Recent Topics

Ads

Ostland 12/03/18 - The nonesense flip.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Buling

Ostland 12/03/18 - The nonesense flip.

Post#1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi Guys,

Could someone explain to me how a zone Destruction were attacking, where we took down the keep doors and attacked the lord, managed to lock in favour of order without our keep every being touched?

I'm curious how that works, normally the zone flips are given to the attacking army when keeps reach rank 3 and one side has domination.

I've never seen it just randomly lock to give order the advantage when the keeps needed ranking up.

I'm trying to grasp how that happens, especially as it just screwed over everyone on Destruction who was attacking.

Oh, and lets avoid the phrase "order bias" because 1) i've heard on t4 chat after that flip 2) it's not worth it.

-Buling

Ads
Wam

Re: Ostland 12/03/18 - The nonesense flip.

Post#2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 pm

probally a draw and it gave the credit to "order" on map (rng who gets map credit after zone time runs out = stalement) it doesn't mean much but can produce funny moments
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

diedrake

Post#3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Coin toss on tied zone and both sides get loss tic. Was a fun fight though interupting your lock.

Grayvolf
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Palitelj

Post#4 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:25 am

I think it is about BOs, who held more BOs during lock will "win" zone.

diedrake

Post#5 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:33 am

Well either way... Both sides get loss tic so why is it such a big deal?
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

szejoza

Post#6 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am

diedrake wrote:Well either way... Both sides get loss tic so why is it such a big deal?
Cause instead of 'both sides are losers' message it's something like 'forces of order won big time with no effort' so the 'losing' side gets offended :D
Spoiler:

Fallenkezef

Post#7 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am

szejoza wrote:
diedrake wrote:Well either way... Both sides get loss tic so why is it such a big deal?
Cause instead of 'both sides are losers' message it's something like 'forces of order won big time with no effort' so the 'losing' side gets offended :D
Got to protect those fragile Order egos on a draw :P

I like draws, often it means both sides have had a hard, bslanced fight and gave everything.
Alea iacta est

diedrake

Post#8 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 am

Hey i look at it this way, order managed to mess up the pug kings easy flip on that match, order had some aao but still managed to fight off destro. Either way, order stopped destro from an east lock coin toss on who got the zone doesnt matter :)
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:57 am

diedrake wrote:Hey i look at it this way, order managed to mess up the pug kings easy flip on that match, order had some aao but still managed to fight off destro. Either way, order stopped destro from an east lock coin toss on who got the zone doesnt matter :)
Surprised Ocara didn't pull his usual trick of buggering off to another zone if he starts to lose.
Alea iacta est

Buling

Post#10 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am

Fallenkezef wrote:
diedrake wrote:Hey i look at it this way, order managed to mess up the pug kings easy flip on that match, order had some aao but still managed to fight off destro. Either way, order stopped destro from an east lock coin toss on who got the zone doesnt matter :)
Surprised Ocara didn't pull his usual trick of buggering off to another zone if he starts to lose.

Oh he did exactly that before the flip. We went from a population of 40ish at the time of the door going down to about 12 on the lord and defence. It took about 5 minutes to rally anybody and the zone just flips to order. Kinda annoying when order had been chain flipping the every zone they touched until dragonwake. We took that then suddenly boom, no more flips for destro.

It's starting to feel like order need to have 12 zone flips before destro is allowed to have one, maybe, if the server allows.