Recent Topics

Ads

sc pug is it a trap for noob player ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Hastykrasty

Re: sc pug is it a trap for noob player ?

Post#11 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:01 am

PUG sc depends only about the current population queueing for it. If it's unbalanced in its archetypes, then you are going to have an unbalanced pug sc, nothing more, nothing less.

Duos can surely shift the balance, but I saw order winning pug scs with no heals and even without capping fort on nordenwatch. It is enough to assist and adapt to what you have.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 am

Thamor wrote:Moaning about premade sc's is old too...pug sc should be pug (random) duo queing takes this randomness away alot.
so a duo queuing should come up against premades, just to appease the solo players. gotcha

szejoza

Post#13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:14 am

peterthepan3 wrote: so a duo queuing should come up against premades, just to appease the solo players. gotcha
A large portion of pugs/duos that que for all sc's at once end up in premade scenarios anyways
Spoiler:

oioigitface
Banned

Post#14 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:18 am

szejoza wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote: so a duo queuing should come up against premades, just to appease the solo players. gotcha
A large portion of pugs/duos that que for all sc's at once end up in premade scenarios anyways
Yet you see them not complain

szejoza

Post#15 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 am

oioigitface wrote:Yet you see them not complain
So? What of it? Should everyone complain now?
Spoiler:

Darosh
Banned

Post#16 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am

Having duos dominate pug scs doesn't tell you that the system is bonkers or exploitable, but that the average pug is entirely brainafk ~ in other words: that pugs can't even muster enough impromptu coordination to match 1/3 of a group; no assist, no guard, no CC, plenty of overextending instead, yadayada.

Thamor

Post#17 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
Thamor wrote:Moaning about premade sc's is old too...pug sc should be pug (random) duo queing takes this randomness away alot.
so a duo queuing should come up against premades, just to appease the solo players. gotcha
The point is duo queing is more premade than you solo queing with random character. Not rocket science, and pug scenario try to be for solo players more than for organised groups. Which actually guilds use against them by duo queing and even more people make 2 man parties for 6 players. They all que at same time only to pug sc and what happens next is 6 man premade in pug sc.

Not like I don't duo que to pug scenarios too. But I would like to have the pug scenario be more random on what players are in them and that is most easily fixed that you can join them only by solo queing. My only small opinion.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:47 am

Darosh wrote:Having duos dominate pug scs doesn't tell you that the system is bonkers or exploitable, but that the average pug is entirely brainafk ~ in other words: that pugs can't even muster enough impromptu coordination to match 1/3 of a group; no assist, no guard, no CC, plenty of overextending instead, yadayada.

pretty much what I take from it.

premades too hard! gave them a pug sc
now it's duos are too hard! so let's remove duos

at what point will we draw the line? shall we also make a pug sc exempt from specific players, just to further appease ?

Ads
hogun

Post#19 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:50 am

it seems to me that some players do not imagine that it is possible to play casual without optimization ... it's sad. I think that the sc pug should be a sc preserved for casual / pug / solo and it may give envy to novice players to stay on the server. because I imagine that this farmed in sc must not give you want to stay!
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#20 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:57 am

peterthepan3 wrote: at what point will we draw the line? shall we also make a pug sc exempt from specific players, just to further appease ?
Some players love GW2 sPvP with all gear and skills automatically available and believe that it should be the same for WAR.

On the more serious note: when we catch multiple duos from the same guild in pug scenario, we persuade them to not do it. If you have a feeling that it is happening, make multiple screenshots with their names and tags and send to us.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.