Recent Topics

Ads

Current best Destro healer for RvR, SCs, Dungeons

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mathemagikal

Current best Destro healer for RvR, SCs, Dungeons

Post#1 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am

*only looking for veteran healer advice*

Given the current state of the game, what is the best Destro healer for RvR, SCs and Dungeons? I've tried all three up to level 15 and was looking for some solid advice from healing vets.

Tbh, I'm mostly deciding between DoK and Zealot at this point.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Ads
AxelF

Re: Current best Destro healer for RvR, SCs, Dungeons

Post#2 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:58 am

DoK is easier to heal steady group-wide damage with thanks to the group HoT and group shield, as well as the out of party AoE heal, in addition to the normal single target HoT and heals. They're also a bit more static than the zealot due to cast times on the group and single target heals. They're typically a tiny bit closer to the front lines (though still usually played as a backline cast healer), but have medium armour and a 100% uptime AoE detaunt so are much tanker than zealot. They can put out good ST healing, but their real potential is in how easily they can keep a group up rather than a focused target.

Zealots, though they have a group heal, are much more suited to dealing with single target spike damage, they have a flash heal with no CD so can kite without losing any effectiveness. They also have a ST HoT, ST shield, ST wounds buff and tactics that proc shield on heal, and grant a buff that increases healing received by a target by 25% on crit heal so they act as a force multiplier for other healers. They're light armour and only have a ST detaunt so are more squishy, but kiting hits their heal output far less.

They complement each other and one of each in a 6 man is ideal. DoK brings group wide buffs to armour or a chance to snare target, zealots grant ST buffs which can boost initiative, resists or offensive stats. You can also self rez on a 10min CD as zealot if you're the only healer or in trouble.

Both are very viable and very in demand.

Panodil

Post#3 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:05 am

Zealot works for everything. Have rr75 zealot and rr68 DoK, would choose to play Zealot over dok every time.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Wam

Post#4 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

don't judge dok's on being lowbie... lvl 20+ they change alot (group heal spam inc) they are more late bloomers

Both are valid/strong... depends on your group needs / playstyle preference

Both can be valid DPS healers also in right circumstances... (but need high RR/gear/team)

Dok is less mobile, aoe/cleanse bot
Zealot is more mobile heal machine

hard to say which is more fun because they are better in different circumstances and both fun, I think zealot is better for versatility because its not hindered by movement compared to Dok
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

gerard86

Post#5 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:39 pm

yeah i agree with the previous posters, a dok and zealot complement and support each other extremely effectively.

Think about it this way , in a small 6 man arguments can be made that DOK zealot is the best comp.

Shamans are a bit harder to be effective with but extremely resilent. (moreso than AMs, but they lack funnel essence to avert burst damage deaths.)

Eathisword

Post#6 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks to his abîity to incapacitate 2 enemy casters/healer for 5 s every 30s i believe zealot is better.

As for healing only, i agree with what has been said. Both good. Different roles.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Dankmeme

Post#7 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Eathisword wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:49 pm Thanks to his abîity to incapacitate 2 enemy casters/healer for 5 s every 30s i believe zealot is better.

As for healing only, i agree with what has been said. Both good. Different roles.
Stagger is 6s every 20s

Ridduk

Post#8 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:08 pm

Dok---- AoE detaunt, AoE cleanse( a must in some dungeons) , snare covenant, medium armor. Manage your SE properly and you will become a god . If that's not your cup of tea there is always those bird healers. ;)

Ads
Miszczu5647

Post#9 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:26 pm

No kind word about shaman? Pity... I will continue to play one. No rest for the wicked :D
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Toldavf

Post#10 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Dankmeme wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:19 pm
Eathisword wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:49 pm Thanks to his abîity to incapacitate 2 enemy casters/healer for 5 s every 30s i believe zealot is better.

Stagger is 6s every 20s
Yeah but the silence is 30 so he can only get both every 30 seconds.

Just another reason why stacking dodge and disrupt is meta.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-