Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling Question

Let's talk about... everything else
theheretic25

Leveling Question

Post#1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi everyone, i'm new here! I played AoR back in a day a bit and i really like it, one of my favourite games! I never got to max level though.
So i wanted to know what's the best or the most common way to level?
Do you have to do all the quests to follow the lore or to progress in zones like in WoW, GW2 and others?
Or can i just PvP and do some quests while i wait in queue?

Thanks in advance and i can't wait to see you all in game!

Ads
szejoza

Re: Leveling Question

Post#2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:26 pm

You can pretty much level only by PvP, winning scenarios seems to be the most effective way with the keyword 'winning', orvr gives some exp but nothing that would be considered as fast leveling
Spoiler:

Odaop

Post#3 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Grinding mobs at a public questing area you can kill back to back quickly with no downtime is another good way to level. You won't level your renown rank this way and some people are a little **** about it having low renown but if you know how to play your class, then it's not a huge deal unless you totally neglect your renown which would honestly be a hard thing to do playing warhammer.

Valarion

Post#4 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:55 am

Killing players in rvr or pvp or scs
Killing mobs in PvE or PQs (player quests)
Questing
Exploring/finding quest NPCs

Most players do a combination of everything, though we wouldnt be playing this game if we werent doing #1 the most.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Martok

Post#5 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 am

SC's and RvR are the best means to level, as you build Exp and Renown simultaneously. Grinding at a PQ is boring, and if I have to do it I would rather grind for mats as opposed to attempting to level. As an alternative, I have always felt a decent percentage of the PvE quest are interesting and worth doing, sort of an immersion into the lore and because some of them are just fun.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

adamthelc

Post#6 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:19 am

What are you leveling?

Lore is better, thats a personal choice but there is lore. Questing is slow my least favorite way.

It depends on what you are after. Most efficent way is RvR and Scenarios, since you will have to get renown at 40. Fastest way to 40 is PvE, how dependd on what you are playing.

Personally I would suggest. Quest to level 3 or 4, SCs and RvR to 16, Grind PQs and SCs 16-31.

Any combination 31-40, maybe some PQs for Ruin or just do RvR for Anni but SCs work too. Could do some epic quest for weapons.

catholicism198

Post#7 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 am

theheretic25 wrote:
Spoiler:
Hi everyone, i'm new here! I played AoR back in a day a bit and i really like it, one of my favourite games! I never got to max level though.
So i wanted to know what's the best or the most common way to level?
Do you have to do all the quests to follow the lore or to progress in zones like in WoW, GW2 and others?
Or can i just PvP and do some quests while i wait in queue?

Thanks in advance and i can't wait to see you all in game!
Leveling is very boring and very slow here, so be sure to take several breaks or you'll get burnt-out.

Aside from lore, there's no point in doing quests as they offer very little exp- you'll get more from mindless mob grinding.

SCs and mindless mob grinding work best- don't group or you'll gimp your exp gains.

Dabbart

Post#8 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:54 am

^^^ not entirely true. If you group, your lvl MUST be withhin 5 of your group mates, ie a lvl 9 must group with lvl 5-13 or else everyone’s xp goes to less than 100 per mob.

The same goes for Mob lvl. If they are too much higher or lower lvl your XP goes away.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 am

Allot depenfs on class. Some classes suit mob grinding while others are better vvia pvp
Alea iacta est

theheretic25

Post#10 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 pm

adamthelc wrote:What are you leveling?

Lore is better, thats a personal choice but there is lore. Questing is slow my least favorite way.

It depends on what you are after. Most efficent way is RvR and Scenarios, since you will have to get renown at 40. Fastest way to 40 is PvE, how dependd on what you are playing.

Personally I would suggest. Quest to level 3 or 4, SCs and RvR to 16, Grind PQs and SCs 16-31.

Any combination 31-40, maybe some PQs for Ruin or just do RvR for Anni but SCs work too. Could do some epic quest for weapons.
I'm leveling a Chosen, some people told me it's a good class for beginners.
Since questing is the slowest way and it's only important for lore, i guess if i'm interested in the lore i can just google it.
So yeah ill go for more of a pvp route!