Recent Topics

Ads

Gunbad !!

Let's talk about... everything else
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Gunbad !!

Post#81 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Like combat starts, Ugle char does nothing and NPC targets him out of the blue?

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#82 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Oh, and another one: can it happen on each boss or happen just on a specific one?

Ugle

Post#83 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:14 pm Like combat starts, Ugle char does nothing and NPC targets him out of the blue?
Correct.

Positive confirmation on Solithex and pq spider+git

Possibly also on the big squig, was not so obvious on other bosses.

We did mid wing.
inactive

Hargrim
Developer

Post#84 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Ugle wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:21 pm
Hargrim wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:14 pm Like combat starts, Ugle char does nothing and NPC targets him out of the blue?
Correct.

Positive confirmation on Solithex and pq spider+git

Possibly also on the big squig, was not so obvious on other bosses.

We did mid wing.

Some NPCs pick random targets at start of the combat, regardless of taunt etc, but I will take a look at Solithex and see if that's the case here. Other than this I have no idea why that might have happen, I destroy aggro list each time NPC leaves combat.

Darosh
Banned

Post#85 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:09 pm Oh, and another one: can it happen on each boss or happen just on a specific one?

Midwing, it was most obvious and hard to deal with at the Spider/Git duo, other bosses and NPCs behaved a bit awkward but were manageable.

The Spider would slingshot to him (sometimes to the WP) within a fraction of a second upon being pulled, in spite of him being entirely idle. Ugle would also keep aggro until we taunted the Spider multiple times.
We eventually got the Spider to stick to me and properly seperate the bosses, however the Git kept ping-ponging for no good reason between both healers and offtank. There was no overheal, and detaunt was being used on CD as far as I can tell.

Did the Spider (and other NPCs by extension) receive a little tweak to combat reset-'tactics' that were fancied at the time of Gunbad's release and onwards?
I am rarely getting to run Gunbad, so I am a tad out of the loop as far as progression/tweaks go (e.g.: I can't for the life of me remember the last boss spawning these bone giants...).

Hargrim
Developer

Post#86 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Darosh wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:30 pm Did the Spider (and other NPCs by extension) receive a little tweak to combat reset-'tactics' that were fancied at the time of Gunbad's release and onwards?
I am rarely getting to run Gunbad, so I am a tad out of the loop as far as progression/tweaks go (e.g.: I can't for the life of me remember the last boss spawning these bone giants...).

There were some changes to the way aggro behaves, most recent one should go live on next patch.

Also, what period are you talking about? Last week? Last month? Last year?

Sigimund

Post#87 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:58 pm

What did you change about aggro?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#88 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Sigimund wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:58 pm What did you change about aggro?

When?

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#89 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 pm
Darosh wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:30 pm Did the Spider (and other NPCs by extension) receive a little tweak to combat reset-'tactics' that were fancied at the time of Gunbad's release and onwards?

There were some changes to the way aggro behaves, most recent one should go live on next patch.

Works been a bitch lately, so I can only give a very vague span of the past two-three months.
I know for certain that (in particular) the spider - and trash for that matter - has been a cakewalk before, even with pick up groups.
The only wing that was consistently a mess during the past few months was the right wing, the left wing had a rather fluctating nature to it - at times things were randomly oneshotting party members or behaved rather erratic aggro-wise, whereas at other times it behaved 'normal' (as in: as one would expect from a dungeon in a MMO.
Mid wing used to be the most stable, neither a consistent mess nor fluctating - 'normal'ish bar very rare inexplicable oneshots from trash, atleast in my experience.

All in all the dungeon is manageable, even with the issue I've encountered ... provided the party's moral isn't easily crushed by inexplicable incidents.

I used to run Gunbad semi-semi-regularly with a pocket-Slayer of mine, and even tho we managed to bring a group of atleast four regulars the runs were quite a struggle depending on when we ran (= when the last patch dropped), we eventually called it indefinitely upon encountering left wing's oneshot-shenanigans in two consecutive runs.

Mind you, I don't mean to trash your efforts to reinvigorate PvE in this game, it's just that, in my experience so far things have been rather difficault to calculate ('[have to] spend <???> in a dungeon that might spazz out or spend <personally fancied time> pewpew'ing in the lakes'); e.g.: the wounds debuff thing forced us to call the mid wing run early this week, in PvP this issue is manageable ~ in instanced PvE it's gamebreaking.

May I inquire as to whether it's possible to split the backend of things for PvP and PvE respectively? It appears to me that most of the effort you folks put into the PvE bits are indirectly, unintentionally undone every few patches in.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#90 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:09 pm

Spoiler:
Darosh wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 pm
Hargrim wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Works been a bitch lately, so I can only give a very vague span of the past two-three months.
I know for certain that (in particular) the spider - and trash for that matter - has been a cakewalk before, even with pick up groups.
The only wing that was consistently a mess during the past few months was the right wing, the left wing had a rather fluctating nature to it - at times things were randomly oneshotting party members or behaved rather erratic aggro-wise, whereas at other times it behaved 'normal' (as in: as one would expect from a dungeon in a MMO.
Mid wing used to be the most stable, neither a consistent mess nor fluctating - 'normal'ish bar very rare inexplicable oneshots from trash, atleast in my experience.

All in all the dungeon is manageable, even with the issue I've encountered ... provided the party's moral isn't easily crushed by inexplicable incidents.

I used to run Gunbad semi-semi-regularly with a pocket-Slayer of mine, and even tho we managed to bring a group of atleast four regulars the runs were quite a struggle depending on when we ran (= when the last patch dropped), we eventually called it indefinitely upon encountering left wing's oneshot-shenanigans in two consecutive runs.

Mind you, I don't mean to trash your efforts to reinvigorate PvE in this game, it's just that, in my experience so far things have been rather difficault to calculate ('[have to] spend <???> in a dungeon that might spazz out or spend <personally fancied time> pewpew'ing in the lakes'); e.g.: the wounds debuff thing forced us to call the mid wing run early this week, in PvP this issue is manageable ~ in instanced PvE it's gamebreaking.

May I inquire as to whether it's possible to split the backend of things for PvP and PvE respectively? It appears to me that most of the effort you folks put into the PvE bits are indirectly, unintentionally undone every few patches in.

I guess another 2-3 runs of Q&A runs on dev would be nice to have to find any issues. You are quite vague in what you describe, so I probably won't be able to find out what exactly is happening there without those runs. The oneshoting thing you mentioned is news to be, wounds debuff should be fixed as stated before. Aggro, during test runs and my internal checks was behaving how I expected it to behave, so that's another tough thing to fix, if there is fix needed.

Backend is too complicated to allow split for pvp and pve parts - both run on the same abilities engine and if some abilities act weird (oneshoting?) or overperform it's best to report those on bugtracker and ask for them to be assigned to me and Grunbag.

The custom AI behavior of NPCs (scripts) is separated from other parts of code, so there is that.