Recent Topics

Ads

Disrupt vs magical class, nerf/boost classes or rework disrupt in general?

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
catholicism198

Re: Disrupt vs magical class, nerf/boost classes or rework disrupt in general?

Post#201 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:15 am

The problem with "so pew pew from near-->less dodge/dirupt" is that casters wear robes- not light or medium- robes... that's instant death unless you have a dedicated healer and stack +armor talismans... on top of that, they don't have a charge like mdps does to close the gap.

I prefer the -15% disrupt on disrupt to mirror that of other rdps.
I was disrupted 4 times in a row earlier. Not on dots, actual abilities...

Ads
Sizer

Post#202 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:25 am

I would say revert disrupt to as close to live as possible, and look at classes individually. Disrupt was always rare on live, 20% on a healer was considered high, you could get more at the end from renown, but that was countered by high strikethrough on rr100 gear. And it was for good reason - block and parry were easier to get, but you can strafe around it, disrupt you can't; plus melee can get a lot of dps from auto's and spammables, where ranged rely on long casts or high cooldowns, so one disrupt is far greater a loss in damage than one parry

Besides that, my biggest problem with disrupt as it is now is its so passive. All of the other counters for range (cleanse, los, detaunt, glass arrow, HTL, ect.) require some kind of action (and even blocking requires keeping your target facing you), whereas passive disrupt from stats/renown does not. I've had people stand there facetanking my sorc without even reacting. 3 rotations, all disrupts, health barely moves; 4th rotation, no disrupts, instant kill. Not to mention that disrupt specced in renown is the new trivial blows, everyone has it.

I really can't see any point in keeping it as is - the only way it could be balanced is with adding new avoidance debuffs to every tank and rdps, while also changing disrupt to scale with imitative instead of willpower as someone suggested a few pages back (which is a solid idea regardless of what happens). That way healers would not automatically be immune to damage from casters, and the stronger debuffs would cancel out the increased disrupt from stats, given that your group coordinated them properly.

That could end up being very interesting if it were balanced right, but it seems like a ton more work. And even then either bws/sorcs would still need nerfing, or if it was worked out exactly right, they would be balanced, but the other 5 casters would need even bigger buffs than before. So it seems a lot simpler to just go straight to class balancing.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

predathore

Post#203 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:52 am

It's fine as it is, I don't see why ranged should offer so much for so little risk while standing far back. Or maybe make disrupt scale with distance to target (don't know if it's a possible mechanic to implement).

Telen
Suspended

Post#204 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 am

predathore wrote:It's fine as it is, I don't see why ranged should offer so much for so little risk while standing far back. Or maybe make disrupt scale with distance to target (don't know if it's a possible mechanic to implement).
Because guard range is 30 and mdps have tanks next to them rdps dont.
Both deal with exactly the same guard mitigation and healing so both need the same level of burst or melee trains will always dominate as they did on live. Unless of course healing is toned down and rdps can wear down targets otherwise every dps is judged on burst.

Hastykrasty

Post#205 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Telen wrote: Because guard range is 30 and mdps have tanks next to them rdps dont.
Both deal with exactly the same guard mitigation and healing so both need the same level of burst or melee trains will always dominate as they did on live. Unless of course healing is toned down and rdps can wear down targets otherwise every dps is judged on burst.
If you give them the same burst, what will be the reason to roll mdps? since the same thing can be achieved easily by safer distance.
Rdps then have easier time in doing AoE damage, why shouldn't this be taken into account?

Then, wasn't the issue about disrup vs healers? Why are we talking about rdps in general now? And why a whole system should be taken down for few classes, instead of looking at those ones?
I'm just asking, sincerely. Because to me seems that before there was a "grace" state for some classes and people took the habit of it, then things were suddenly fixed, and now there are complaints: some which make sense like OP's title, others that are exagerated, like remove all the changes and bring back RD/CW (not sure if that was a troll proposal or a serious one, but I fear the latter).
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Divy

Post#206 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:06 pm

IMO just give all rdps classes discerning offence tactic. A 10% reduced chance to be defended against like SW. Ultimately a 10% strikthrough. But you would have to sacrifice a tactic slot to obtain this strikethrough.

Telen
Suspended

Post#207 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Hastykrasty wrote:If you give them the same burst, what will be the reason to roll mdps? since the same thing can be achieved easily by safer distance.
Rdps then have easier time in doing AoE damage, why shouldn't this be taken into account?

Then, wasn't the issue about disrup vs healers? Why are we talking about rdps in general now? And why a whole system should be taken down for few classes, instead of looking at those ones?
I'm just asking, sincerely. Because to me seems that before there was a "grace" state for some classes and people took the habit of it, then things were suddenly fixed, and now there are complaints: some which make sense like OP's title, others that are exagerated, like remove all the changes and bring back RD/CW (not sure if that was a troll proposal or a serious one, but I fear the latter).
You have to factor guard range and the far easier addition of tank damage/debuffs in a melee train. This is, just as in live, why they are the goto for pres.

Fallenkezef

Post#208 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:18 pm

Any way to put a strikethrough in the renown abilities?
Alea iacta est

Ads
7rere7

Post#209 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:15 pm

that was a kind of interesting idea; it would give an edge vs melee when they reach em

as solution you could be look at the general range of a skill; then increase disrutp strike based on how much nearer uou get to your target; so for exemple half range value = double striketrough.

Since is "range based on skill range" and so differente for every skill( and not a fic value as close3 quarters) it would be harder to use on aoe skills and the best counter to this is just move away so it would definetely add better onto small scale than rvr. And in rvr it will reward rdps for go into melee range(so rewards for risk paly isntead pew pew distance zerg mdoe) + for focus the aoe onto 1 spot.

-so pew pew from afar-->more dodge/disrupt
-so pew pew from near-->less dodge/dirupt
-no fix value, striketrought increase differently and based on each different range of every.

Rdps getting closer to enemy target will draw more attention rdps and will have all melee focusing on rdps which causes the rdps spell casting bar to be set back a great deal , basically disables the rdps .

The removal of set back when casting would have to be removed for this option to be fair & effective

Kurama

Post#210 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Are you guys serious? Bombing WBs still reign supreme and you want to give them less dodge/disrupt and remove set back?
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x