Recent Topics

Ads

What classes should I target? Need tips.

Let's talk about... everything else
Einherja

Re: What classes should I target? Need tips.

Post#11 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:47 am

Healer -> DPS -> Tanks( if they doesen't already died by being useless ;))
Und most important -> assist!

Greetz

Ads
Panodil

Post#12 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:36 am

Kill enemy dps first. If you get close to healer try his defense whit a few hits. Most of the time they are tankier than the tanks.
Number one target is ofc unguarded dps dok/wp
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:44 am

If you are in a pug situation:

Go for the frontline DPS first. It doesn't make any sense to push past their tanks and DPS - who will undoubtedly go for your exposed backline - just to try and hit on a healer. It's also incredibly unlikely that you will get many people assisting eachother, so 9 times out of 10 you will have 2 people focusing a healer, while the others focus another healer, or DPS, or tank...etc. - rendering the whole endeavour pointless and, usually, resulting in the deaths of your own (exposed) backline.

Naturally this rule changes if you find Magi/Sorc exposed and within reach: due to their aoe pressure (which can be devastating in pug environments - particularly that of Magus), you'll want to nullify their pressure ASAP.

Healers should only be dealt with: a) if they are exposed and positioned badly (so you aren't going out of your way to catch them, leaving their DPS to hit your backlines); b) if sufficient number of enemy DPS have been nullified.

If you are in a premade situation:

You will want to focus on securing a kill against a DPS first. Witch Hunter/WE/Slayer/Choppa take precedence over WL/Marauder - due to the latter being much tougher and not putting out as much pressure as the former (burst aside, which can be dealt with in a premade encounter). You'll probably want to focus the offensive tank before trying to deal with a good Marauder (Inikah on Marauder is more tanky than conventional offtank, for example).

Only when one of the DPS is killed should you start pushing forward to healers: with one DPS dead, the enemy team should not have enough pressure to secure a kill against your group which serves as an opportune moment for you to try and secure the win by shutting down their healers.

just my 2c.

Reesh

Post#14 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 am

Two people brought up the point that healers should be focused first.
If there is more then one healer on an sc, that's the worst you can do.

No wonder that some scs and the pug one especially, can be so terrible.

Telen
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:16 am

Whoever is unguarded or had tank stripped. dd or healer.

Telperien

Post#16 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:44 am If you are in a pug situation:
Naturally this rule changes if you find Magi exposed and within reach: due to his aoe pressure (which can be devastating in pug environments - particularly that of Magus), you'll want to nullify their pressure ASAP.
No, no, no, you NEVER should focus Magus. Its fluff dmg that only proc different stuff, just forget Magus.
pls forget magus
Slacking (checking out EvE)

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Telperien wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:44 am If you are in a pug situation:
Naturally this rule changes if you find Magi exposed and within reach: due to his aoe pressure (which can be devastating in pug environments - particularly that of Magus), you'll want to nullify their pressure ASAP.
No, no, no, you NEVER should focus Magus. Its fluff dmg that only proc different stuff, just forget Magus.
pls forget magus
not sure if banter or not, but a well-played magus is literally the deadliest class in pug environments :lol:

tazdingo

Post#18 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:24 pm

just go for the maintank first. let your enemies know you're not **** around

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Reesh wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 am Two people brought up the point that healers should be focused first.
If there is more then one healer on an sc, that's the worst you can do.

No wonder that some scs and the pug one especially, can be so terrible.
People say this a dozen times in t1 sc. No surprise so many in t4 play with this mindset.
Dying is no option.

adamthelc

Post#20 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:12 pm

In most cases you go for whoever will die the fastest. Other people have provided tips for locating who that is, but it ultimately it depends on the situation so you need to have awareness and an understanding of the game.

If no one is dying quickly or there is someone on the other team wrecking you with heals or dps, you could swap to them if putting lots of pressure on them will significantly impact their performance.

But generally you want to go whoever will die fastest, regardless of who they are, to get a numbers imbalance in your favor.