Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Discordant Fluctuation

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Luuca

Re: [Chosen] Discordant Fluctuation [Close Date: 5th May]

Post#21 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 am

DF, IMO, should scale as a reflective damage against all non-physical attacks.

It should deal back a percentage of damage done. It should be around 15% of damage done to the one player or the largest damage done to a single player in a group. There should be no ICD, it should tick on DoTs, and it should not reflect damage to players who have died and been rezzed even though their DoTs may still be ticking (which was the issue on Live).

Even if you threw out the scaling damage as a set % of damage done, to make it a viable defense against the order meta, There should be no ICD, it should tick on DoTs, and it should not reflect damage to players who have died and been rezzed even though their DoTs may still be ticking (which was the issue on Live).

Ads
wargnidalulz

Post#22 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 am

The popular vote apparently goes to the second proposal but with no damage reduction. I am curious though if people realize that proposal two, while it would increase the classes that could trigger the aura, would also reduce the amount of abilities of the classes that can already trigger the aura, namely dot's.
Are people content with this or are they missing the direct damage only part where the tick's on dot's are removed?
Qep

Tesq

Post#23 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 am

wargnidalulz wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 am The popular vote apparently goes to the second proposal but with no damage reduction. I am curious though if people realize that proposal two, while it would increase the classes that could trigger the aura, would also reduce the amount of abilities of the classes that can already trigger the aura, namely dot's.
Are people content with this or are they missing the direct damage only part where the tick's on dot's are removed?
I think it's irrelevant it have an icd so the classes that can alredy proc it with both gona anyway proc it when they try burst you down with direct dmg abilities. None belive that you can be killed with dots only. It may loose 1% dmg... Also mid mastery engy is not the plus ultra of opness so i can certain see that loose a counter to that mostly is not an issue. The best use of the aura always has been to counter back bw stuff so pretty much aoe direct dmg skills anyway.

Luuca

Post#24 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Tesq is correct. Currently, you don't get every DoT as it is. DF was stripped bare in live and RoR has left it where it was for this long.

DF on live, pre-nerf, was over-performing in that an AoE magic damage ability that hit 6 enemies would backlash 6 full damage hits on the caster. GTAoE like Napalm Grenade with it's DoT would backlash the engineer for all 6 full damage as well, on every tick of the DoT.

There is no elegant solution to this issue. I believe the original intent was to curb the AoE bomb groups that became the meta on live at the end, but it was way too powerful because of it's group-based damage. By adding an ICD, they "solved" the group-based damage stacking because the damage from the other 5 players could not proc on the caster.

A complicated and possibly convoluted way to balance the damage without making AoE too deadly to actually use wuld be to have an additive effect to damage done based upon the number of players affected by the magic instead of a cumulative or "full damage" backlash. There should be a set Base Damage (as now) but in AoE settings, instead of taking a full backlash, the attacking caster would receive base plus a set amount for each player, on each attack or DoT.

If a BW hits a single player with Fireball, then the damage back should be [Base Damage].
If a BW hits 2 players with RoF, the damage back should be [Base Damage +X]
3 players [Base Damage +2X] and so on with a cap of [Base +5X]

What would need to be worked out is what those actual damage number are. In my experience, the current DF implementation is so lackluster, it is not really worth using unless you are 1v1 against a BW and he has no healers. Sure it adds scoreboard fluff damage and pads your numbers, but I can't recall any player dying due to DF since the Live Nerf.

Many will argue that its a "set and forget" aura and therefore should not do any real damage, but simply be a light pressure for healers. That's what we have now. Any change implemented as proposed by the OP will still have very little effect on actual gameplay unless the dev team works out the additive damage and gives the aura some actual teeth. I would go so far as to say that DF is underperforming as compared to OYG, but asking for a buff to either the Chosen of KotBS on this server has traditionally been met with "EZ Mode" denials.

I will end by stating this:

As a Tank Class on Keep and City sieges on LIVE, DF was the one way I felt very useful. I protected the group and could put pressure on the casters up on the walls. As RoR sits today, as a Tank at a keep take, if I am not on the ram, or with a group attacking players at a postern, I feel worthless. I cannot attack the door, I cannot range a defender on the wall, and there are only 4 ram spots. If DF had some teeth again and would hit for all players harder than for just one, you can keep the type of attacks proccing it as is.

dansari

Post#25 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:16 am

Locking
<Salt Factory>

dansari

Re: [Chosen] Discordant Fluctuation

Post#26 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Discordant Fluctuation was fixed in Client Changelog Aug 25 2018. Will move this to Rejected and a new proposal can be submitted if the aura is still lackluster.

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=28062
<Salt Factory>