Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#141 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Sulorie wrote:Because you don't drop back to almost medium armor levels on a tank without armor talis, when being hit by an Mara/ WL armor debuff, no?

The hardest hitting Engi attacks still deal physical damage.
Same with all non-festerbomb SW and melee with ws armor penetration. Some ignore armor but their finishers go on armor.
It is a matter of optimization and best defense would be armor plus high toughness. Still percentage based defense is better than flat reduction.
This all was tested on live and I see no point in trying to reinvent the wheel here.
you can block and pary adn dodge all attacks, ranged and melee so you must fous on that. armor is more than enough and you buff armor yourself. better thoughness (straight physical reduction way better than armor) and wounds help resit caster burst.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#142 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Asherdoom wrote: you can block and pary adn dodge all attacks, ranged and melee so you must fous on that. armor is more than enough and you buff armor yourself. better thoughness (straight physical reduction way better than armor) and wounds help resit caster burst.

But do you really need to stack toughness when you have terrifying foe tactic?

Asherdoom

Post#143 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:17 pm

toughness is never enough. like wounds. the more the better for me =)

Sulorie

Post#144 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Asherdoom wrote:toughness is never enough. like wounds. the more the better for me =)
Toughness dmg reduction is linear. Armor and resists are percentage based. Linear reduction becomes efficient, when you already reduce a huge chunk of damage with armor or resist.
More is always good but only armor and resist become more effective the closer to the cap you come. Add 25% armor to a base of 50% and you reduce damage by 50%. You don't have the same behavior when stacking toughness.

You only have enough armor, when debuffing it doesn't drop you below the cap but not even this is fully true, when you add armor penetration.
Dying is no option.

Asherdoom

Post#145 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:05 am

Sulorie wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:toughness is never enough. like wounds. the more the better for me =)
Toughness dmg reduction is linear. Armor and resists are percentage based. Linear reduction becomes efficient, when you already reduce a huge chunk of damage with armor or resist.
More is always good but only armor and resist become more effective the closer to the cap you come. Add 25% armor to a base of 50% and you reduce damage by 50%. You don't have the same behavior when stacking toughness.

You only have enough armor, when debuffing it doesn't drop you below the cap but not even this is fully true, when you add armor penetration.
the thing you forget is

most dps got skills in melee that totally bypass armor
spells bypass armor

you're free to stack it. good luck with that vs the tons of BW in order you will face

/wave

Asherdoom

Post#146 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:24 am

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-gu ... 11,913,890
what i am using atm as 2handed BG

Hatened doom is the bane of everyone. 120 wounds less is nothing to laugh about. Filled with fury help on spike damage output during attack and on the other trees i use:
Unstoppable fury: because fak you detaunt :3
Anger drives me: paired with deft defender+parry renown points i an avoid a lot of guard damage while going around in 2handed weapon/ I see a lot of parry around me with 100 hate :)
Get Down! i use it on enemy WH or slayers when hey bother my healer/guarded dps so y can :| em quickly.

pretty nifty spec to roam around.
Gear is 3/5 mercenary and 2/5annihilator+genesis offset :)

Ushoran

Post#147 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:46 pm

RoR.builders - Black Guard
What do you think of this offensive snb build?

Asherdoom

Post#148 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Ushoran wrote:RoR.builders - Black Guard
no idea if you were talking to me so i will give my opinion:
1st and foremost this is not WOW. "offensive" S&B is not efficinet, mainly for the low damage your weapon have.
2) talent are decent, yet you are taking tactics meant for 2hadned weapon: would use a spec like this one ( http://www.ror.builders/career/black-gu ... 13,920,897) this spec give healdebuff and an additional stun for when the main one is in CD, potentally allowing you to stp 2 healers for 3 seconds.

3) Talis full strenght might be an option. i would go WS instead, most of the time you will face full armor socketed casters, but you reduce their armor and thougness aready with HW and PS. extra WS means they will go a lot close to below barely minimum armor, allowing your loyal melee buddy to burst hard and you to hammer him with PS.

hope to be of any help :)

Ads
retekelek

Post#149 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Ushoran wrote:RoR.builders - Black Guard
Hello
I'm using this build for snb dps: RoR.builders - Black Guard
Whit mostly defensive talismans and RR spec, and some gear, you can do good kills whit it and stay tanky aswell

SmackdownNinja

Post#150 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:01 am

Thank you everybody for all the answers. I have really learned a lot so far just browsing through all the comments. I have two quick questions tho. Should I wear Ruin or Annihilator for a SnB BG? Or maybe a mix of the two? Also even if my toughness is soft-capped should I still put toughness talis on the armor? Thanks everyone in advance for the feedback.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82