Recent Topics

Ads

What would it take: Queue for 6v6

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aisha

Re: What would it take: Queue for 6v6

Post#91 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:05 pm

xoonerfree wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 am
If you want a bragging rights game then just make everyone rr80 with access to all gear and call it Overwatch. (On a side note, it would be nice to be able to swap out at least 1 class in scen when you die similar to Overwatch.) The fundamental game is designed around progression of power/abilities/items. It's a grind game at heart.

You're right it's not a moba but a small reward for one slot over rvr rewards isn't going to kill the game but it could give groups a 6-12 month grindable goal.

Gunbad was sort of a failure because the gear just isn't that good for the time required. The only thing really worth much of anything in Gunbad are the purple seeds - which are just dumb luck to get off heroes, unless they changed it cause I never saw one drop. I even have a full set of redeye armor that took way too long to get considering I have to beg people to join -- they just don't see the value in going when conq gear is just as good. Even the purple pq bag weapons in Gunbad are slightly worse than subj weapons. At least put new purple weapons on the wing bosses that are slightly better than subj weapons, even by a small margin with at least a 30% drop rate. That alone would 10x the people interested in Gunbad. But not that insane rare purple seed drop rate.

Reward will drive interest in content.
Well now you gonna see one of them purples. The grind was hard tho, over a month pretty much every day
Spoiler:

Ads
Koha

Post#92 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:04 am

I understand, the OP question is meant to people not currently queuing for 6v6... casuals .... pugs and uncomplete groups. The hardest way would be to make a matchmaking but ppl won’t be on vocal.

Getting more population means making the game more casu friendly. This is the only way to fill a game. Easy grind is not the key to get more people but some space to exist and ways to grind as a casual. The more people the more groups will be formed.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Mystry
Suspended

Post#93 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:28 am

I know I'm late to the party, but as a FREQUENT SC player, I'd love to do more 6v6, but as in the warband discussion, my classes are not meta and thus do not get invited in most circumstances. Plus people rarely, if ever, form 'casual' 6 man groups. The 6 mans I've seen have been almost exclusively guild members or groups of friends who know each other out of game grouping up.

Athergic

Post#94 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 am

I like scenarios, but I would need more incentive to join premade scs, like a chance for top tier weapon drops, or a new token that cuts the grind in half if you do premades. Right now it's just not worth it at all to me, when I can have more fun roaming RvR with a small group.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#95 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:02 am

For me it would take addin a Rankin system dat would get me pump up to 6v6
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

mursaat1337

Post#96 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:26 am

make arena style 6v6. best way to see fotm and see the balancing issues in the classes. also helps create comps and builds.

a rank system would be cool in it as well to see which team is tier 1. people like titles, that r1 gladiator title is the bee's knees.

increase in drops or add subjugator drops in scs. the grind for dom gear is insane at the moment. no pvper likes to grind wins just to be optimized. sucks for alts too. pvp needs to be based on comp and skill cap, never on gear. that's why moba's are so popular with no grind.

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#97 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 am

Aisha wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:05 pm
xoonerfree wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 am
If you want a bragging rights game then just make everyone rr80 with access to all gear and call it Overwatch. (On a side note, it would be nice to be able to swap out at least 1 class in scen when you die similar to Overwatch.) The fundamental game is designed around progression of power/abilities/items. It's a grind game at heart.

You're right it's not a moba but a small reward for one slot over rvr rewards isn't going to kill the game but it could give groups a 6-12 month grindable goal.

Gunbad was sort of a failure because the gear just isn't that good for the time required. The only thing really worth much of anything in Gunbad are the purple seeds - which are just dumb luck to get off heroes, unless they changed it cause I never saw one drop. I even have a full set of redeye armor that took way too long to get considering I have to beg people to join -- they just don't see the value in going when conq gear is just as good. Even the purple pq bag weapons in Gunbad are slightly worse than subj weapons. At least put new purple weapons on the wing bosses that are slightly better than subj weapons, even by a small margin with at least a 30% drop rate. That alone would 10x the people interested in Gunbad. But not that insane rare purple seed drop rate.

Reward will drive interest in content.
Well now you gonna see one of them purples. The grind was hard tho, over a month pretty much every day
Spoiler:
#LifeGoals

Gatto

Post#98 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am

add mmr/rating so new groups will find a way more balanced playground. and ofc the top teams will only fight at they skill lvl.
if u form a 3v3 team in wow u hardly fight the 2.2k or r1 teams. this let you grow and learn how play vs the same skill lvl opponents while giving you a feel of progression. and its way more enjoyable that being rollstomped by the same meta 10year old group imho.
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

Ads
daniilpb

Post#99 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Gatto wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am add mmr/rating so new groups will find a way more balanced playground. and ofc the top teams will only fight at they skill lvl.
if u form a 3v3 team in wow u hardly fight the 2.2k or r1 teams. this let you grow and learn how play vs the same skill lvl opponents while giving you a feel of progression. and its way more enjoyable that being rollstomped by the same meta 10year old group imho.
I hope you know that it is impossible to implement any kind of rating, mmr and any other kind of matchmaking in this game.
The game is almost the same as it was in 2008 and devs can only fix the game and tweak balance/content. They can’t implement completely new stuff.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#100 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 pm What change would be required to be made, in your opinion, to have you as a player (who doesn't normally queue for 6v6 scenarios) form a group, establish voice communications and queue for the 6v6 only scenario.

I know is asking a lot, but please keep responses free of spiteful complaints and unrealistic requests.
Exactly same rewards for all participants, both winners and losers.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.