Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Popcornhearts

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#151 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Wow...

Ads
Popcornhearts

Post#152 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:19 pm

I am not here to read about other people.

I am here to read what ever is required of me which is the terms of service and agreements, code of conduct and basic information about the officials so that I can properly identify myself and what ever else that I need to read.

I'm not here to read the Jefawk biography...

After that...I have to attempt to make a highly complicated modification of a deceased MMORPG function properly with no prior experience with modding what so ever.

If you actually look at the post. I didn't directly accuse anyone...I hinted that their was some tension and distrust, but I didn't directly say (CYBER ATTACK!)

Maybe these are things you should think about or you can completely blow it. I don't care either way...

I'll go back to trying to figure this out for myself and if I don't. I'll ask somebody else.

JeFawk

Post#153 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Understand. It will never work. The Launcher injects memory into WAR.exe. Antiviruses always think it's a virus, and if they don't it means they're shi.t, which most are anyway.

This is not WoW where you simply change the server config file to the new IP.

And why your browsers are saying that the launcher is a virus or whatever it's because it's encrypted.

Deal with it but good luck into finding a solution that fits your security obsession.

Bruglir

Post#154 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 pm

JeFawk wrote:You're very bad at this. Very very bad.
I feel the same could be said for your supportive manner.
"with good reason"? You're just making me look bad because of your incompetence.
Let's examine this a little more closely, okay?
Why the flying fuc.k are you so dumb as to not click on the idio.t skip button on the top right and instead like a derp to click on the advertising? I stated in the mini launcher thread that i am using advertising to lower my hosting fee cost. But you don't read that shi.t now do you?
So, you designed the interface for the launcher, you included advertising as a conscious decision on your part. Regardless of what the end user does, this is on YOU as the designer. You knew that at some point somebody would click on this, it was intended, if it wasn't intended for people to ever click on adverts, they wouldn't have been included. Regardless of any hosting fee's (and really, i have to laugh at this, you can get reliable, unlimited bandwith hosting for as little as £3 per month) you need to recognise the poor decision on your part that has led to this particular users bad experience.
Instead you come here saying that the launcher makes you download malware and that your antivirus is detecting trojans/viruses whatever the fuc.k you wrote there.

Currently you're an idio.t, that's what you are, and you don't deserve help. I guess the launcher is the first and only IQ test for people that want to play this game.
So since we've established that you made the decision to include adverts in your software, now we need to understand which adverts they are... if they're directing people to download malware, then you didn't choose a good advertiser, once again this is entirely on YOU, the developer. I put it to you that YOU are the idiot here, and not the end user. And regardless of the end users mental capacity, EVERYBODY deserves help, even you. Which is why i've chosen to write this response to you, because i'm hoping it will help you become a better person and/or developer.
Instead of actually documenting yourself on what is happening and why, you just throw away words like I do. The difference between us two doing this is that my words are based on your stupidity.
This sentence makes no sense, sorry.
If you can tell me that I am trying to place viruses and malware on other people's computers then I can tell you you're an idiot and an ignorant. It's just that you're accusing me of something far worse.
As stated above, you the developer have complete control over which ads are placed in the software, and are therefor directly responsible for anything that could potentially be downloaded by the end user.
Now

Be gone.
couldn't have said it better myself, go away you petty little man.
Destro: Bruglir (DoK)
Order: IPounceTheFace (WL), ItBurnsTheFace (BW)

JeFawk

Post#155 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Bruglir, you're supposedly a developer, right?

Then you must realize that I did not put an ad in the software.

Now, the fact that some things make no sense to you, that's none of my problem. Again your'e supposedly a developer on this project and you should have some general knowledge on this matter.

I got no idea what you're doing here really. You just came over, did not help that guy whatsoever, instead you're picking on me just because you do not understand what I write.

Sarasil

Post#156 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Bruglir, there are no ads in the software. He is using AdFly which puts ads on the link or whatever .. >.> The skip button is huge and shouldn't be very hard to miss.

Really if everyone is having such a HUGE problem with the launcher, its maker and derpy antiviruses, they really don't need to use this launcher. Just ask the developers for a new one, which would probably have a lot less support available than JeFawk's.

If I understand things correctly JeFawk isn't working for RoR anymore and is simply updating the launcher and helping out because he cares about his program and is actually a nice guy. :P
Natharyn (sw)/Umatharil (sm)/Jillian (doc)

Find my fantasy art on my website and on facebook

JeFawk

Post#157 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Sarasil wrote:eFawk isn't working for RoR anymore
I was never working **for** them (the team, project, w.e). The moment that Azeon with blue name started calling us staff I told him I don't agree and that I don't want to be a part of such a project that calls volunteers staff members and that assigns tasks to them like we are paid to do this.

If you don't like the launcher, don't use it.

It's that simple. Just don't come here saying that the launcher wanted to download files blabla when your missclick did it.

P.S.: I don't earn anything from people clicking the ad; nothing whatsoever. Check out how adfly works.

Popcornhearts

Post#158 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 am

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Which launcher do I try and configure? Elvens with the megadownload, jefawks mini one or is there another floating around?

Ads
Sarasil

Post#159 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:00 am

I think Elvens megadownload is the game itself, and the launcher you can find through the link in JeFawk's signature.
Natharyn (sw)/Umatharil (sm)/Jillian (doc)

Find my fantasy art on my website and on facebook

JeFawk

Post#160 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 am

I know you don't give a shi.t about what I say, and I can't condemn you but:
* Elven's megadownload game client worked for me
* both launchers worked for me and they required me to download it with Internet Explorer and disable BitDefender AV and Firewall initially, then to add the folder to the excluded links.