Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow warrior vs Squig close combat new spec. your opinion?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
naugrim

Shadow warrior vs Squig close combat new spec. your opinion?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 am

Since the new squig close combat spec arrived, I saw 99% squig playing close combat now and 1% shadow warrior playing close combat spec.

So for me the change for squig are perfect extremly funny to play. Great ! But may be something is wrong with shadow warrior close combat spec? Players dont like shadow warrior change?

Right/Wrong? Please wanna hear your opinion.

Ads
catholicism198

Re: Shadow warrior vs Squig close combat new spec. your opinion?

Post#2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:41 am

It's because range squig sucks.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:01 am

naugrim wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 am Since the new squig close combat spec arrived, I saw 99% squig playing close combat now and 1% shadow warrior playing close combat spec.

So for me the change for squig are perfect extremly funny to play. Great ! But may be something is wrong with shadow warrior close combat spec? Players dont like shadow warrior change?

Melee SW is a spec that requires a group in order for it to really shine and make use of its arsenal. Many groups are taking a break at the moment, which has had a knock-on effect on Melee SW population.

dansari

Post#4 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 am

Melee SW is perfectly fine at the moment. Melee SH is just newer therefore people want to play it more.
<Salt Factory>

ragafury

Post#5 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 am

there were a lot of SWs running around after the changes failing terrible (like there are now SHs running around failing terrible), In the MSW / ASW case the sheer number just mattered cause you than had an initiative debuff up as soon as you went melee cause the SC was filled with 3 SWs and 4 other DPS (new spec hype after it was made popular through the premade scene).*

Since it's not really pleasant to get nuked in a few GCDs in a SC advicechat on destro cooked over and everybody was like PANIC! socket ini guys! + other ini side discussions in chats + ini discussions and MSW discussions in the forums; destro is anyway sensible to ini debuffs on certain classes,.. DoK, Mara, Choppa, BO to name a few. So things changed.

tl;dr ppl started to care about there ini levels.

so the "one trick pony" died after 8 weeks in pug sc's cause it's harder to play, and needs asisst and coordination and ppl started countering it by gearing towards it.

if you have now a SC with a MSW in it, nobody gives a damn if you land your 2 debuffs because nobody tracks those debuffs in the pug community nor asissts your target anyway.

so overall I think Melee SH is here to stay, while MSW is niche, at least in the pug enviroment.
Also because Melee SH seems the easier to use build and requires less finesse as compared to MSW.

premade is another story. seems still to be a potent strat. what do I know. idc.

*not implying I play the classes better, but that''s what I saw.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

naugrim

Post#6 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 am

Thanks a lot for your explanation now I got the answer.

carmine3161

Post#7 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:50 am

I got bored of ranged SW for sure, melee SW doesnt have a whole lot to its rotation so it feels really basic to play in combat. Really requires a good group to perform moderately well and has a lot of counters, 1 being blackguard with its mega punt and snares, a good blackguard will make your life as a melee SW pretty miserable.

Shadowstep as an ability was interesting on release, really broken with 50% armor pen which made up for the ability being a weak gap closer acceptable. The purpose of this skill was more of a steroid damage increase. With the removal of the armor pen you now are left with it being good for defensive purposes but its not ever worth taking, the defensive uses become pretty unsubstantial with a group which is already a necessity to play melee SW well.

So all that's left for this ability is a reverse marauder pull. This gap closer has a lot of issues, its in your better interest to just Ranged snare and rely on your team to get you close and allow you to stick on your targets.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Fallenkezef

Post#8 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:01 am
naugrim wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 am Since the new squig close combat spec arrived, I saw 99% squig playing close combat now and 1% shadow warrior playing close combat spec.

Melee SW is a spec that requires a group in order for it to really shine and make use of its arsenal. Many groups are taking a break at the moment, which has had a knock-on effect on Melee SW population.
This does highlight a balance flaw I think.

Order has 3 mdps and one rdps that has an mdps spec. WL and WH have very limited potential outside of small scale and solo ganking while the SW and Slayer need a dedicated group built around them.

On Destro the mara and SH are basicly plug and play. Combined with the effective dps specs of all three destro tanks they can form effective melee trains without any real thought or effort.
Alea iacta est

Ads