Recent Topics

Ads

Healer cap in Sc's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
davispeed
Game Artist

Re: Healer cap in Sc's

Post#21 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:43 am

Dont forget some ppl just dont give a flying F*** about other and only think about themself. Thats the kind of crap solo healer get in sc when they do their best to heal everyone(Good thing tho this sc didnt last long!). **SS on sept09 2018... Kinda ironic is in it?

]

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 am

pug sc just need a command so that anyone can swap to a default healer class in game like live monster play; so for exemple you swap into a healer rank 40 rr 35 and alredy build in a standard way; capped at = (enemy healers class - your healing class )

/swaphealer

ez...no need to force the handler into something...

the fact that is pug sc should not mean that 1 side should have a easy way kil the other for healers absence, the fact that is pug sc should not mean that no solution should be provided...any aspect of the game which is holed should be fill.

Telen
Suspended

Post#23 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:10 am

If you dont want to be without heals.
Option 1. Dont Queue
Option 2. Queue with a healer
Option 3. Roll a healer

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:50 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:47 am
poffo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:10 am The biggest probleme in pugs is that the team that looses dont get shait..That is what needs to be fixed..being in a sc fighting your ass off and getting 500 xp and 23 renown and the winning team getting 50k xp and 2500 renown gonna hurt the game alltogather....fix that and it wont be as hard loosing offent due to imbalanced teams...meaning something you cant control.
Dunno about you, but personally? Constant losing and getting minimal rewards would motivate me to make a group so as to stop it from happening all the time.
Is this your sollution to everything?
I would rather say that that the carrot argument have pretty much been proven to be ill functional and end up only really benefit those that were allready doing well. How many new premades have actually popped up due to the reward carrot?

The only principle I've seen working is that one of not allowing SC rewards be collected in ORVR or PVE rewards in SC's etz. This brings people to do them and shows that people only do things if they have to and it would actually be better to force premades rather then give options. The incentive doesn't work in general terms. The people who consider scenarios to be their main scene of the game may think it sounds like a good deal coz that in theory means more players for them to play against, but in aplication it far more complex.

People have bad confidence, are shy, just wan try things out for a min, don't wana commit, dislikes people, don't wana respec, lazy etz. There are tons of reasons why people don't wanna join premades as they could just pug.

Personally I think a better matchmaking system with role checks would be the better way to go then moast incentive. Sure, there's a bar of when the rewards are so absurdly high that you can't resist. The addition of BiS gear from SC on live showed this, but the cost was ridiculus gear grind and gear gaps that in the long run ended up killing the subs.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#25 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:18 pm

The problem is that the queue system seems not to work as it was meant to be.
Sometimes i simply want to play some Sc`s i don`t mind to loose an sc if i had a great fight.
BUT, i had Sc's with 5 Archmages everyone on dps and you could kill no one simply because they could even heal as **** .( i know this is a general balance thing)
In my eyes it would be better if there was a general Sc roster like 1-2 tanks 4-6 Dps melee and range, 3-4 healer at max( with class lock like 50% healer can be one class) . That would bring a huge amount of balance in my eyes but thats a suggestion and a quick idea too.

Nameless

Post#26 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 pm

I loved when pugs won over a premade. That was quite possible at live with 2-3 key high skill and rr members among the pug. To make that occure more often we need some sort of matchmaking system. At even matches you can learn new things, progress at "being farm scs" you learn only how to afk without being idle

Ps totaly agree with the post of ragefury
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Renork

Post#27 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:56 pm

A matchmaking system would be nice, but for now the only way to succeed is to get a group together. We also don't have the 1k+ population that we used to have to actually make it work (though I think once forts are released sometime next year? the population will increase again).

kweedko

Post#28 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Problem with healers on pug sc comes from change which banned leeching RR from heals, that's it. Bring back leeching and there will be healers.
Last edited by kweedko on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Loans

Post#29 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:17 pm

kweedko wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:01 pm Problem with healers on pug sc comes from change which baned leeching RR from heals, that's it. Bring back leeching and there will be healers.
THIS :mrgreen:

Arbich
Suspended

Post#30 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:20 pm

ragafury wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 am exclude duo from pug sc. assign duo's to the 2-2-2 bracket; it's a cheap way to farm tokens / rr, dodge grp'd pvp and farm totally ungrouped players. everybody has done that. no shame, but it's just cheap. if you roll in with max geared high RR chars, chances are pretty high that you have a 80% winratio. any bad intention to ruin this should be punished with a trip to moon once proof'd.
count 3x2, which would result in a matching 2-2-2 setup, as a premade to "punish" them for not forming a grp.

I agree with the no duos in pug-sc. I found it always strange that a scenario which is advertised as pug only allowed groups :roll:
ragafury wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 am q all solo: put me in the pug sc with some random grp setup OR if you assign me to the non pug sc's , put me at least in a 2-2-2; only match there pug + pug v pug + pug OR pug + pre v pug + pre OR pre v pre but not pug pug v pre pug etc.
First define what is a "premade". Not everyone queue as 6man. For me a "premade" is a group of 2-6 people queuing together for scenarios. So for example 4 BWs or engis queuing togehter are a premade.
Not even serious premades play necessarily in 2-2-2 setups. A group with dps-wp/dok would count as 2-1-3. Also a 1-3-2 with 2-3 rdps would be somewhat competitive. In general I think that the impact of specific group setups is overrated (in pug environment). If you lack in numbers of one archetype, means you have more of the other. So if you lack healers, you have more pressure through superior number of dps et cetera...

Rank and renown rank of the players and personal skill of the player have a bigger impact. And to consider this for scenario balance you would need some kind of elo system. You may even be forced to introduce some kind of handicap system (wounds debuff or whatever). Don´t think it is worth the effort or even possible.
ragafury wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 am redesign the scenario tiers;
anyway pointless atm.
T1: 1-15
T2 + T3: 16 - 39
T4: 40

grant 4th tactic slot at RR 32; bolster is crap for RvR at this point, and it doesn't really matter if it turns balance upside down in that particular bracket: face the truth, nobody cares about balance in the lower bracket SCs; and no offense, but underleveled tanks and DPS will barely have any meaningful impact in the T4 sc's (exceptions confirm the rule, but it's a very small number); usually they run around, leech and feed; even with the best intentions to help as much as they can while beeing busy learning there class, defacto they get carried (unless matched with baddies vs baddies, but that can't be the point were balance is made around). 50% of the doks / wp's are specced mdps to PvE grind, in general most classes are specced for PvE grind at that particular point, some don't even switch to better tactics and morales. it just lowers matchmaking quality for players at 40 in general, no matter if pug or 12v12 or even battle for praag.
Well either new bracket or 4th tactic slot for lvl32. No reason to buff lvl32+ when they fight against lvl 16+ anyway. I think 4th tactic slot for lvl 32 is a good idea. Low lvl mdps would be still a handicap for your team, but healers, rdps and tanks (with ruin set) might contribute to team victory.
ragafury wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 am imo I think every player is interested in less pops with higher quality and better PvP than chainloss 10 sc's or roflstomp 10 sc's in a row (yeah it's nice for the currency bag, but it's not satisfying gameplay, or is it? ;) ).
All your proposals (except for the "no duos in pug-sc" maybe) will increase queuing time. And while they would most likely improve the sc quality somewhat, I don´t think its worth the extra waiting time. Its still more important with whom you played than what class he played.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM