Recent Topics

Ads

When does T4 get fun?

Let's talk about... everything else
keykey

Re: When does T4 get fun?

Post#21 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:34 pm

LOL... "When does T4 get fun?"... LOL!!! OMG I love that! :)

Ads
Foomy44

Post#22 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Darrell wrote:In exchange, I get an average of about 2 Conq Medallions an hour spent in RvR.
You can get 20 medallions as a reward at the end of a zone flip, that's ignoring any you earned while actually in the zone.
Darrell wrote:Conq Emblems come 1 per scenario usually, sometimes none. Since October, I've gotten my Dominator belt and that's it.
Literally impossible to get none, you always get one for staying to the end of a match, even if the score is 0-500, and you can get them from kills. Also you can buy boots and gloves with gold from the AH.

Hope this guy isn't dissuading anyone from playing, he's clearly doing something wrong. I've geared multiple toons to almost full conq or full dominator in about the same amount of time he's been playing and did it all solo or in pugs, mostly during NA hours.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

dtjror

Post#23 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 pm

With the benefit of hindsight, ranks 32-36 seem to be the sore spot. You lose super-bolster, but still have the same gear from when you had it (i.e., rank 29 SC weps and full Devastator, at best). You don't get access to decent upgrades until 35/36 when you can actually USE epic weps, Ruin and/or Anni (and you have to be RR39 to use full Anni).

So it probably doesn't do you any good at this point, but my advice to others considering the matter is get RR39 BEFORE hitting rank 32 (maybe max out at T1 when RR seems to flow like water). Then SKIP PVP ENTIRELY UNTIL 36. At that point you can get your epic weapons and a full Ruin/Anni set and not be completely gimped. That's definitely what I'll be doing on future toons.

Fallenkezef

Post#24 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Well I am 32/34 currently and just grinding sc's for fun and profit
Alea iacta est

WorstNovak
Banned

Post#25 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:33 am

wargrimnir wrote:By the time you reach T4 you're supposed to be so full of salt that "Fun" is no longer a concept that resonates with you. Judging by this post and lack of followup information on your current gear, you're very nearly there. Just keep pushing a little further.

Things to do when you hit T4, more or less in order. All can be supplemented with Scens/RvR as you like.

- Collect Ruin set from PQ's
- Collect Epic Weapons from quests
- Grind a few chapter Influence bars for jewelry/back/belt pieces
- Hunt a few lair bosses for jewelry/back/belt pieces
- Hit Rank 40 by this point
- Collect Beastlord set from quests
- Run through Gunbad a couple times for set pieces/weapons/jewels

Maybe some other stuff I've missed, but that will put you on the path. If you're R32 and not having fun because the power curve dips right there, do other stuff. Or don't, you're free to pleb it up in scenarios or leech in RvR as well, but you're in a new tier. Not strong right off the bat.

If you're already rocking full Anni gear and a bunch of those steps are complete, but you're not satisfied with your class at R40, well the difference between Anni and Conq isn't that massive.
Your unnecessarily toxic attitude aside, I have full Merc, full Anni, 4/5 Ruin, full Arcanist, and 2 Genesis pieces.

Additionally, you were the 2nd post. What would I have "followed up"? The only other post before you doesn't ask about my gear.

I think the devs need to take their ego out of the equation and look at the way they treat strangers. I've never been rude to you, derided your work, nor provided any tangible reason for you to treat me like such an outlandish asshole. In fact, I've been pretty vocally supportive of the work you all do. Are you just sub-25 years old or something? What's the deal, man?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#26 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 am

WorstNovak wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:By the time you reach T4 you're supposed to be so full of salt that "Fun" is no longer a concept that resonates with you. Judging by this post and lack of followup information on your current gear, you're very nearly there. Just keep pushing a little further.
Your unnecessarily toxic attitude aside, I have full Merc, full Anni, 4/5 Ruin, full Arcanist, and 2 Genesis pieces.

Additionally, you were the 2nd post. What would I have "followed up"? The only other post before you doesn't ask about my gear.

I think the devs need to take their ego out of the equation and look at the way they treat strangers. I've never been rude to you, derided your work, nor provided any tangible reason for you to treat me like such an outlandish asshole. In fact, I've been pretty vocally supportive of the work you all do. Are you just sub-25 years old or something? What's the deal, man?
Now we're having fun!

Have you considered your first post and title come off as unnecessarily toxic and it was responded to in kind? Let's not turn this into a battle mate. That's only going to end poorly, and I would hate to upset another stranger on the internet.

We're not shy, nor overly accommodating, and really don't like having our nose rubbed in whatever your personal negative opinion of our server implementation is. This whole thing is a work in progress, a labor of love, and we put a hell of a lot more into it by this point than you ever have, or probably ever will. You might note I also provided a helpful list of things wot to do, in case others came by to feast on the salt.

Want to have FUN? Getting a group that's having fun is absolutely paramount. Enjoy the fact this server exists at all. Push as hard as you can into the deepest corners of your mind that the concept of all this shutting down could potentially happen again in the hopefully far distant future.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fallenkezef

Post#27 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:35 am

WorstNovak wrote:

Things to do when you hit T4, more or less in order. All can be supplemented with Scens/RvR as you like.

- Collect Ruin set from PQ's
- Collect Epic Weapons from quests
- Grind a few chapter Influence bars for jewelry/back/belt pieces
- Hunt a few lair bosses for jewelry/back/belt pieces
- Hit Rank 40 by this point
- Collect Beastlord set from quests
- Run through Gunbad a couple times for set pieces/weapons/jewels

Maybe some other stuff I've missed, but that will put you on the path. If you're R32 and not having fun because the power curve dips right there, do other stuff. Or don't, you're free to pleb it up in scenarios or leech in RvR as well, but you're in a new tier. Not strong right off the bat.

If you're already rocking full Anni gear and a bunch of those steps are complete, but you're not satisfied with your class at R40, well the difference between Anni and Conq isn't that massive.

Is English your second language? I ask not to offend, but you clearly missed the sarcasm in War's initial reply and blatantly ignored his helpful list in order to suckle from the teat of the self-rightous mindset of the professionaly offended.
Alea iacta est

Scottx125

Post#28 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Is English your second language? I ask not to offend, but you clearly missed the sarcasm in War's initial reply and blatantly ignored his helpful list in order to suckle from the teat of the self-rightous mindset of the professionaly offended.
First of all, writing online is not an English exam. I'll trust you to remember that regardless of how people act. Secondly, you spelled self-righteous and professionally wrong >:). Finally, try not to feed the troll :).

On point, I know I personally said T4 is not fun and I stand by that. Endlessly fighting in RVR eventually gets boring I'd imagine for everyone. And WAR is a grind, at first it's a grind to 40, then it's a grind to X RR to get your gear, then you need to grind for the medals or emblems. Then you grind to RR80 to get more renown points and mastery points. Best way to enjoy ANY MMO, is in small doses. Play a RVR game for an hour here and there. Do some SC's. When you wanna relax for a while grind some resources. But by far the most fun, is being in an active guild. As part of Diogenes we do stupid crap like walking into battle to ridiculous music, but it's fun xD. And having rivalries with other guilds is also great, it's drama. Everyone is interested in drama because that's what keeps you coming back, especially if you really hate them. So if you do nothing else anyone reading this, join an active guild.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#29 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

Scottx125 wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote: Is English your second language? I ask not to offend, but you clearly missed the sarcasm in War's initial reply and blatantly ignored his helpful list in order to suckle from the teat of the self-rightous mindset of the professionaly offended.
First of all, writing online is not an English exam. I'll trust you to remember that regardless of how people act. Secondly, you spelled self-righteous and professionally wrong >:). Finally, try not to feed the troll :).

On point, I know I personally said T4 is not fun and I stand by that. Endlessly fighting in RVR eventually gets boring I'd imagine for everyone. And WAR is a grind, at first it's a grind to 40, then it's a grind to X RR to get your gear, then you need to grind for the medals or emblems. Then you grind to RR80 to get more renown points and mastery points. Best way to enjoy ANY MMO, is in small doses. Play a RVR game for an hour here and there. Do some SC's. When you wanna relax for a while grind some resources. But by far the most fun, is being in an active guild. As part of Diogenes we do stupid crap like walking into battle to ridiculous music, but it's fun xD. And having rivalries with other guilds is also great, it's drama. Everyone is interested in drama because that's what keeps you coming back, especially if you really hate them. So if you do nothing else anyone reading this, join an active guild.
Aye, couldnt agree more.

I hate rvr but love sc's and find pve fun and relaxing. Find your niche, find your "happy place" when the grind gets you down.
Alea iacta est

WorstNovak
Banned

Post#30 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:27 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
WorstNovak wrote:

Now we're having fun!

Have you considered your first post and title come off as unnecessarily toxic and it was responded to in kind? Let's not turn this into a battle mate. That's only going to end poorly, and I would hate to upset another stranger on the internet.

We're not shy, nor overly accommodating, and really don't like having our nose rubbed in whatever your personal negative opinion of our server implementation is. This whole thing is a work in progress, a labor of love, and we put a hell of a lot more into it by this point than you ever have, or probably ever will. You might note I also provided a helpful list of things wot to do, in case others came by to feast on the salt.

Want to have FUN? Getting a group that's having fun is absolutely paramount. Enjoy the fact this server exists at all. Push as hard as you can into the deepest corners of your mind that the concept of all this shutting down could potentially happen again in the hopefully far distant future.
You're very obviously projecting. Nothing about my post is inherently toxic nor was it intended to be so.

I had fun in T1. I had fun in midtier. I'm not having fun in T4. So I came to the only forum for the community and relayed that information and ended that relay with a question: When does it get fun?

This is why I suggested you take a step back and consider this - minus your ego. Because I am not trying to attack you or any dev - I am trying to identify if I should continuously remake lowbies or if T4 starts to resemble the tiers that come before it as you gear up.

But this is all pretty superfluous because Torquemadra just banned me for asking, "Which channel should we have this conversation in?" and on principle I now refuse to support this project in any way.

If you want to know why the playerbase isn't steadily increasing I suggest you look in a mirror because - outside of Druin - I have never interacted with any of the devs in a manner that wasn't toxic. You all seem absurdly insecure to the point that I'd bet you were teenagers if it weren't for the fact that I know at least one of you played during Live.