Recent Topics

Ads

Engineer Rifleman needs magical dps

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eufi

Engineer Rifleman needs magical dps

Post#1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi everybody.

My point is that all abilities in the Rifleman tree of the Engineer should do corperal dps like Magus does elemental dps.
As an Engineer i feel i do literly no dmg ,compered to other range dps, against Tanks (also Offtanks) and mid armor targets.
The Armor and the armor pots everyone is using ignores almost my complete dmg. I feel kinda lost if a 3s cast ability does 586 CRIT dps on an offtank and i even had the 40% dmg buff from my turret. Some of you will say that i should play as trinkerer or grenadier but i like the mechanic of the rifleman tree and i want to do mainly single target dps. I also dont want to switch the class to another rdps. But when i see that my lvl 20 BW does WAY more dps at lvl 40 targets than my lvl 40 sniper my heart begins to bleed xD. I know that a Engineer will never gets close to the burst dps a BW can do but i feel kinda useless if i only do dps on light armor targets. I know i can go fully on weapon skill to get through my enemies armor but then i have to negleced all my def sats.

So i want to hear your opinion about this. Do you guys have the same issues with the Rifleman than i have? Im also open for any advice you can give to me.

PS: sry for my bad english

Ads
Stinkyweed

Re: Engineer Rifleman needs magical dps

Post#2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Same for SH!!

...screw the SWs...
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Foomy44

Post#3 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:19 pm

If you did end up getting a ton of magic damage abilities then IMO they should have to be checked against disrupt instead of dodge since ATM I believe the logic behind Magus doing magic damage and having an easier time against armored targets is that they have to deal with the crazy amount of disrupt out there on some targets like healers and tanks. Fairly certain I've seen a dev use that logic in posts about Magus disrupt rate vs Engi dodge rates.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Rifleman is fine. It needs perhaps some more armor bypassing potential, perhaps through certain skills/tactics, but it is a very strong spec.

Shame most play engineers as aoe dot/CC immunity givers.

Komode

Post#5 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Respec to grenade tree, its fun.
Phalanx/Zerg
Atrocob - Engineer 40/50+
Kuporoz - BW 40/50+
Larkuz - BO 40/50+
Larkus - Mara 40/49
Komet - SH 40/54+
Fellow - BG 40/40+
Uglic - Shaman 40/50+

Samejima

Post#6 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:53 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Shame most play engineers as aoe dot/CC immunity givers.
No kidding :lol: I used to pug tank scenarios and if there was an engi (or worse, 2 or 3...) it was basically a guarantee that I couldn't peel for most of the match. 9/10 Engineers I run into play like they're *trying* to keep both immunities up on the whole enemy team at all times. The best moments are when they run straight up to destro objectives to magnet pull without any team communication and when we don't have a comp that can do much to capitalize on a pull.

They just magnet, throw down some crappy dots and die. Repeatedly.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Samejima wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Shame most play engineers as aoe dot/CC immunity givers.
No kidding :lol: I used to pug tank scenarios and if there was an engi (or worse, 2 or 3...) it was basically a guarantee that I couldn't peel for most of the match. 9/10 Engineers I run into play like they're *trying* to keep both immunities up on the whole enemy team at all times. The best moments are when they run straight up to destro objectives to magnet pull without any team communication and when we don't have a comp that can do much to capitalize on a pull.

They just magnet, throw down some crappy dots and die. Repeatedly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: So true.

adamthelc

Post#8 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:23 pm

I dont know about rifelman, they can at least debuff armor single target.

Would be nice if frag grenade was corp though.

Ads
Glorian

Post#9 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Having several engineers on your side is per se not a problem. But not focusing one target is bad. Also if the Engis team up and pull/melt you can catch some WEs or SH.

For the Rifleman. You will never be as bursty as BW/sorc. The Rifleman truly begin to work if you team up with another Rifleman.

And if someday client controll is here hopefully the Rifleman get an armor debuff on a self controlled ability instead of the gun turret.

Kragg

Post#10 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:04 pm

As a dedicated rifleman I would love some variation in damage types to avoid all the armor stacking doks. ;) However, as Peter says, an armor bypassing potential/attack would be amazing!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance