Recent Topics

Ads

Client Changelog 01/09/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
navis

Re: Client Changelog 01/09/2018

Post#61 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:17 pm

I also humbly echo the opinion that changes such as the last two patches of 'changes en masse' are not the way to achieve a state of good balance. I sense it will only alienate core players more, regardless if the developers are "confident" in themselves.

Ads
OgiWanBG

Post#62 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:24 pm

I really dont understand the Enchanted Arrows and Rapid Fire update, why with the adjustment of using Glass Arrow and removed Skirmish stance ?
Last edited by OgiWanBG on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

catholicism198

Post#63 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:28 pm

WarriorOfAlliance wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:33 pm
Spoiler:
Its really look like there no any plan how its must be look in late stage of game, how classes must cooperate each other e.c.t. Look like balance depends of sitation and of current point of view who doing it. With some of your actions you destroy core mechancs of game and how it work with each other. Press the assasult was not op aura its aura was for "DPS" spec for WB for get more crit for allies (on live it was good for dueling too or solo fun spec or preamde grp). On live it no reqrue 2h so it was more op than now but you alredy nerf it for only 2h use, now you nerf it again because before it work arounf you in 30 feets and permamnently. In 2h spec in RoR you can stay in middle of battle in def spec and you WB can bomb near you so it was good tactics decision now its destroyed because now you must hit with this ability but you can miss and crit would work with Swing also he have CD and work only in 25 feet in cone so its huge nerf i say it almost destoyed. Focused melding was not op tactic also lol its good mostly for WB and not give you big advantage. Rest auras also uses depend of situatuin and build. Like heal reduction aura can if i have it trun it on when i need it ofc i can like example when near heals, same for others orders. AP drain tactics good, ofc it is e.c.t. So you use tactics with auras depends of build and you use auras depends of situation now its huge nerf for crit tactic. So mostly you not use auras with tactics at same time you use on of them depends of spec. Also kotbs (and chosen ofc) was one of classes with uniqe mechnic, what for needed implementate resourses like other class have, people who need mirrors less than who dont need it. Also we have all time nerf order but not destro seems chosens have protection from they gods. I think many people support me in common idea.
Press the Attack! wasn't nerfed for the sake of nerfing it- it was to balance it out with the other auras for when they apply the new rework.

Emperor's Champion, on the other hand, was nerfed....nerfed hard too. Stats AND duration were both reduced...
Gangan wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:10 pm I'm sooo excited to see what happens when Kotbs/chosen get their remake, first of all because I'm curios to see what you have in your wicked mind for those classes and second as the complaining already started, it could be as entertaining as the WL changes and the "reactions" :twisted: :D
Looks like it might just be a variation of the Righteous Fury/Soul Essence mechanic, where you have to actively participate in combat to keep Mrymidia's Blessings full to power your auras.

Hopefully they get rid of the whole toggle cd thing. It's so annoying. Especially for bolstered players.

If you use flee the flames behind the griffin and the tips of its wings change color like a sorc's orb.

WarriorOfAlliance

Post#64 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:28 pm
WarriorOfAlliance wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:33 pm
Spoiler:
Its really look like there no any plan how its must be look in late stage of game, how classes must cooperate each other e.c.t. Look like balance depends of sitation and of current point of view who doing it. With some of your actions you destroy core mechancs of game and how it work with each other. Press the assasult was not op aura its aura was for "DPS" spec for WB for get more crit for allies (on live it was good for dueling too or solo fun spec or preamde grp). On live it no reqrue 2h so it was more op than now but you alredy nerf it for only 2h use, now you nerf it again because before it work arounf you in 30 feets and permamnently. In 2h spec in RoR you can stay in middle of battle in def spec and you WB can bomb near you so it was good tactics decision now its destroyed because now you must hit with this ability but you can miss and crit would work with Swing also he have CD and work only in 25 feet in cone so its huge nerf i say it almost destoyed. Focused melding was not op tactic also lol its good mostly for WB and not give you big advantage. Rest auras also uses depend of situatuin and build. Like heal reduction aura can if i have it trun it on when i need it ofc i can like example when near heals, same for others orders. AP drain tactics good, ofc it is e.c.t. So you use tactics with auras depends of build and you use auras depends of situation now its huge nerf for crit tactic. So mostly you not use auras with tactics at same time you use on of them depends of spec. Also kotbs (and chosen ofc) was one of classes with uniqe mechnic, what for needed implementate resourses like other class have, people who need mirrors less than who dont need it. Also we have all time nerf order but not destro seems chosens have protection from they gods. I think many people support me in common idea.
Press the Attack! wasn't nerfed for the sake of nerfing it- it was to balance it out with the other auras for when they apply the new rework.

Emperor's Champion, on the other hand, was nerfed....nerfed hard too. Stats AND duration were both reduced...
Gangan wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:10 pm I'm sooo excited to see what happens when Kotbs/chosen get their remake, first of all because I'm curios to see what you have in your wicked mind for those classes and second as the complaining already started, it could be as entertaining as the WL changes and the "reactions" :twisted: :D
Looks like it might just be a variation of the Righteous Fury/Soul Essence mechanic, where you have to actively participate in combat to keep Mrymidia's Blessings full to power your auras.

Hopefully they get rid of the whole toggle cd thing. It's so annoying. Especially for bolstered players.

If you use flee the flames behind the griffin and the tips of its wings change color like a sorc's orb.
It was about what Azarael say auras was OP not about future states of auras. You not see the point (point is they was not OP). So because of that i fear future changes of kotbs.

catholicism198

Post#65 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:46 pm

WarriorOfAlliance wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pm It was about what Azarael say auras was OP not about future states of auras. You not see the point (point is they was not OP). So because of that i fear future changes of kotbs.
No, I think you misunderstood- he said that the change was made because of the rework, not because it was currently over-performing.
He wants all the auras to be balanced with one another, for the rework, and not have tactics that make some auras better than others.

They should just make Staggering Impact a core Conquest ability, move Shining Blade to Glory- since it's a group buff/bolstering ability, which is the purpose of Glory- move Shatter Confidence to core- like ALL other shatter abilities- and convert Overpowering Swing into a 13 point ability.
I mean, Staggering Impact* and Overpowering Swing are both essentially cross-mirrors of Blackguard's Furious Howl* and Crimson Death.

*Kobts deals slightly more damage, but is dot based, and has a longer CD.

I do hope they buff Conquest's overall damage, considering the nerfs the KoBts has gotten.

Azarael

Post#66 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm

I've been hearing criticism from some people about the rate of changes, and I'll be brutally honest, as I always am.

What it sounds like to me is that the people saying it can't criticise me (much) on the content of any given change, so they are resorting to criticising me on the rate of change.

I'm sorry, but it's how I'm reading it, partly because most of the people doing that hold a more conservative balance/design viewpoint. If the changes are bad, that's one thing. But complaining about the rate of progress in and of itself?

Mythic themselves did patch more infrequently than I do, but their changelogs were also bigger than mine and each changelog would therefore have a greater impact on state than one of mine. I don't accept the argument.

Nevertheless, with the Q&A coming up and necessary backend work that needs doing, the next patch won't change balance much, if at all. I don't want the Q&A to be tainted by the response to that rework. But I felt I needed to address that point.

WarriorOfAlliance

Post#67 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:04 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:46 pm
WarriorOfAlliance wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pm It was about what Azarael say auras was OP not about future states of auras. You not see the point (point is they was not OP). So because of that i fear future changes of kotbs.
No, I think you misunderstood- he said that the change was made because of the rework, not because it was currently over-performing.
He wants all the auras to be balanced with one another, for the rework, and not have tactics that make some auras better than others.

They should just make Staggering Impact a core Conquest ability, move Shining Blade to Glory- since it's a group buff/bolstering ability, which is the purpose of Glory- move Shatter Confidence to core- like ALL other shatter abilities- and convert Overpowering Swing into a 13 point ability.
I mean, Staggering Impact* and Overpowering Swing are both essentially cross-mirrors of Blackguard's Furious Howl* and Crimson Death.

*Kobts deals slightly more damage, but is dot based, and has a longer CD.

I do hope they buff Conquest's overall damage, considering the nerfs the KoBts has gotten.

Read plz again what write Azarael
Azarael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:21 pm
scatterthewinds wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:03 pm
Azarael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:44 am
there cannot be a tactic which then makes one more powerful than the rest, and that will apply for Focused Mending as well.

WarriorOfAlliance

Post#68 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Azarael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm I've been hearing criticism from some people about the rate of changes, and I'll be brutally honest, as I always am.

What it sounds like to me is that the people saying it can't criticise me (much) on the content of any given change, so they are resorting to criticising me on the rate of change.

I'm sorry, but it's how I'm reading it, partly because most of the people doing that hold a more conservative balance/design viewpoint. If the changes are bad, that's one thing. But complaining about the rate of progress in and of itself?

Mythic themselves did patch more infrequently than I do, but their changelogs were also bigger than mine and each changelog would therefore have a greater impact on state than one of mine. I don't accept the argument.

Nevertheless, with the Q&A coming up and necessary backend work that needs doing, the next patch won't change balance much, if at all. I don't want the Q&A to be tainted by the response to that rework. But I felt I needed to address that point.
It not because i wanna say somthing bad its because me and not only me fear what kotbs will be downbalanced like some happend with other classes. Its good what we have changes alltime good but not all things in some opinions (ofc ppl understand this is alpha). Some of my freinds alredy drop they WL and chnage classes or drop game on some time. It was awsome if we have some point of wiew of future balnace how classes could be work, not necessary how they be work but possible, some roadmap maybe ofc with note all can change e.c.t. We understand Dev do hard work and we thank you to that. Order need some protection too not only destro.
Last edited by WarriorOfAlliance on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Gangan

Post#69 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Azarael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm
Spoiler:
I've been hearing criticism from some people about the rate of changes, and I'll be brutally honest, as I always am.

I don't get why people are so annoyed by the amount of changes. Of course 3-4 more or less reworked classes in a few weeks is a big bite to take, but as all classes influence each other and the game as a whole. Being so, it would be a potential source of imbalances.
I'm sure in the end it will turn out damn great after all classes have been either reworked or have been tweaked and have found their role in the new concept.

Personally I'm eager for each Saturday to see the changes and patch notes 😁
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Darosh
Banned

Post#70 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Azarael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:57 pm I'm sorry, but it's how I'm reading it, partly because most of the people doing that hold a more conservative balance/design viewpoint. If the changes are bad, that's one thing. But complaining about the rate of progress in and of itself?
Spoiler:
One leads to the other - take a step back and look at the changes; their frequency, the reverts, the various aspects touched on at once, the conflicts with old changes issued before your comeback.
Then ask yourself what you'd think if you'd see someone operate like that within the first few weeks of getting back to a WIP-environment, how much confidence you'd have in the individuals ability to gauge the impact of w/e is being introduced.

Changes avoidance formulas, changing morale rates, rolling out broad changes to classes (mostly in the drip-down fashion you've spoken out against yourself) and tampering with backend stuff all at once ~ reverting some changes within days if not hours because of initial community backlash or gut feeling(?), others because you didn't inquire as to what you are changing is a default state or has already been revised (e.g.: Engi magnet). Furthermore, ducttape fixes like the strikethrough approach or the change to buffs to circumvent the mess that is the stacking hierachy. Also, conflicting and contradictory statements - e.g.:
You dislike spellbreaker being entirely dependant on a tactic, turn around make two masteries entirely dependant on one tactic (2h requires Violent Impacts to be remotely playable Violent Impacts, ST dw requires Violent Impacts to make the new filler in Trollslayer [PA] useable to begin with).

Just to be clear, I appreciate your efforts - alot -, but I'd be surprised if by the end of the year any of the changes introduced on a whim right now are still relevant or if there is any consistency left in the overarching design of the game (i.e.: swiss knife approach), let alone that any concept has been worked out if things continue this way.
Imo, you'd be better of sitting back for however long you need to develop plans and concepts, then roll them out in their entirety class by class, format by format, and edge towards a stable state (e.g.: rework backends, then more intricate things like buff hierachy and whatnot, then tackle inconsistencies, rework garbage tactics across the classes and then rework classes in a more tidy manner).

Now mind you, I don't know you personally, so by default I am ought to consider you to be the potentially most lovely chap walking this earth - my gibberish and tantrums are expressions of dissatification with how things are handled, there are no hard feelings against you, or anyone else, for that matter.
TLDR:
How do you expect to find inconsistencies and bugs in say the backend shenanigans, if things are changed so rapidly?
I think you'd do yourself a favor if you stopped trying to please everyone and react within short notice to input sit back and craft a concept, then implement it.
Last edited by Darosh on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.