Recent Topics

Ads

Which talisman for which class?

Let's talk about... everything else
Cylwen

Which talisman for which class?

Post#1 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:17 am

Are there sets of talismans that are generally advised for each class? I'm talking for beginners who need to make their first choice for talismans rather than experimenting.

Does this vary depending on your tier? My toons are low tier. I've started with a couple of toons salvaging and scavenging around 25 - 50 skill level. I haven't looked into potions at all yet.

Here are some rough guesses to show what I mean, am I close or way off? Let me know where I went wrong!

Tank: Toughness/Strength - assume armor from equipment is sufficient? Wounds not useful?
Mdps (Mara/Slayer/Choppa): Strength/Weapon Skill - for parry?
Mdps (WELF/WH): Strength/Initiative - for crit?
Rdps (SH/SW): Ballistic Skill/Armor
Rdps (AM/Sorc): Intelligence/Initiative
Heal (Zeal/RP): Armor/Willpower
Heal (Dok/WP): Willpower/Armor
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Ads
Haskr

Re: Which talisman for which class?

Post#2 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 am

I slot about 3 or 4 wound Talismans for my Chosen SnB Tank.
With that I have 9500hp (10.500 with conq proc and 11.100 with liniments).
This is very usefull to not die in big RvR battles (morale drop from the enemy).

dansari

Post#3 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:07 am

If you're just starting out, I would go main stat or wounds for your talis. In the later levels you can determine which is best. In my opinion:

T1 dok/wp: some people say strength talis and melee healing is the way to go here. I've always just done willpower on all my healers though. YMMV
T1 other healers: int for dps, a little bit of willpower and wounds for healing
T1 mdps: strength and wounds
T1 rdps: int or ballistic skill
T1 tanks: strength or toughness and wounds: more str if you're 2h; more toughness if you're snb.

Armor talis go a long way in T1 but they can be expensive to buy.
<Salt Factory>

adamthelc

Post#4 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:39 am

Yeah for T1 you cant go wrong with armor. Having said that I usually just stack main stat on dps.

Been trying to find a dps that really shines with ridiculous WS, but main stat at least to the cap seems to be more effective on everything.

WP or DoK I usually go armor and then put str on dps pieces. Run an armor pot and toughness pot, since your str buff will negate the str pot anyway.

Simply put, if you want to be offensive go main stat. If you want to go survivability go armor.

That's just for T1. Much past that and it becomes harder to just follow a rule. Depends on the specific class, what gear you have, how you spend your renown, what your spec is and how you play.

Shooshpanzerer

Post#5 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 am

It really depends what do you want more - small or large scale. For large wounds all the way. For small scale i would say armor/initiative.

Bignusty

Post#6 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am

For me it will be like :

Tank : Toughness / Strengh
mdps : strengh / Weapon skill / Toughness (mara - wl)
Rdps : Int - wounds / basilik skill - Armor
Healers : Armor

Toldavf

Post#7 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Don't use willpower talismans, cant count the number of healers that just disintegrate when i look at them funny because they haven't enough mitigation/wounds.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

bichka

Post#8 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Willpower can be good for PVE (dungeons).
Ini is not so important for WE/WH, usually there plenty of it in sets + zealot/rp mark + bullets/kisses to steal.
Who is probably require ini here - PVE tanks to get 0% crit to themself.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Depends. I would say put stats into areas that are lacking. It's better in my opinion to have stats in a good medium, than just investing heavily in 1 or 2. So for example my 2H KOTBS currently has 550 str with 1 talis. I've also got new gear that gives me a free bonus of 66 wounds which means I can get rid of 2-3 wounds talis if I want for something else. I can probably invest in initiative or weaponskill as both on my character are low, or perhaps some toughness or armour.

The reason I say that it's better to spread your investment out, is because the more you invest in any one skill, the less efficient it becomes.

So generally all classes will want wounds. Then you have to look into what your class is aiming to do, to heal, damage or be tanky. If you aim to be tanky invest more into initiative, toughness and armour. For physical ranged damage invest in weapon skill and ballistic skill, for physical melee damage invest in weapon skill and strength, for magical damage intelligence. For healing willpower.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Bignusty

Post#10 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Toldavf wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm Don't use willpower talismans, cant count the number of healers that just disintegrate when i look at them funny because they haven't enough mitigation/wounds.
+1

But i find armor talis more helpfull but a mix whit jewels wounds willpower can be nice to .