Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Snoxx

Re: Client Changelog 01/09/2018

Post#111 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:32 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:04 am
Shaman

Core
- Yer Not So Bad now has no cost, but requires a Blessing on target. It will consume that Blessing to restore 60 AP immediately and then steal an additional 90 AP over 9 seconds.
- Yer Not So Bad now builds damage-related Waaagh! and consumes heal-related Waaaagh! to gain 25% strikethrough.

Drain Magic and Yer Not So Bad are likely to be controversial. I felt that consuming a Blessing was reliable given that the four other healers throw Blessing around liberally, and I wanted to ensure that the tool is reliable for healers while taking a hit for DPS and in very small scale.

This change just made the wounds buff from Warrior Priests grace tree ("Sigmar's Grace") totally worthless.

Because it's range got nerfed from 100 ft to something like 20 or 30 ft, you cannot re-buff your group in combat. To refresh that buff on your group members, they have to gather around your Warrior Priest, stop moving and wait until you finish the cast. Needless to say, once there is a fight going on, it's simply impossible to refresh that buff on group members. Everyone who is moving will be out of range when you finish your cast.

The tiny range was already a problem before this patch, but pre-patch you could expect the buff to last several minutes. So it was fine if you only buffed your group at the beginning of a scenario or when the warband re-groups somewhere (even then you had to move around and cast it multiple times to cover all your group members, but it was doable).

Now the wounds buff only lasts for a few seconds before some shaman removes it. There is no point in using a 60 minute group buff that gets removed within seconds and cannot be refreshed on your group members.

If the new blessing-removals stay in the game, the range of "Sigmar's Grace" really, really needs to be restored to 100 ft again.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#112 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:05 am

Snoxx wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:32 pm
Shaman

Core
- Yer Not So Bad now has no cost, but requires a Blessing on target. It will consume that Blessing to restore 60 AP immediately and then steal an additional 90 AP over 9 seconds.
- Yer Not So Bad now builds damage-related Waaagh! and consumes heal-related Waaaagh! to gain 25% strikethrough.

Drain Magic and Yer Not So Bad are likely to be controversial. I felt that consuming a Blessing was reliable given that the four other healers throw Blessing around liberally, and I wanted to ensure that the tool is reliable for healers while taking a hit for DPS and in very small scale.

This change just made the wounds buff from Warrior Priests grace tree ("Sigmar's Grace") totally worthless.

Because it's range got nerfed from 100 ft to something like 20 or 30 ft, you cannot re-buff your group in combat. To refresh that buff on your group members, they have to gather around your Warrior Priest, stop moving and wait until you finish the cast. Needless to say, once there is a fight going on, it's simply impossible to refresh that buff on group members. Everyone who is moving will be out of range when you finish your cast.

The tiny range was already a problem before this patch, but pre-patch you could expect the buff to last several minutes. So it was fine if you only buffed your group at the beginning of a scenario or when the warband re-groups somewhere (even then you had to move around and cast it multiple times to cover all your group members, but it was doable).

Now the wounds buff only lasts for a few seconds before some shaman removes it. There is no point in using a 60 minute group buff that gets removed within seconds and cannot be refreshed on your group members.

If the new blessing-removals stay in the game, the range of "Sigmar's Grace" really, really needs to be restored to 100 ft again.
Cooldowns that were added to a plethora of other partybuffs also need to be removed, it's completely pointless to even apply a lot of them atm.
Rip Phalanx

ashton007

Post#113 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:14 am

Snoxx wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:32 pm
Shaman

Core

I agree, something this high in the grace tree shouldnt be as worthless and easy to counter as it is. Hopefully theres plans for change here.

Arteker616

Post#114 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:44 am

u keep realy hittin the hammer on regard the black ork without adressing alot of the problems the class has .
is there any point of the changes u doing to the class adressing the problems the class have at all?, u just seem trying fancy reworks on abilitys wich provide not much benefeit or help at all for the problems the class have while trying to give them dissaventages no other class on the game, im not sure, but is there any other class in game wich got skill with direct drawbacks as the bork has at all?. i only can think of the slayer choppa , ws -ini debuff to be honest.

Realy you think a 10% dmg reduction on wez bigger gonna solve the issues the bork has to keep up with other tanks on regard to provide a tank wich can actualy survive to the main skill all tanks have wich is the guard function.Because thats like savin ma hide but even worse (and after alot of testing it still not even work properly at all)
So far im kinda dissapointed u realy taking alot of work for the sm and trying to improve it but every time the bork is touched is for the worse or changes dont make sense at all. like the old change of tie a cd decreaser to a CC skill wich u usualy wanna keep for the right time, or the direct destruction of the bruiser bork spec withoput provide anything to replace it at all .

As u mentioned on the patch changes, with potions the bork has 3 redundant armour increase buffs wich are rendered useles, ur main defensive ability (wich sm got core) gets nerfed and make it hard as imposible to actualy use it to mitigate the guard damage since u cannot keep up with ur guarded character and provide reliable assist to him like other tanks can do.

You wot was heralded as a tool for adress these problems but it still has been reworked now like 3 times and still drawbacks dont compensante a ability of such cost.

this isnt a rant or criticism from a angry player, i just realy wish the bork would actualy see interesting changes to help a very badly nerfed class on live and wich seems is gettin even more poundin with every patch we get on ror and sinkin hard .

Skitup

Post#115 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:12 am

I really do miss the Bruiser spec tbh. was my go-to Bork build and really the damage was fine with the survivalbility with can't hit me and was really good for offtanking and providing assist damage. That's just how i ran my BO. And I run 2h lots more now and it's ok but still not ideal for tanking I run snb for any premades we do. Just my 2 cents.
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

Azarael

Post#116 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:31 am

On BO: I don't take responsibility for the class. I voice an opinion when asked about it, but ultimately I do not know the class very well, and I have not made changes to it specifically. If I touch BO it's because I touched a mirror skill on SM.

The change to incoming damage is credited to me because a decision had been made to mirror We'z Bigger to BO, and since it mirrors Vaul's Tempering, I changed that as well.

Tesq

Post#117 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 pm

More than address BO problems keep goin was changed even before the dedicated balance thread was even decided upon, balance thread as always is a joke which get bypass everytime as penril said some time ago....

Then some ppl have the audacity to ask for feedback when balace proposal moved into discussion and waiting.for pendinflg review get /ignored...

MayoDaen78

Post#118 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Just wondering, did the devs fix Heavens Blade proc? At one time I could see, when the blade enchant proc, it applies the buff to my SM and the group, but last night I was in the sc, and it seems the HB now only proc to the SM. Anyone has similar experience ?
I used buffhead add on so I could see the buffs clearly, the other blade enchant NB and PB work perfectly fine as they buff the group and the SM
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
Athergic

Post#119 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 pm More than address BO problems keep goin was changed even before the dedicated balance thread was even decided upon, balance thread as always is a joke which get bypass everytime as penril said some time ago....

Then some ppl have the audacity to ask for feedback when balace proposal moved into discussion and waiting.for pendinflg review get /ignored...
Pending review looks like a graveyard for player ideas unfortunately :(
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Wdova

Post#120 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 am

Any eta on next patch for kobs/chosen?

In trade of pairing crit debuff to arcing swing would be great to making:

A) Arcing swing undefendable
B) Staggering impact undefendbale which makes arcing swing application less problematic

One would say there is parry thru gear. Yes but it require BIs in game(imperator set, 4 piece dominator, 3 piece off genesys), which means balls deep in offensive sets, just to be able to apply 1 skill each 10 seconds)

Kobs was made as an utility tank with trash dmg. Utility slowly vanishing, getting nerfed or making hard to apply/maintain, while trash dmg persist.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+