Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed buttons problem

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Carcasov

Nerfed buttons problem

Post#1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:49 pm

My nerfed buttons is not creating sequences only on 1 character, any idea how to fix it, guys?

Ads
Reesh

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:08 pm

And then I thought, that they might've finally ninja disabled it.

Oh well, keeping the hopes up for it to finally happen.

Telperien

Post#3 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:43 pm

With disabling NB most BG/IB and engi/magus will disapear, instead we will face a invasion of BW/Sorcs:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 pm

Telperien wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:43 pm With disabling NB most BG/IB and engi/magus will disapear, instead we will face a invasion of BW/Sorcs:)
NB? On Magus? :lol: :lol:

Darks63

Post#5 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 pm
Telperien wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:43 pm With disabling NB most BG/IB and engi/magus will disapear, instead we will face a invasion of BW/Sorcs:)
considering how many bw/sorcs that run nb to do the death rotation on ppl it makes his statement even funnier.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Darks63 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 pm
considering how many bw/sorcs that run nb to do the death rotation on ppl it makes his statement even funnier.
Have you done an evaluation?
With NB removed (the sooner the better :D ), tanks and mdps will suffer most.
Why magus/engi should profit from NB?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Zaxxond

Post#7 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:00 am

I'm a BW that doesn't run NB. Someone should show me how it works. For testing purposes of course.

Arteker616

Post#8 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:16 am

Carcasov wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:49 pm My nerfed buttons is not creating sequences only on 1 character, any idea how to fix it, guys?
depend the character and sequence u want. u need to be more specific .

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:04 am

Before you try Torques solution, try just changing the Profile to a character that does work. Unless you don't care about rebuilding your UI...

If however, the issue is with the way NB works now and I have a feeling it is, then you mean that when you Rclick and add Abilities it doesn't give you the option of building any conditionals? In which case, you have to build them through chat. The updated NB doesn't let you build abilities the "easy" way, but it bugs out 1/100th of the time, so totally worth it.
Spoiler:
First, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NB ADDON ENABLED. Rclick the Hotbar location of the string you want, and drag/drop the abilities you want on that sequence, in the order you want them. Click Save. Then, type in chat: /nb edit # With # being the number the NB sequence is saved as. Press Enter. Then, you edit the sequence in the Chat bar.

For instance, if your a sham and you want Gork"ll Fix It and Bigger Better an Greener Healing on the same key, but you want to cast GFI while you are on the move, and BGH when you are stationary, you would input this: /nb add 5 [Gork'll Fix It];mov:+[Bigger, Better, An' Greener]

The 5 puts it on my 5th action bar hotkey. 1 would put it on my first. Save the abilities first, so when you enter /nb edit 5 and press Enter, the names of the abilities and any conditionals you have already entered will automatically appear(less risk of any typo's).

If, sticking with Sham, say you wanted to get complicated. You want all your HoTs and DoTs on the same button and you want to have your personal HoTs on 100% of the time. It'd look like this: /nb add 17 ['Ey, Quit Bleedin'];st:1:s:p:1[Do Sumfin Useful];st:1:s:p:1[Get'n Smarter];st:1:s:e:1[Bleed Fer' Me];st:1:s:e:1[Life Leaka];st:1:s:e:1 This would make it so that you have both your HoTs on you personally, before you cast any DoTs, then it will stack each DoT down the cycle once. Again, this places the string in the 17th hotkey slot. I do NOT recommend building your hotkeys in this manner. You will screw yourself over. Any string that is longer than 2-3 abilities wont provide as much assistance as you think it will.

For more info on what you can do with NB, type in chat: /nb checks And it will show you every conditional you can enter. Once you add a conditional to an ability via the chat, then you can edit that conditional via Rclicking on your hotbar...

No. Nothing about NB is easy or convenient. But it is damned helpful:P I dunno how people stretch their fingers to 40+ different hotkeys, I top out at 28+movement keys+targeting...
TLDR: NB can be powerful, but at the end of the day it's greatest usage is to condense the necessary hotkeys by stacking a few abilities. Like having all your healing PoTs on 1 key, all your AP pots on 1, Flee/AP pot on 1, stacking HoTs/DoTs, etc. Building full attack chains tends to bite you in the ass. If you guys all have your panties in a twist about removing a game breaking addon, remove Enemy. That addon straight up lets you cheat with Enemy Markers. And if you want to discuss artificially increasing skill, Enemy/Buffhead provide far more assistance than NB...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

lefze
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:54 am

Zaxxond wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:00 am I'm a BW that doesn't run NB. Someone should show me how it works. For testing purposes of course.
Put the dot rotation with a stack check on Ignite and SB. Then dedicate a button to each of the dots so you can refresh/skip when needed. Basically no point in doing it at all.

For the direct damage stuff, just put sear and nova in a string with a movement needed - check on sear, and dedicate a a button to nova so you can cast it without sear even when standing still. So again, basically no point in doing it.

The point here is, the addon is massively overrated for BW/Sorc. Could be argued that flashfire management is good with it, but it really is more efficient when done manually.
Rip Phalanx