Recent Topics

Ads

Realms farming bags / feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tesq

Re: Realms farming bags / feedback

Post#11 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:21 pm this suppose to be a serious feedback on rvr/bag system..... trolls can go with their low ranked jokes into another thread please...
anyway wanna add to above that the ration 3-1 would sserve his purpose during low pop times mostly as there is no such problem and chance of ration in primetimes, but in fact due to this ppl are logging in low pop times to get easy bags; it was alredy a practise in past ; it has always been but it's getting worst. Thats why the ratio 3-1.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:48 pm

The thing is, rvr is pretty much essential for progression with genesis, subjugator and conq (admittedly conq can be aquired via token grind).

If the system can be played by manupulating the contribution in the way Tesq suggests then it's an issue.

But there is no easy or fair way to manipulate the faction numbers eithet.

All that being said,
Alea iacta est

Akilinus

Post#13 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:56 pm

I would enjoy a currency only system. Where your contribution instead turns into medallions and all RvR gear (conq,subju etc) can be bought. No RNG and devs can decide how fast people should be able to gear with a reasonable price tag on the gear.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#14 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:20 pm

When killing is important than good luck little weak magus players :D

catholicism198

Post#15 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:00 pm

No.

Allorien

Post#16 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Some kind of faction lock might help, though some players will just already have second accounts or just make them. To an extent this is a toxic population problem verses any kind of control that can be implemented.

I look for when mates are online to log in and play with them. However, I also look at the % of destruction and % of order online. I saw today that it got up to 70% destruction with only 30% order online! Does anyone track this and plot the percentages over time? I agree that x-realming is a huge issue here. Players get tired of being outnumbered and eventually just make characters of the other faction. That way whenever they are getting rolled, they log into their characters of the other faction and join the zerg bandwagon.

I like roughly even numbers for fights/skirmishes, even if another faction has more population total. So fighting on BO's or roaming around an RVR lake is kinda the best bet we have. Some BO's do not have more than one way to escape once the other factions zerg comes to take it, so certain BO's small roaming parties completely avoid. Maybe a 1-5% damage/healing bolster to underdog faction when on battlefield objectives/keeps based on AAO%?

I like the idea of bags for zone locks for both sides with a fairly large base number for each side and somehow working the AAO% into calculation of how good the bags are/quantity of them. Most players are fairly casual. If there is not a reward for doing extra work, or being on the side getting face rolled, then they will stay out of the lakes or go to the other faction. Does underdog get bonus bags/contribution/medals awarded based on the AAO?

EVERYTHING should be purchasable via tokens. This game is fairly casual; gear-sets slowly coming out and conqueror gear has been the 'highest' level gear one can get for how long? Why even make things cost tons of tokens verses a fair amount or even seemingly little? MOST PEOPLE PLAY FOR FUN AND RENOWN GAINS, NOT TO GRIND TOKENS/KEEPS for gear. Anything less than Annihilator gear is out-leveled before one gets a full set. What is the point? Even in PVE people out level PQ sets (maybe not Chapter 22) before they can get a full set?! Just throw gear at people, the real goal is having fun playing the game, and earning renown.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Sophia wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:23 pm what is worse than tesq's wall of texts ?
Spoiler:
coloured tesq wall of text.

No, a Wall of Tesq.

Spoiler:
Dying is no option.

Gangan

Post#18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Timmitz wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:52 pm (...)

What happens sometimes now is the mass xrealm after an outer goes down. (...)
What more likely happens is that, people die during the attackers push and can't respawn in the keep, due to inner being scratched. (or simply forget about it and release).
You end up in the WC and often people think "Screw it, the keep/zone ist lost anyway"
As player log off or do something else in PVE, the AAO rises and everyone complains about x-realmer^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#19 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:04 pm

Also the nature of the zerg makes aao somewhat pointless anyway.

You get massed zergs of wb's doing a circular route of bo's till it's time to siege, You stand in front of that massed zerg, which can be a lagging horde of 3 or 4 full wb's sometimes and you get mowed down.

Sure you can pick off afk's at bos left behind by the zerg but it's slim pickings while the zerg just steamrolls.

if the end of game gear like sub or genesis wasn't locked behind rvr bags I think a great many wouldn't bother with rvr at all, it;s just not fun.
Alea iacta est

Tesq

Post#20 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:04 pm Also the nature of the zerg makes aao somewhat pointless anyway.

You get massed zergs of wb's doing a circular route of bo's till it's time to siege, You stand in front of that massed zerg, which can be a lagging horde of 3 or 4 full wb's sometimes and you get mowed down.

Sure you can pick off afk's at bos left behind by the zerg but it's slim pickings while the zerg just steamrolls.

if the end of game gear like sub or genesis wasn't locked behind rvr bags I think a great many wouldn't bother with rvr at all, it;s just not fun.
these are things which regard flags controll and not the need to split at the same time and not regarding the currently rewarding system (and supply new additions).

my feedback is for those just 2 things other things would require a thread on their own...