Ads

[Squig Herder] Summoning Pet on Move. [Close Date 3rd June]

For proposals that have been rejected.
Knowthyself
Game Artist

[Squig Herder] Summoning Pet on Move. [Close Date 3rd June]

Post#1 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 am

Identify the issue
Disappearing pets after zone changes or porting from portals create an annoying problem for SH to summon a pet in direct engagements into fights since its is easily interrupted because of the 2sc cast time that you have to stand still.

Explain why it is an issue

In the current situation of SH's pet mechanic pet dissappears after zone changes or when you take portals to BOs or tunnels which exist in certain zones like Barak Varr. Summoning the pet ability resets after zone changes but it gives you a 30 seconds cooldown after taking a portal or tunnel which forces you to use other pets than the one you need for your spec. In both cases you have to stand still for 2 seconds to summon your pet and this is a real pain if you find yourself into a fight where you port. There is an ability that allows you to dismiss your pet and summon the new one after instantly, but for this you need an active pet which doesn't help for this situation. In addition, SHs has the same problem in large scale battles where the pet dies like in every 10-15 seconds and standing still for 2 seconds to summon your pet is a real pain for a class that has to be always mobile. Moreover, it gets interrupted easily even if you have only one player sticking on you. I think this situation can be improved by a simple change which would make all the SHs happy.

Propose a viable solution to the problem:

Make SH to be able to summon its pets on move like WL does. That would solve both problems I have mentioned above.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Squig Herder] Summoning Pet on Move.

Post#2 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (3rd June).

wachlarz

Re: [Squig Herder] Summoning Pet on Move. [Close Date 3rd June]

Post#3 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Good idea. now when pets dont get heal from aoe heals

daniilpb

Post#4 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Knowthyself wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 am Disappearing pets after zone changes or porting from portals create an annoying problem for SH to summon a pet in direct engagements into fights

In the current situation of SH's pet mechanic pet dissappears after zone changes or when you take portals to BOs or tunnels which exist in certain zones like Barak Varr. Summoning the pet ability resets after zone changes but it gives you a 30 seconds cooldown after taking a portal or tunnel which forces you to use other pets than the one you need for your spec.
It might be a good change overall but I have no idea how it would fix the problem of disappearing pet. Looks like there was lack of solid justification, so OP added this just in case.
Pet is dying like a fly in big fights, it's crystal clear, and SH is very vulnerable while summing because of long cast. So, the issue should be solved around these facts.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#5 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:06 pm

daniilpb wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:36 pm
Knowthyself wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 am Disappearing pets after zone changes or porting from portals create an annoying problem for SH to summon a pet in direct engagements into fights

In the current situation of SH's pet mechanic pet dissappears after zone changes or when you take portals to BOs or tunnels which exist in certain zones like Barak Varr. Summoning the pet ability resets after zone changes but it gives you a 30 seconds cooldown after taking a portal or tunnel which forces you to use other pets than the one you need for your spec.
It might be a good change overall but I have no idea how it would fix the problem of disappearing pet. Looks like there was lack of solid justification, so OP added this just in case.
Pet is dying like a fly in big fights, it's crystal clear, and SH is very vulnerable while summing because of long cast. So, the issue should be solved around these facts.
I don't think you understand what you read at once. Please read a few more times. Thanks
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Gangan

Post#6 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:11 pm

daniilpb wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:36 pm
Spoiler:

It wouldn't solve the problem of the disapering pet, but the consequences would be easier to handle, as you can stay mobile while summoning a new pet.
Maybe it would be possible to automaticaly recast the pet after a port, but I'm sure this would lead to other problems^^

I absolutly support the idea of making the summon castable on the move.

Another approach could be to modify the tactic "I got lots" from removing the CD on the pets (as it is atm) to cast on move or instacast, similar to the stance-change of the SW.
The viability of such a tactic is another point,...and alltogether maybe worth a proposal on its own ^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Darks63

Post#7 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:43 pm

I don't see an issue with this although the 55 ap bill every time you have to summon will still be an issue.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Athergic

Post#8 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:55 pm

The proposal seems like something that should be bug reported first then looked at, after the bug in question is fixed. Why make class changes based around something that isn't working as intended?

Expert skirmisher can affect the cast time of summoning squigs. And you also have I got lots which will allow you to dispose of an almost dead pet and get a fresh one of the same kind, which is pretty much made to alleviate the problems you experience, minus the major one and that is the bug.

I have dealt with the cd bug, since I started going through tunnels in RvR I know the pain.

This would mean range squig herders would never have to stop moving. Sure you can do that with all by me self tactic, but you lose all your pet utility. now with all your pets utilities, 2 ranged knock downs, plus ranged attacks, plus disarm while running away.
That's all.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
diedrake

Post#9 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Changing the summon to on the move is fine, its really more of a quality of life change rather then a "buff". Never really understood why the summon was never on the move to begin with.

Lol hey matrix, you still stabbity mc stab stab squiggy?
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

dansari

Post#10 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:41 pm

The trade with WL is that the WL only has one pet, with a 15s cooldown, whereas the herder can spawn a new pet immediately. I personally don't see why this should be changed for the reasons stated, given that it's an alpha and ideally pets wouldn't despawn on zone entry. Herders are already the most mobile rdps.
<Salt Factory>