that many players seem to have.
+1

It is hard to have that discussion with any honesty about this reality when you know it will probably end with you getting banned .... no matter how civil you are. Vicious cycle of toxicity.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Onemantankwall

Post#107 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 am

Rynocerous wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:00 pm I'm pretty sure telling people who are spending time , effort and their own money that they suck because you don't like how they banned someone is not going to make anything 'better'.

Regardless of what else he said, if Az had serious concerns and issues with any of the staff, the proper place to discuss it shouldn't be a public Q&A chat about the future of the game. It should be discussed in private. If he was ignored then there are other avenues. But drama for the sake of drama is not in any way 'professional' -- anyone who thinks it is shows themselves as a whining petulant child.

I'm pretty disappointed at the community itself at this point. This is exactly what those code thieving cretins at APOC want, the devs fighting one another and the community taking sides. Focus on the game.
THIS X1000000 im neutral to all parties but #1 rule to being a leader is to not show weakness and Aza ranted like a 10 year old depressed emo kid! I love War and i love what EVERYONE brings to the game but I personally need my devs stable and professionly focused. And to other players remember the game and being a developer comes first in no way i expect a gm to kiss my butt and i understand and respect that!!! You should too!!!! The games fine the communities fine sucks about Aza but everyones replaceable, thanks everyone for the FREE yes players remember this is FREE game that you allow me to play and take part in see you on the battlefields WWWAAGGGHHHH! P.S. i REALLY appreciate the QnA continuing even after that mess happened took big orc kahoonas and thats well respected
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Cylwen

Post#108 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:52 am

Azalya wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 pm Would love to have it resolved peacefully, but the whole premise of the Q&A was lied about to the leadership, and they essentially setup an uninterrupted list of crimes then demanded Torque be removed.

I'm not sure what's peaceful about that. Really sad.
I was a moderator in that Q and A. Every single question in the text channel for Staff and Communications was about Torq. If we had asked each one of them, Aza would have still gave his speech, just broken up into separate answers. A lot of ppl had Torq related issues. Just saying.

As far as the Q and A goes, it was completed. It didn't stop after Aza left.
Well said Clover and thanks for your part.

Action needs to be taken in regards to this issue, because this game is important to so many people. Let's not waste all that creative energy and spirit that has created such an amazing immersive experience. We're all on a journey to see where this game will take us. Please take care to ensure that the journey is a safe one for all of us.
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#109 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 am
Rynocerous wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:00 pm I'm pretty sure telling people who are spending time , effort and their own money that they suck because you don't like how they banned someone is not going to make anything 'better'.

Regardless of what else he said, if Az had serious concerns and issues with any of the staff, the proper place to discuss it shouldn't be a public Q&A chat about the future of the game. It should be discussed in private. If he was ignored then there are other avenues. But drama for the sake of drama is not in any way 'professional' -- anyone who thinks it is shows themselves as a whining petulant child.

I'm pretty disappointed at the community itself at this point. This is exactly what those code thieving cretins at APOC want, the devs fighting one another and the community taking sides. Focus on the game.
THIS X1000000 im neutral to all parties but #1 rule to being a leader is to not show weakness and Aza ranted like a 10 year old depressed emo kid! I love War and i love what EVERYONE brings to the game but I personally need my devs stable and professionly focused. And to other players remember the game and being a developer comes first in no way i expect a gm to kiss my butt and i understand and respect that!!! You should too!!!! The games fine the communities fine sucks about Aza but everyones replaceable, thanks everyone for the FREE yes players remember this is FREE game that you allow me to play and take part in see you on the battlefields WWWAAGGGHHHH! P.S. i REALLY appreciate the QnA continuing even after that mess happened took big orc kahoonas and thats well respected
I listened to that qna and Aza didn't rant and he made it clear their was no other option for him as he'd apparently talked to the individual in question and other staff.

I agree, everyone is replaceble but it seems like an individual is protected at the cost of others and the project itself. We have lost Penril, Aza, numerous players and with a competing server it's becoming a serious issue. There are serious questions raised regarding an individual and the response tends to be shut up or be banned.
Alea iacta est

Tesq

Post#110 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:55 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:49 am

show no weakness is good thing but even other ppl respec is another one, you can show no wekness but also behave good enought ; you may then have fear or respect, both leads to diff conseguenges.

aza got respect as person , torque didnt and get fear; both of em picked their respecting road and are quite opposite in behaviour.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.