Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
soliticks

White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Post#1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Disregard
Last edited by soliticks on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Ads
AxelF

Re: White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Post#2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:00 pm

These changes have been out how long?

Azarael

Post#3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:02 pm

I think we're going to have to put a ban on performing """analysis""" of a class within the first 7 days of its having been changed.

Especially if you're going to:

a) comment on 1v1 as if it matters one bit (it doesn't and never will)
b) omit the changes that are tooltipped on Call War Lion regarding the pet's survivability
c) not actually test the pet's survivability or even bother throwing getstats on it
d) ignore that I have to be conservative with major reworks because people get even more angry about OP than they do about UP

You're not helping by making posts like this. At all.

Gmaw

Post#4 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:21 pm

I'm out shopping with my daughter so can't play yet. Please tell me loner spec is still ok

Edit. Pounce is 13 point ability now you say? Ouch!

soliticks

Post#5 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:02 pm I think we're going to have to put a ban on performing """analysis""" of a class within the first 7 days of its having been changed.

Especially if you're going to:

a) comment on 1v1 as if it matters one bit (it doesn't and never will)
b) omit the changes that are tooltipped on Call War Lion regarding the pet's survivability
c) not actually test the pet's survivability or even bother throwing getstats on it
d) ignore that I have to be conservative with major reworks because people get even more angry about OP than they do about UP

You're not helping by making posts like this. At all.
I wasn't trying to be inflammatory. Just my thoughts on paper. I'll test after I catch up on the sleep I lost looking through the changes. I missed the tooltip on call lion.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Lileldys

Post#6 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Gmaw wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:21 pm I'm out shopping with my daughter so can't play yet. Please tell me loner spec is still ok

Edit. Pounce is 13 point ability now you say? Ouch!
To point out, the Thin the Herd is now an Incoming Healdebuff, so you choose between Inc HD or increased mobility. I like this.

Its more to mirror to Marauders stance dancing, with skills limited to each stance, rather than having every bit of burst with a simple 3 button press. Now you need to swap stance for armour debuff and stance to go back for a Co-Ord and Cull, adding a bit more depth to the play.

Although when I played, swapping the stances didn't change the hotbars like it does on SW/Mara?

Nameless

Post#7 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:01 pm

I dont play wl and these changes doesnt concern me much but wl become the only class having 2 mechanics aka pet mechanic and stance mechanics and that looks abit wierd inst it
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Maras have been stance dancing for a decade, you can do it as well.
All the good ST stuff can now be reached by speccing KD-Arm debuff on left, then classic midtree burst stuff, but now even including Lionine Frenze there... oh no, Pounce has now a high opportunity cost at 13pts and now more cheap easy pick for every spec, you take it anyway for ST purposes because it has best mobility grant in the game.

Your ST spec got buffed, your AoE utility arsenal is buffed and awesome, and the only cost was your ability to win 1v1 and 1v2 and 1v3 and 1v4 fights with the retardedly OP Guardian max tank max selfheal spec where you turtled and outhealed tanks to death... oh no. :(

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Not a WL expert!

Whats the reason for the change from outgoing to incoming healdebuff?
While incoming healdebuff is usually better, outgoing has it uses.
For BW+WL team incoming healdebuff is great, but so is pounce. now you won´t getting both?
For SW+WL second one don´t need healdebuff (SW healdebuff is so strong, everyone should spec it)
For SL+WL I don´t know. Has the Slayer some viable options, if he is not forced to spec the healdebuff?
For WH+WL I think the left tree of WH (Confession) is usually not worth in group play, so WL don´t need to spec healdebuff.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

oaliaen

Post#10 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:44 pm

I tihnk WL are finally pretty much balanced for the greater good of the sv.