Recent Topics

Ads

Improving framerate in Warhammer Online

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Caffeine

Re: Improving framerate in Warhammer Online

Post#61 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Gahn wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:33 pm im just returning to the game, is there a way to tell if im using the old client?

Check the properties of war.exe in your game folder. Details tab will have a version number for you. You should head over to this thread and check if our devs need your version for development purposes. After that you can download RoR client from Download game page: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download

If you played on RoR before and are coming back from a break then just let the lancher update and consider using the new 64bit exe.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Ads
Wyzard

Post#62 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Xergon wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:56 pm So... i did follow these instructions, it helped a lot ealier, but since like 2 days ago my frames drop like crazy... just today in keep fight on lord had 2-4 fps... sometimes it unfreeze to 10fps but for a very short time, and that was even without destro fights.

I mean ealier lord fights were bad but not so bad, i had like 10 fps at least... below i send u screenshot

Best part is, as you see on the top left screen that usage of CPU n GPU is super low... and WAR in ram takes only 1.8 GB...

My PC setup is: AMD 8300 @3.3GHz, 1050 GeForce, 16 GB DDR3 and WAR is on SSD and i run Win7 64bit.

Anyone may know whats the problem, what should i try?

I tried turn off names tags, all combat log, abilites animation but nothing help much, also cleaning cashe and /rel does nothing :(. Or is it client sided? Like when you lvl up u freeze no matter what that cant be on client side, right ?
I can add a few things that cleared up fps loss for me.
By comparison i run max graphics on, 4 gig of ddr3 ram, a 5700 series radeon vid card... win 7 64 bit, and a 3.3 ghz quad core,
My GPU is overclocked to 930, but that's plenty to run this game on max.

First off i have a fresh install of windows streamlined to basics for gaming optomization. I highly recommend this guide (http://ultimatewindows7gamingoptimization.blogspot.ca/)

Only need AA of 2X doesn't seem to make a visual diff changing to 4x or 8x(adaptive anti-aliading mode) no ambient occlusion(this cause loss of fps), no fxaa, no smaa etc, no morphogenic filtering, Anistropic filtering at 16X. I had a lot of these on at first and it's just extra work for nothing. For some reason the game uses very little video card memory but benefits from the speed of GPU greatly. overclocking GPU made a large difference but boosting it's voltage did even more. (use MSI afterburner)

An important setting I found in my driver software that made a difference was setting "texture filtering quality" to "performance", and surface format optimization "on".

In game post processing is off.

For addons, i got rid of everything besides enemy unit frames and guard, and i use little addons like swift assist and thank the rezzer :D

My fps goes up to 100 but in a keep lord battle can hover in teens or even 30s depending on server. With spells all on. in a scenario can keep over 60fps most of the time, in a wb v wb might drop to 40s. but also runs smooth in zergs unless server is chugging. Rarely goes into slideshow anymore at all.

Also unpark your CPUs if you haven't.

And maybe do a clean reinstall of videocard drivers, latest and greatest.

Hope that helps :) The quest for FPS is very satisfying, and i'm sure you'll unlock the problem soon.
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Ironbreaker : Datbookdoe
BrightWizard : Wyzard Mode

markhascole

Post#63 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 am

Thanks for sharing,
I have core i5, and I recently download A way out, and it is not working fine, I have the graphics card of AMD so please guide me what the issue, Do I have to change my processor.

Crust

Post#64 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:52 pm

I have followed the tips on improving framerates to the letter, also the improve performance thread but i cannot, for the life of me, get this game to run smoothly. There isnt any difference in max versus min settings it just stutters all too frequently when in combat with any 'ol mob. I did notice a massive decline in performance after about a week of playing. Are there OS related things i am unaware of ? gfx driver issues possibly ? i want to keep playing but its not making it easy for me :)

Telperien

Post#65 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Depends if u get same bad game expirience with other games or not. Some hardware issues cant be fixed with software/drivers. Noone knows your system better than you.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

nibbles

Post#66 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:07 pm

how hot are your hard disk? ssd / M2 throttle when the temps creep up. chuck in an extra fan over them.

Crust

Post#67 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:57 pm

Temps are all fine across the board (i monitor this frequently since my previous watercooler messed up and cpu forced temp stalls) and i play some more demanding games just fine in between. After a thorough check i last updated my gfx drivers for far cry 5 - i was lagging behind on those. So ill rollback and see what happens.

EDIT: rolled em back but no dice so im guessing the huge windows 10 update from around that time caused it, thanks for the advice though guys. (they sure make it hard to find anything on your own friggin computer now these days ??!!)

Acex187x

Post#68 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 pm

how do you use the patched WAR.exe file from the first part?

I download it and drag it into the main warhammer file but every time i launch the game, the launcher downloads a new copy of war.exe

Ads
Caffeine

Post#69 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 am

Acex187x wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 pm how do you use the patched WAR.exe file from the first part?

I download it and drag it into the main warhammer file but every time i launch the game, the launcher downloads a new copy of war.exe
I really need to update this for 2019... These days you can go in to launcher settings and just select 64 bit client version.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

0KungTay0

Post#70 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am

Caffeine wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 am
Acex187x wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 pm how do you use the patched WAR.exe file from the first part?

I really need to update this for 2019... These days you can go in to launcher settings and just select 64 bit client version.
So its no longer necessary to update it? cause im doing it since... like 2 days ago and its still downloading 500/121715 XDD
Anyways when i try to use 64-bits client I have a lot of problems, like i need Vsync xD