Recent Topics

Ads

Client Changelog 19th August

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gaunt2005

Re: Client Changelog 19th August

Post#141 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Man, sometimes I feel sorry for the developers. EVERYTHING is picked apart and analyzed, and often enough... criticized.

Ads
Theseus

Post#142 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Gaunt2005 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm Man, sometimes I feel sorry for the developers. EVERYTHING is picked apart and analyzed, and often enough... criticized.
I think that much is to be expected. What I dislike is the tone some of my fellow players employ. It is at times rather rude.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

gotharg

Post#143 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:19 pm
Witch Hunter

General
- The cooldown of Incognito is now 35s instead of 30s.
- The cooldown of Incognito will be reduced by 1 second for every enemy within 100 feet when its effect is broken.
- Modified the tooltip of Incognito to better indicate how stealth works.
- Added a new tactic, Hastened Expurgation. Grants a 50% speed bonus when in Incognito and reduces the cast time by 1 second, but reduces the duration to 3 seconds.

Condition "when its effect is broken" makes it dead function just to pretend that nerf is improvement.

catholicism198

Post#144 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 pm

Theseus wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:35 pm
Gaunt2005 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm Man, sometimes I feel sorry for the developers. EVERYTHING is picked apart and analyzed, and often enough... criticized.
I think that much is to be expected. What I dislike is the tone some of my fellow players employ. It is at times rather rude.
I feel that criticizing is part of human nature. Some people are a bit rude. Hopefully I never come off as that- I feel that I provide constructive criticism for the most part, but some changes just don't make any sense what so ever.
-
Aside from the Magus/Squig changes,
Another change that doesn't make sense to me is swapping the mastery of Strafing Run and Phosphorous Shells, because Strafing Run is an AE knock back for a mid range ae mastery meant to keep the enemies at bay. Heck, I was even going to see if they could bring the Magus' ae knock back to help that mastery. A Rifleman would never use SR, since they're always ~150 ft away from the enemy and if one gets too close, they'll use their single target knock back. The only real issue people had with those two abilities was the type of damage they dealt.
I thought moving Snipe/Bolt of Change to the 15 point slot and Firestorm/Phosphorous shells made more sense when they did it, since it allowed for mid range Changing/Grenadier to get another ae ability or get a defensive/heal ability and move the Mastery paths main ability to the top of the path, like all other mastery paths.

My Magus doesn't even have to touch Changing now.

peterthepan3

Post#145 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Strafing Run is just a bad ability in and of itself, and Phosphorous Shells - a corporeal aoe dot - simply makes more sense in Grenade tree. SR was moved (I dare say) while other options/potential avenues are deiberated; I sincerely doubt SR will be kept in its current form indefinitely as its just a terrible ability (I am so thankful Magus doesn't have it). It's also another CC immunity giver.

And I dunno about you, but if I were in a WB/AOE 6man with an AoE Sorc during a Keep Defense, I can't honestly think of a better spec to rake in the renown/kills (while at a distance) than Changing: Panda + Glean + Flamer + Mist + Firestorm = p o t e n t t t midrange aoe DPS. Pair it with a DPS Zealot for AOE HD and watch pugs melt. Sure, Rift will provide more PBAOE burst...but that requires being in the frontlines and having a tank; Changing allows Magi to stay in the back while dishing out solid AOE DPS - facilitating to a different playstyle. We would do well not to underestimate the value of Firestorm's snare, too, which is incredibly potent if part of a RDPS 6-man - both in sc and rvr.

catholicism198

Post#146 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:42 pm

As I said, it made more sense as a 9 point ability. They just had to strip away all the bells and whistles they added.

RE: Bolt of Change/Snipe
The best ability in the mastery shouldn't be so easily accessible.

SR is only "bad" because it's not very effective during keep defenses, when the opposing team is defending the outer/inner door.

Azarael

Post#147 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm

gotharg wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:05 pm
Witch Hunter

General
- The cooldown of Incognito will be reduced by 1 second for every enemy within 100 feet when its effect is broken.
- Added a new tactic, Hastened Expurgation. Grants a 50% speed bonus when in Incognito and reduces the cast time by 1 second, but reduces the duration to 3 seconds.

Condition "when its effect is broken" makes it dead function just to pretend that nerf is improvement.
Again, wonderful of you to accuse me of being disingenuous, but the handler triggers when the effect is broken - by damage, by you attacking, when you run out of AP or when the timer runs out.

gotharg

Post#148 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:51 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm
gotharg wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:05 pm
Witch Hunter

General

Again, wonderful of you to accuse me of being disingenuous, but the handler triggers when the effect is broken - by damage, by you attacking, when you run out of AP or when the timer runs out.

Then its really improvement. :D Good job!

Ads
Allorien

Post#149 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:27 am

chargedbolt wrote: ↑Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 pm
What is the reason behind the Outrider patrol change?
making dmg m2 morales more equal.
so no more weaksauce 1200 over time dmg that you pot or heal through, but all of them having equal amount of fast burst M2 dmg.
And by making them into stronger instant burst (that kills instead of wounds), they all moved into closer combat range. (30 feet still being generous compared to BW m2 being around BW itself)
Previous instant M2s; BW, Mara, WE, WH, SW
new instant dmg M2s; SH, Magus, WL (SH being lower by 300dmg due to getting benefit of having a snare as well)
and to make no one "special" over others, SW, SH, Magus all now have some range, but not so that you can organize a ranged 100feet melt with M2s.

and to counter new possible morale bombs, more drains, and maybe there will be more additions/adjustments in future patches.
Why does it merit a range nerf? Was this used enough in game to the point where feedback was reported, stating it is over powered?

I play a SW.

SW M2 options: UF (not worth picking up from trainer) FM and OP. FM feels slightly geared more towards SW that has to be in Skirmish or Assault range. OP was an option I would consider a bit more geared towards a Scout built SW.

This new change for SW seems best geared when Assault spec to use. But then that makes it worse because of other MDPS not having to target an area. Might as well make it 0 ft range (so not needing to use a targeting circle) and just have it be 30 ft area around SW.

"not so that you can organize a range 100feet melt with M2s." Having a warband, that has multiple members to all build M2's and be skillful enough to all target the same area at the same time for a damage burst (probably within a 1-1.5 second span of time) needs to be ensured to never happen? I don't get it, did people really do this? This shouldn't be a problem in sc's. So we are talking about RvR. If this is in warband play, where is this to be used at 100 ft? Keep walls/courtyards, else range will probably not be used at a maximum. To me, 'a melt' means enough damage to kill. That would be 5 characters at a minimum (6000 damage) in the warband all synchronizing this M2 use on roughly the same targeted area. Is that the case for the moral usage getting reworked/range reduction?

Torgrimmerr

Post#150 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 am

Agreed
Order:
Torgrimmerrr: Slayer/ Torggying: Rune Priest
Destro:
Torgrimmer: Chopper/ Ringobloody: Maulder