Recent Topics

Ads

[All] Positional Disrupt Strikethrough

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
peterthepan3

Re: [All] Positional Disrupt Strikethrough [Close Date TBD]

Post#141 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am

Nidwin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:47 am
Lileldys wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am
Nidwin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 am
But it needs to be looked at as there's step by step a disrupt meta getting in place including willpower stack and not only for healers. On destruction side, pug warbands, a lot of zealots are applying the wp/ini buff as standard for everyone and you often have to ask for the str/bal/int buff in party or personal tell.
Zealots give the wp/ini buff because:
1.) Chosen Resist Aura doesn't stack with the Zealots.
2.) The Str/Int/BS do not stack with potions.
I know that, but I've ran with toughness pots and not Int pots for weeks and was still getting the "standard" ini/wp Zealot buff.
Initiative is the main reason you are given this buff - at least in smallscale. It should always be the buff given to you, unless there is no resistance buff, because reduced chance to be crit trumps all else. You should be using int stat pots as a Magus if you are DPS, because marginally-more toughness will be useless if you are not 600+ toughness already.

I don't think Zealots giving ini/wp equates to a disrupt meta; ini/wp has always been the go-to buff when you have a Chosen/Shaman in group.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#142 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 pm

My bad then and seeing things that aren't. My mistake.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Spierron

Post#143 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Another example about disrupt on heal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zayC7ZU ... e=youtu.be

go to 4:30

don't use detaunt/cleanse or not play with LoS and stay alive easily against magical rdps, legit ?

CptPiggy

Post#144 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Spierron wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:23 pm Another example about disrupt on heal

don't use detaunt/cleanse or not play with LoS and stay alive easily against magical rdps, legit ?
this it what I was talking about bw now vs healera is like an trival opponent u can laugh and never kill really or threaten. for my bw healers are even wors to kill than tanks.

Ramasee

Post#145 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:50 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am
Nidwin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:47 am
Lileldys wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am
Zealots give the wp/ini buff because:
1.) Chosen Resist Aura doesn't stack with the Zealots.
2.) The Str/Int/BS do not stack with potions.
I know that, but I've ran with toughness pots and not Int pots for weeks and was still getting the "standard" ini/wp Zealot buff.
Initiative is the main reason you are given this buff - at least in smallscale. It should always be the buff given to you, unless there is no resistance buff, because reduced chance to be crit trumps all else. You should be using int stat pots as a Magus if you are DPS, because marginally-more toughness will be useless if you are not 600+ toughness already.

I don't think Zealots giving ini/wp equates to a disrupt meta; ini/wp has always been the go-to buff when you have a Chosen/Shaman in group.
Pretty much the only time to ask for a different buff is if your initiative is already high (300+). Resistance buffs are covered by kotbs, chosen, am, shaman. Almost 100% chance you'll have one of those in your party in any organized affair. STR/INT/BAL buffs are covered by pots, SM/BO(varying uptime), Kotbs/chosen(str aura), and some classes self buffs.

As such, runepriests and zealots are trained to auto apply ini/wp to all targets unless they specifically ask for it. On my swordmaster I'm always asking for resists buff (warbands), because I don't need any of the three so I'd rather have the AoE DoT triggerable ability and back up resist buff if my party's noob knight tank (Love you Euse!) dies before I do.

Koha

Post#146 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Spierron wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:23 pm Another example about disrupt on heal

I'm ensure what kind of proof you're trying to give : are you complaining that you cannot easily kill a heal with one dps and without healdebuff ? Is your request legit ?

By the way the BW finally kills the DOK, so your proof should demonstrate that disrupt is not OP.
4:30 BW start to try and kill the dok
5:15 Dok is dead
In the meanwhile the BW also killed a sorc and a WE...

Try to solo kill a DOK heal with a melee dps without healdebuff...
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Nameless

Post#147 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Imo solo dps should not kill equally geared solo healer so all these videos show nothing. Plus full conq rp could have renown cheap disrupt + conq proc disrupt + some disruupt from gear so it is not the wp that is the.main problem here
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

peterthepan3

Post#148 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Nameless wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:53 pm Imo solo dps should not kill equally geared solo healer so all these videos show nothing. Plus full conq rp could have renown cheap disrupt + conq proc disrupt + some disruupt from gear so it is not the wp that is the.main problem here

Killing healers 1v1 isn't the issue here; application of damage is. I agree with your claim that healers should never die to a sole DPS, but no-one is suggesting otherwise?

My question to you is should healers never have to detaunt magic DPS? Do you see an issue whatsoever in a healer not once having to detaunt a top sorc in BIS gear, over an encounter lasting several minutes - regardless of anything else?

(deliberately playing devil's advocate here)

Ads
Spierron

Post#149 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Koha wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm Try to solo kill a DOK heal with a melee dps without healdebuff...
Dok heal who doesn't use his detaunt/cleanse or any control, any melee dps kill him easily without healdebuff but for sorc/magus/bw they have no certainty of killing him because the chance to disrupt the dot or dd is too high

Nameless

Post#150 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Rp can cleanse sorc and there is no way to be healdebuffed. So yea even without detaunt the sorc doest have a chance. And again even with 200 wp conq geared rp got disrupt proc from conq (cant recall how much it is but prollly 10ishq) 18 from renown and at least 2-4 from gear so +30 total. The problem is not the willpower stacking but rather changing the formula so renown skill become kinda op.

And finnaly at the moment we are on transition state stuck at conq gear. At sovereign state the damage will exell more compare to healing and defence so general changes now could break the true endgame balance.

The solution at this state of ror imo is making renown for disrupt dodge 45 /or similar/ points and remove dots checks past initial application
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz